Pizza Express Employee Reviews in Chelmsford

3.2Pay & Benefits
Fun and friendly
Part- time waitress (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford1 April 2014
A typical day would require me to prep the restaurant before opening and set up the bar ready for serving drinks. During opening hours I would be responsible for my own section of the restaurant which I took order from, delivered food to and dealt with all customer related questions or complaints. This line of work entailed the use of electronic tills, cash handling, food handling and preparation and the making of alcoholic beverages. I learnt a great deal of self responsibility from my role but also the importance of team work, especially when under great pressure. My manager was the backbone to our branch and had a refreshing hands on approach. My colleagues at Pizza Express were like family which was unsurprising considering we were so dependant on one another during shifts and when stress was building during busy shifts we'd have each other to bounce off and pick up. The hardest part of the job also had to be the most exciting; the busy Saturday night shifts. Although very tiring and stressful at times, I always enjoyed working under pressure and facing many new customers each evening.