Pizza Express Employee Reviews in Birmingham

See reviews about:
Productive Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 April 2018
Pizza Express brings a friendly and caring environment for customers and also the work staff in where I was prevalent within. For this reason, it made the workplace culture a brilliant place to work and be a part of. Purely because the working hours constantly aroused and benefited many of my personal skills that I have within my capabilities. Every shift improved many of my skills and also challenge my uses of them. I worked with many different forms of customers and treated all with the same standards; regardless of many different worldwide cultures. The management staff at Pizza Express give you the correct and clear guidelines to work within the company, however at times I found that I had to work with my own initiative of which I was truly comfortable with.
Pros
Free Lunches
poor managment and favourism
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 February 2018
I enjoyed the first few months of working here but the managers will find any excuse to get rid of you, as i was aware of this i looked for a job myself. They isolate their staff and remove them from other members of the team. The team were nice and i loved working with chefs and waitresses and runners but the managers were very poor.
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Send you hom early and dont pay you till the hours they put you on in the fist place
The team enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 September 2017
The team work is great.
The enthusiasm of the team and you feel like you are part of a little family when your at work. All look out for one another..
Productive, fast and fun
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham7 September 2016
I like m'y job, and i'm serious with customer and quality service, but im not happy to pizza express because, i'm a fast guy, and the another Waiter and manager they here for bla bla and every time tired, i's not m'y conception to the job.
funworkplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham14 July 2016
a fair place to work for, or at. enjoying meeting different people from various backgrounds but, hated the autocratic approach culture from some of the management individuals.
Pros
tips
Cons
taxes
Shift work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham12 July 2016
The hours were good as you had weekly rotation between teams, however the disadvantage was the need for a 2 week block and this to be planned months in advance
Pros
Set shifts
Cons
Odd shifts
Work Experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 May 2016
Cleaning, sort out to set up the table outside to prepare the people came in Pizza Express, after foods and always take any the plates to put in the sink.. lovely friendly, love it to work there again.. its hard to work is the better than nothing.
Cons
7am - 4pm
A good international brand to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG11 August 2015
Great management training. Get to visit branches across the UK for training. Everyone is passionate about the brand and it's expanded internationally.
Pros
Annual summer ball
Cons
Working evenings and weekends. Also going to work on days off
Manager of Duty, Waitress, Chef
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, Bishop Storford.15 July 2015
Pizza express is good company for people who would like grow and teach new thing.

I came to England and straight away I started in Pizza express as a Pot wash/Cleaner, I grew up really fast.
Every 6 hours you are allowed take staff food.
Chef position is easy. You stretch pizza, and after u put on it few toppings.
As a Waitress you earn less money per hour than chef, but you can earn tips. Cash tips it is yours. Card tip you share 50% with kitchen staff.
My manager offered me be assistant manager of Pizza express, but salary on this position is silly. So I take position as a Deputy Manager, I earned more money, when I was during of weekend Waitress.
I liked work for this company, I enjoyed job, but management was really bad. You have to check your hours. Plus Pizza express planing all your live.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad managment
Friendly place to work, busy and productive
Host (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 June 2014
I really enjoy working at Pizza Express because we have a really good team, and the customers we have are also very nice. In my job role, I find it really important that as a Host, I ensure that I make a really good first impression of our restaurant, and ensure that customers have an exceptional experience so that they will return. It is a very busy restaurant, which I really like as there is always something that needs to be done.
Pros
Free lunches, lovely staff
fun workplace
Chef (Current Employee) –  Birmingham22 April 2013
- Nice and easy open. I have 2 Hours to do the prep. 1130 we opening restaurant for costumers. If it Wednesday, Friday and Saturday we expecting busy day.

- I learned how to work in team. How to communicate with each other, how to solve problems when it's busy time. Learn English as well :)

- Pizza Express Bullring - best co-workers. Especially kitchen staff. Always helping to each other.

- Hardest time - when it's rush time and when you have nothing in a kitchen. Vegetables etc.

-The most enjoyable is .. pay day.
Pros
free staff food
Cons
spending all your day there, sometimes week's