Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Duty Manager

entertainment and a nice people to socialize with people
Waitress (Duty Manager) (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth20 June 2016
I have enjoyed to be part of Pizza express because it has a nice environment to work and it has people from different cultures to interact with. I have learned a lot about customer services and how to deal with difficult customers. However it is time for me to go back to my field and show my potential now when I finish my master at university in HR and change my job. I would like to apply my knowledge and experience in a different company and learn and work as a member of a team.
Pros
corporate culture
Cons
the rota
A fun place to work
Waiter/Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Witney, ENG29 April 2014
Whilst my time in employment for Pizza Express, I had a strong sense of job satisfaction, through watching both my colleagues work and seeing customers leave happy. There were plus sides of the job such as leaving the restaurant after a busy shift with everyone in high spirits and feeling like you have achieved something good for the day , however, some of those days it got very busy and hard to keep control of. This was mainly either due to high levels of customers entering the restaurant on non-key shifts where staff-levels are lower or when on a busy weekend customers are failing to book tables and the door host is just sitting tables without consulting a senior member of staff. Overall though the plus sides far out-weigh the negatives and I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a head-start in the industry.
Pros
Free meals, Good tips, regognition and good opprtunity for promotions.
Cons
Long, sometimes unsocialble hours, shifts are always changing week to week.
busy working enviroment
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Grantham7 September 2016
Pizza express took over from the previous company i worked for ASK so for alot of the time i was with the company i was updating the new managers on who people are and certain things on the building, staff and customers, We had an extensive training term while the restaurant was being referbished my co-workers have become life long friends and still enjoy seeing them now it was almost like having an additional family the hardest part for me was the hours i found i was doing long shifts in evenings and weekends which caused me to miss out when it came to my personal life. I mostly enjoyed learning about new types of italian food, ingredients and the setting up of a new restaurant
Pros
Free meal when you are on shift
Cons
long unsociable hours
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport12 February 2016
Learning new things every day,you get new and old customers every day and they discover the meaning of Pizza Express concept with every pizza bite. Managing a colorfull team can be challenging, but this guys are fantastic and they give their best to provide the greatest service, in the end the customers have to feel excellent and return to the restaurant.
Fun, friendly workplace
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, Suffolk1 February 2016
Very good company to work for, they care about their employees. I have been able to change my shift patterns to work around school and University without any trouble. Once trained, the job comes naturally.
Pros
Free staff food, good tips, flexible hours.
Cons
Physically demanding
Manager of Duty, Waitress, Chef
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, Bishop Storford.15 July 2015
Pizza express is good company for people who would like grow and teach new thing.

I came to England and straight away I started in Pizza express as a Pot wash/Cleaner, I grew up really fast.
Every 6 hours you are allowed take staff food.
Chef position is easy. You stretch pizza, and after u put on it few toppings.
As a Waitress you earn less money per hour than chef, but you can earn tips. Cash tips it is yours. Card tip you share 50% with kitchen staff.
My manager offered me be assistant manager of Pizza express, but salary on this position is silly. So I take position as a Deputy Manager, I earned more money, when I was during of weekend Waitress.
I liked work for this company, I enjoyed job, but management was really bad. You have to check your hours. Plus Pizza express planing all your live.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad managment
busy environment and interact with different type of people
Duty manager (Former Employee) –  oxtead17 December 2012
A typical day at work allways very busy environment dealing with all sort of people find solution to complain initiative day to day important activity manage different attitude staf. My co-workers are friendly and pleasant the hardest part of the job customer satisfaction the most enjoyable part of the job dealing with people.
Pros
any big complain come we give free lunch
Cons
some time we have to work long hours