Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Cleaner

gossips and horribly ran
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim3 October 2018
was lied to was promised more hours then underpaid for the hours that i did do
horrible company to work for
this store in particular was not ran properly stupid things were getting prioritized at the end of the night rather than the cleaning which made my job harder i will always warn people of this company as i could not get over how i was treated people would talk about you and you could hear it when you have been in that place since 10 that morning with no 11 hours rest people wondered why you were tired.
Pros
free pizza with minimal toppings
Cons
underpaid long hours and no breaks
Fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Belfast26 September 2018
Really good environment. Made to feel like a family and no one was left out no matter what the job. Was well trained for the job and good working hours
Pros
Free lunch
Chef newcastle dean street
pizza chef, I did work as a cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear24 September 2018
Management don't look after thier staff and rude worked.at dean street Newcastle for six years didn't even get a thankyou for my service not the company I started with and would never go back got really bad depression coz for this place
Pros
Free staff food
Cons
Long hour bad managerment
very long
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Newbury10 June 2018
all you did was clean but they said id get put on to train to be a chef but nothing really went past that I seemed like they said that to keep you at the job if im honest
Pros
free meals
Cons
very repetative
not worth the stress
Full-time KP/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winchester12 March 2018
worked for pizza express for 3 months, hot and sweaty work so be prepared to work hard. probation is 6 months long so you don't get tips until it ends which means for 6 months your on minimum. didnt get on with management at all.
Pros
free lunch every 6 hours worked and every 10 hours anything from menu, free coffee
Cons
uncomftable conditions, bad management.
Safe, friendly, productive and fun
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London5 February 2018
When entering the workplace all the staff members are friendly which helps a lot as there are days where it gets really stressful. The management there is relatively fair and work with you when needing flexible work hours. Working there isn't that difficult you just need to learn to deal with stress well. Other than that working there is really good .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Just don’t give you the respect that you deserve as you woke very late and hard.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Uckfield11 September 2017
I feel like you have to be used to late nights and long hours to work somewhere like this as it can be very tiring and boring. The manger doesn’t give you enough respect as you are the heart of the business because without you there would be no plates for the dishes to go on that would be clean.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Long hours into the night for a 16year old
Hard work.
Chef/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Glasgow29 July 2017
Very hard work and pay isn't good for what they make you do. I was doing 3 jobs in one and it wasn't even fair. Never trained me properly for any job roles i wanted to achieve, management is all over the place. The only good thing i got out of working here is meeting a couple of lovely people
Pros
Hours and Staff
Cons
Wage, management, no proper training.
Would not recommend anyone to work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex17 June 2017
Was a nice place to work,I worked there for 15 months,manager had her on plans when she joined the team,slowly pushing you out unless you are family or kiss her butt,seriously treated me badly as i was a hard worker and took pride in my work and always helped anyone there without being asked,the rest of the team are brilliant,lovely people.
Pros
nice team.
Cons
Management.
Terrible if you have a disablitiy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  The white house basingstoke13 May 2017
They Hired me knowing I had a disability, and they kept pressuring me to work at everyone Else's speed which was impossible for me , they made me carry heavy objects which damaged my legs futher and I had no breaks I had to ask for a five minute break so I could sort out my condition and I got yelled at alot the management staff would complain about me saying I was to slow I was not doing my work correctly, when in fact I was following on what the privous cleaner had shown me, they add on more work that you where not told to do in the first place and they don't care if you are having trouble I fell down twice during my late night shift and no one battered an eyelid, yeah you get free food sometimes I went home late at night and straight to bed I was so tired and sore that I was unable to cook when I got home around midnight so sometimes I spent two days with out eating anything so I could work around them.

Also no breaks don't expect to take a breather if you are having trouble, unless you smoke you don't get a priority and they don't follow there health and safety rules either I don't recommend this line of work for all the pizza in the world

I would not be surprised if the 5 star rating's are the staff management pretending to be workers.
Pros
you are allowed to go home
Cons
everything else
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Barnstaple16 March 2017
Everyone treats you as an equal, not like a robot.... because we aren't, no matter who you are, you will always have a family with Pizza Express.
opportunities are endless, everyone is helpful and friendly, there is never a dull moment (with what I call my second home/family)....
Pros
Free Lunches
productive
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Taunton6 March 2017
At work I have become more confident and more comfortable with meeting new people and being myself. I have learnt how to work in a team more productively.
Nice enviroment with good service
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Oxford street, Manchester5 March 2017
Im working un Pizza Express for more than a year and think is a really easy place to work because the staff know how to work as a team
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Old machines
Nice fun enjoyable workplace good atmosphere
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire14 February 2017
Theres always good atmosphere hours are flexible and Nice place to work always room for improvement incouraging courses. If you feel like persueing any career in catering or management always new courses
Pros
Always room for improvement
Cons
Hours constantly changing
Great experience
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Clerkenwell, Greater London12 February 2017
I 'm glad to had this experiences , having the opportunity to meet a great team and learning the basic but strong and amazing philosophy of this company : TEAM WORK .
Too many hours
Cleaner (part-time) + receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 December 2016
I've only just started working here recently, the staff are lovely and helpful. However, I've been put for both the receptionist (front of house) and cleaning... So far I've been cleaning the whole time with one shift at the door. I'm the youngest person working there I'm 17 and i've been put to do the most physical job in the whole restaurant. Also the hours are ridiculous even for a part-time job I've been asked to come in 5 days straight for at least 6 hours each time. If you are like me and attending school be careful as they wont very considerate of your school hours and work you need to do for it.. They have put me on shifts till 11pm on most week nights and I have to be up at 7am the following mornings it's a nightmare.
Pros
Free food, discounts, nice staff
Cons
Long hours, not considerate of school hours, lots of physical labour
Poor service
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff6 December 2016
Would not recommend working here. Rota's are a massive problem needs to be worked on. Constant negative feedback when doing Job correctly. Not entitled to a break & what a let down of the company.
Cons
fun and happy work place
Pot Washer and cleaner (Current Employee) –  Whitstable25 November 2016
on a Saturday I would only work 2 hours in the morning from 10 to 12 I would clean the restaurant by sweeping and mopping the floors, top up all soaps and tissues, clean all bathrooms and mop them clean windows and mirrors and wash up any dirty equipment.
on a sunday I would do the same thing in the morning and go home and come back at 7 to work in the pot wash where I would wash up all equipment used, plates cutlery etc and put them all away. at the end of the shift which is normally 11 I would shut down the machines, sweep and mop the floor and change bins and take them out. on a Monday I work from 8 till 11:15 at night I would be in the pot wash doing the same thing.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours and days
Enjoyable environment but only at certain times during my time there
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Solihull27 July 2016
Overall I really enjoyed my time working here, I met some great people who I loved seeing each shift. The job itself wasn't stressful unless we were particularly busy and even then most of my colleagues would help me out with what I needed to do if they saw the work load was getting to be too much. My main criticism and the reason I left the position was because out of the two main floor managers, I only got along with one of them. From the time I began I felt unwelcome when around the one manager and he generally didn't treat any of the cleaning staff or any staff he wasn't particularly fond of nicely at all. When I started up until I left I was not informed about certain things and the way the restaurant was run therefore got called up on things I'd done wrong that the manager should have already told me about. This particular manager also refused to listen to any employee complaints that were put forward to improve the restaurant and instead swore on numerous occasions at those giving the complaints. At one point a comment was made about the cleaning staff being the least important because they were "just cleaners and nothing more."
If it had not been for this manager then I would have perhaps stayed and got another part time job to ensure I was earning enough as the salary was only £5.85p/h, something I was not informed of when I started, instead I was told I would be earning £6.70p/h. I was also told that after three months I would no longer be classed as a trainee cleaner and would receive card tips, this never happened. When I initially applied to work there I applied
  more... for two positions and was told by this manager that he would train me up for one position when I started and the second position after Christmas, this also didn't happen.  less
Pros
Free meal and drink after working 4 hours, lovely kitchen staff, 20% off food away from work hours
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, certain members of staff were treated below par
Team work oriented environment
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Knutsford6 July 2016
A fast paced quick service restaurant which has average management and sometimes poor organisation with policies which are often ignored.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
late finishes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.