Pizza Express Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

Great atmosphere to work in with good salary
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 July 2018
The shifts are flexible, you can adjust them around your life, it's great if you're not a weekend person as weekends are the busiest. The company has many positions if you're looking to advance in hospitality.
Pros
company discounts, good salary
Cons
long shifts
Super
WAITER - FRONT OF HOUSE (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 July 2018
Very Good in particular staff food and flexibility. If i was you i would be looking for a job in the kitchen to improve your skills and also to earn a bit more
You know where you stand.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh13 August 2017
It is a big company with standardised procedures, if you are someone that can follow rules then you will have a great time. It is a safe place to work with a great atmosphere. Management is great. No career progression really unless you enter into management at entry level, then you can take it from there.
Pros
Great team working enviroment
Cons
No progression unless you wait for a very long time or you're lucky
Fast paced and fun
Festival staff (Coffee and Dessert Waitress.) (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 April 2017
You work as part of a large team at pizza express. Depending on your job role you will specialise in delivering a particular product to the customer. It's a rewarding place to work.
Pros
Great tips and free meals
Cons
tiring
Friendly Atmosphere
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT10 June 2015
Managers can be very picky about things, which is good because it ensures things get done right. A very friendly place to work with great tips, almost doubling your salary sometimes. You must work very hard as it's so fast-paced, but if you can handle it, it's worth it.
Pros
Great tips and 50% off at P.E
Cons
Very busy, managers are strict
Can be a fun place to work in
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh26 February 2013
Whether is a fun place or not to work in it depends entirely on the staff. In my experience I always enjoyed working here because I became very attached to my staff and them to me. My "type" of management is a compassionate one. I connect with my employees by listening to their problems and/or concerns as well as fun stories and positive anecdotes. I found that sharing more with them made them work "with me" rather than "for me". The hardest part of the job would definitely be whatever situation on which I would be forced to give them a bad time in regards to their performance, especially when the company mainly focuses on just numbers rather than experience.
Pros
easy to grow within company
Cons
salary is not the best.