Pizza Express Employee Reviews in Plymouth

3.2Pay & Benefits
Positive, Motivational & Flexible
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth11 July 2016
A typical day at Pizza Express would involve, Arriving early before a busy evening, Setting up the establishment preparations; Organising a seating plan for bookings, Restocking drinks fridges, changing bins, pumping wines, lighting candles, cleaning, cleaning & polishing cutlery ect...

The shift itself would be well organised with each waiter/waitress having a particular section to suit their needs. My co-workers often very supportive and helpful if i was ever struggling there would always be a manager or co-worker close by to help out.

The hardest part of the Job for me would be a surprise rush! If we were not expecting to be busy there would be a limited number of staff on and it would be a real struggle to keep on top of everything.

The most enjoyable part of the position is just meeting and talking with new people/customers each shift.
Pros
Cash tips, Free food on shift, Flexible hour choices.
Pizza express
Kitchen porter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth19 January 2014
When working in a very busy environment, it is not as easy as people think singing up for a job is, once I got comfortable after my training on being a kitchen porter my attention noticed little things such as having to keep of with the pace of work as everyone else would be out writing food orders id have too wash dishes quick enough to wash more on there way in, more of my duty's would be putting plates/glasses out to the main floor .
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Long hours.