Pizza Express Employee Reviews in Sheffield

Nice but Management aren't understanding.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield27 February 2018
It was okay to work here, apart from the odd customer that thought it to be okay to snap their fingers at me like they thought I was a servant. My biggest issue was being asked to "sort out my priorities" when it came to putting my university work first. Studying a course that requires my time away from usual studying hours, the management did not like this and I was left with no other option but to look for work elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch, plenty to do, good wage.
Cons
Ignorant management, rude customers.
Fun and welcoming environment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire16 February 2017
While working for Pizza Express I have gained many skills which don't only benefit in the work place but also in everyday life situations. Management are very supportive and make every shift as energetic and upbeat as possible. I personally, due to the location of the restaurant being close to the cinema and bowling alley, found that I learnt quickly how to interact with different needs of customers. I thrive of being on my toes and Pizza Express is a perfect atmosphere for me.
Pros
Free meals after 4 hour shifts
Cons
Unpredictable busy periods
good experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield18 May 2016
I learned for the first time in a long time a real teamwork and a proper workplace enviroment.
The hardest part of the job was when the restaurant was full,bun with time , it got easier
Pros
staff food
Bad management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sheffield 34 July 2013
Work long hours, expected to stay till closing time even though you haven't had a customer for the past two hours. Management is rubbish they never do the rota properly and you only know what your working the following week 3 days in advance and even then it changed so much because they don't take into account requested days off. Not allowed to add flair as everything had robe the same in every restaurant. Everything has to be to speck always.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Late hours
Waiter
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Sheffield2 June 2013
I enjoy working as a team to provide good customer service. A big part of the job is making sure customers are having an enjoyable time at the restaurant which is something I enjoy doing