Pizza Express Employee Reviews for Chef

Fast food pizza restaurant
Senior pizza chef (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
I joyned pizza express in january,honestly I don't like it. I used to work in a higher level kitchen. The salary is not bad but I would like to work in a different contest.
Pros
Salary
Cons
That's a fast food
best place to work
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  London8 May 2018
pizza express its a company to work with they are one of the best chains in uk.. feel free to build a demand of new skills. they also pride the staff!!
fun workplace
Senior chef (Current Employee) –  Stanmore22 April 2018
Working at pizza express had its pros and cons but overall its a good experience. It increased my ability of hard working under stress for long hours . it also helped me to know how much i can handle at work. I have learned a lot from everyone there.
fun place
Pizza's chef (Former Employee) –  Worthing12 February 2018
pizza express is a big company in UK, however you get in touch with different culture and you learn many aspect of food. Fresh and nice food to enjoy.
Pros
free food
Horrid
Chef (Former Employee) –  Swansea25 December 2017
Treated like a slave, Hard labour job. I worked very hard to be given unfair hours and unstable pay, not to forget the unpaid hours i have to chase. no looking after staff whatsoever, with big nasty attitudes of managers.
Pros
Cons
weight lose
pizza chef
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Wilmslow6 October 2017
fast pace
food preperation
cleaning duties
good management
friendly staff
open kitchen on show to customers
late nights and weekend work
fun
free staff meal
Very good
Chef (Former Employee) –  Finchley, Greater London29 September 2017
It’s giving me the opportunity of cooking and cleaning knowing the process of the food industry I had good fun and good time cooking for customers and enjoying work
Cons
Not very pleasant work environment
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 September 2017
Enjoyed the pizza making but rude staff/management when not up to scratch with the pizza making during trial period.
Organised kitchen area was enjoyable to work in.
Nice co workers always happy to help eachother
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Petersfield, Hampshire2 August 2017
Nice place to work met some great people there who are always happy to help one another, given many opportunities to advance myself in the job and learn new skills
Pros
Staff meal for 4 hours work
Cons
Hard shifts constantly on your feet
Chef. My responsibilities are (Current Employee) –  Biggleswade1 July 2017
Really good place to work!nice staff, life is good there no one is shouting on you, kitchen are very strong,everyone like a family !!! Enjoying to work there.
could do better
Chef (Current Employee) –  Scotland19 June 2017
In my current branch, it feels as though there are no opportunities for advancement and we are working for little in the way of return or even thanks. As a result, morale is low and we are having to be there of r each other as it feels the management and above are more interested in the profit margins rather than helping the staff and sorting out any ongoing problems.
Nice place
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Ramsgate, Kent9 June 2017
Stuff very placeable to work with, very sociable and funny. Love the kitchen every time very well cleaned and the hygiene of food is alway on top. Busy place during the weekend thanks to the seafront
Good team orientated place
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 May 2017
Enabled me to gain many skills while being there however management changed a lot. Staff all friendly and welcoming , good trainer and good chance to move up a level
Good
Chef de Partie (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset12 April 2017
Good pay and hours,however management isn't very good. Hourly can improve as you can work your way up from chef to senior chef to head chef. good team work.
Very good
Chef (Current Employee) –  Newquay, Cornwall5 April 2017
exellent staff , exellent hours i have learened very fast , there is not hard part about it it is very easy going, everyone is so frienly and the food is great
Pros
free pizza
Cons
no cons
great place to work
Chef (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 January 2017
Fun place to work, all the staff are friendly and nice to work with, very hard working team and the managers really look after there staff.
Pros
great food
Cons
late shifts
disorganised and stressful workplace
day - chef/pizzaiola (Current Employee) –  Norwich23 May 2016
a typical day consists of being expected to do other peoples jobs as well as your own, very rarely will you get a break if on a shift over 6 hours or more, especially if you work in the kitchen. I've learnt to work more on my own and work harder under pressure and also that their isn't much opportunity for progression in this job. the management are very dishonest and will tell you what you want to hear to your face but will do whatever they want, they are very unorganised, right the way up the ladder. I've met some great people working here and it is a pleasure to work as a team with most of them, i would say that the people working here are probably the best thing about the job. the hardest part of the job is working on a busy evening running around and trying to find stuff and keep up with demand in such an unorganised place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long unsociable hours
Productive, fun work place
2nd Chef (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, WLS3 September 2015
I learnt a lot from working in Pizza Express, I met a lot of nice people, it's a great job I've seen workers climb up the ladder from waiter to management fast and Pizza Exeess supports you with your learning.
Pros
Free Lunches, free drinks
Productive and fun working
chef (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 April 2015
In pizza express is an very hard working day but I learn many kind of dishes and pizza I had a good relationship with my college and my manager.The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had meetings all together and taking about the job.
Pros
Free lunches
good experience
chef (Current Employee) –  Norwich, ENG19 November 2014
nice place to work, work colleagues are friendly and helpful and the managers are easy to get on with
Pros
a
Cons
a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.

Pizza Express Reviews by Location