Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Hard work.
Chef/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow29 July 2017
Very hard work and pay isn't good for what they make you do. I was doing 3 jobs in one and it wasn't even fair. Never trained me properly for any job roles i wanted to achieve, management is all over the place. The only good thing i got out of working here is meeting a couple of lovely people
Pros
Hours and Staff
Cons
Wage, management, no proper training.
Would not recommend anyone to work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex17 June 2017
Was a nice place to work,I worked there for 15 months,manager had her on plans when she joined the team,slowly pushing you out unless you are family or kiss her butt,seriously treated me badly as i was a hard worker and took pride in my work and always helped anyone there without being asked,the rest of the team are brilliant,lovely people.
Pros
nice team.
Cons
Management.
Terrible if you have a disablitiy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  The white house basingstoke13 May 2017
They Hired me knowing I had a disability, and they kept pressuring me to work at everyone Else's speed which was impossible for me , they made me carry heavy objects which damaged my legs futher and I had no breaks I had to ask for a five minute break so I could sort out my condition and I got yelled at alot the management staff would complain about me saying I was to slow I was not doing my work correctly, when in fact I was following on what the privous cleaner had shown me, they add on more work that you where not told to do in the first place and they don't care if you are having trouble I fell down twice during my late night shift and no one battered an eyelid, yeah you get free food sometimes I went home late at night and straight to bed I was so tired and sore that I was unable to cook when I got home around midnight so sometimes I spent two days with out eating anything so I could work around them.

Also no breaks don't expect to take a breather if you are having trouble, unless you smoke you don't get a priority and they don't follow there health and safety rules either I don't recommend this line of work for all the pizza in the world

I would not be surprised if the 5 star rating's are the staff management pretending to be workers.
Pros
you are allowed to go home
Cons
everything else
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple16 March 2017
Everyone treats you as an equal, not like a robot.... because we aren't, no matter who you are, you will always have a family with Pizza Express.
opportunities are endless, everyone is helpful and friendly, there is never a dull moment (with what I call my second home/family)....
Pros
Free Lunches
productive
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Taunton6 March 2017
At work I have become more confident and more comfortable with meeting new people and being myself. I have learnt how to work in a team more productively.
Nice enviroment with good service
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oxford street, Manchester5 March 2017
Im working un Pizza Express for more than a year and think is a really easy place to work because the staff know how to work as a team
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Old machines
Nice fun enjoyable workplace good atmosphere
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire14 February 2017
Theres always good atmosphere hours are flexible and Nice place to work always room for improvement incouraging courses. If you feel like persueing any career in catering or management always new courses
Pros
Always room for improvement
Cons
Hours constantly changing
Great experience
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Clerkenwell, Greater London12 February 2017
I 'm glad to had this experiences , having the opportunity to meet a great team and learning the basic but strong and amazing philosophy of this company : TEAM WORK .
Too many hours
Cleaner (part-time) + receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 December 2016
I've only just started working here recently, the staff are lovely and helpful. However, I've been put for both the receptionist (front of house) and cleaning... So far I've been cleaning the whole time with one shift at the door. I'm the youngest person working there I'm 17 and i've been put to do the most physical job in the whole restaurant. Also the hours are ridiculous even for a part-time job I've been asked to come in 5 days straight for at least 6 hours each time. If you are like me and attending school be careful as they wont very considerate of your school hours and work you need to do for it.. They have put me on shifts till 11pm on most week nights and I have to be up at 7am the following mornings it's a nightmare.
Pros
Free food, discounts, nice staff
Cons
Long hours, not considerate of school hours, lots of physical labour
Poor service
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 December 2016
Would not recommend working here. Rota's are a massive problem needs to be worked on. Constant negative feedback when doing Job correctly. Not entitled to a break & what a let down of the company.
Cons
fun and happy work place
Pot Washer and cleaner (Current Employee) –  Whitstable25 November 2016
on a Saturday I would only work 2 hours in the morning from 10 to 12 I would clean the restaurant by sweeping and mopping the floors, top up all soaps and tissues, clean all bathrooms and mop them clean windows and mirrors and wash up any dirty equipment.
on a sunday I would do the same thing in the morning and go home and come back at 7 to work in the pot wash where I would wash up all equipment used, plates cutlery etc and put them all away. at the end of the shift which is normally 11 I would shut down the machines, sweep and mop the floor and change bins and take them out. on a Monday I work from 8 till 11:15 at night I would be in the pot wash doing the same thing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours and days
Enjoyable environment but only at certain times during my time there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Solihull27 July 2016
Overall I really enjoyed my time working here, I met some great people who I loved seeing each shift. The job itself wasn't stressful unless we were particularly busy and even then most of my colleagues would help me out with what I needed to do if they saw the work load was getting to be too much. My main criticism and the reason I left the position was because out of the two main floor managers, I only got along with one of them. From the time I began I felt unwelcome when around the one manager and he generally didn't treat any of the cleaning staff or any staff he wasn't particularly fond of nicely at all. When I started up until I left I was not informed about certain things and the way the restaurant was run therefore got called up on things I'd done wrong that the manager should have already told me about. This particular manager also refused to listen to any employee complaints that were put forward to improve the restaurant and instead swore on numerous occasions at those giving the complaints. At one point a comment was made about the cleaning staff being the least important because they were "just cleaners and nothing more."
If it had not been for this manager then I would have perhaps stayed and got another part time job to ensure I was earning enough as the salary was only £5.85p/h, something I was not informed of when I started, instead I was told I would be earning £6.70p/h. I was also told that after three months I would no longer be classed as a trainee cleaner and would receive card tips, this never happened. When I initially applied to work there I applied
  more... for two positions and was told by this manager that he would train me up for one position when I started and the second position after Christmas, this also didn't happen.  less
Pros
Free meal and drink after working 4 hours, lovely kitchen staff, 20% off food away from work hours
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, certain members of staff were treated below par
Team work oriented environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Knutsford6 July 2016
A fast paced quick service restaurant which has average management and sometimes poor organisation with policies which are often ignored.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late finishes
coworkers fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London23 June 2016
Its cool because I have benefits, a daily meal, the worst thing are schedules very long hours sometimes.
I enjoy the job because I can keep social with the kitchen staff, they bring stuff to me instead of me going to grab it from the kitchen which makes it easier on me, but although the shift drags on sometimes and you have to be in a groove most of the time if you stop for a minute or several minutes you could end up with more dishes than you would if you kept working 5 hours straight
Pros
easy job
Cons
Very fun and friendly place to work.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Knutsford13 June 2016
When I first stepped foot in the the establishment I knew this would be a very friendly place to work, the team were fantastic we never missed a single detail in our work and everything was done to the highest standards.

While working there I learnt the importance of doing your job correctly and to a standard the rest of the workers are happy with and in my situation the Chefs, I had to clean every plate, pot, cup and all the utensils for the kitchen staff to use. It also taught me the importance of teamwork having to communicate also to make sure everything was running smoothly.
Pros
Free dinner and a very lovely staff team.
Cons
Not the best job cleaning pots etc.
Work Experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 May 2016
Cleaning, sort out to set up the table outside to prepare the people came in Pizza Express, after foods and always take any the plates to put in the sink.. lovely friendly, love it to work there again.. its hard to work is the better than nothing.
Cons
7am - 4pm
good experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 May 2016
I learned for the first time in a long time a real teamwork and a proper workplace enviroment.
The hardest part of the job was when the restaurant was full,bun with time , it got easier
Pros
staff food
Horrible
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Skipton30 April 2016
It was absolutely awful cleaners get treat so badly and they are expected to do everything the worst place to work is here and I hated it one person to do all the cleaning is beyond ridiculous.
Fun place to work.
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  St Albans29 April 2016
Fun place to work. Good management. Good structure for forward growth. Co workers are great to work with. The only hard part of the job is staying up on your feet for long hours. All in all the management and the employees make the work place fun and educational.
Pros
free meals and discounts
Cons
very physical
Long shifts no breaks unfair dismissal
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Teesside25 April 2016
I had to take 3 days off due to a trapped nerve in my lower back, they got annoyed and sacked me. Losing this job wasn't the end of the world as it was by far the worst place in the world to work. There was no communication from management and the front of house staff didn't Care and almost went out of their way to make my job harder. Speaking of my job, I never applied to be a cleaner, I applied as a supervisor and got offered a job as a chef, yet I never stepped foot in the kitchen and they wouldn't let me do anything but was pots and unblock urinals. I would not advise anyone to work here and I'll certainly be contacting HR for unfair dismissal
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, no food, no help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.