Pizza Express Employee Reviews in Basingstoke

See reviews about:
Terrible if you have a disablitiy
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  The white house basingstoke13 May 2017
They Hired me knowing I had a disability, and they kept pressuring me to work at everyone Else's speed which was impossible for me , they made me carry heavy objects which damaged my legs futher and I had no breaks I had to ask for a five minute break so I could sort out my condition and I got yelled at alot the management staff would complain about me saying I was to slow I was not doing my work correctly, when in fact I was following on what the privous cleaner had shown me, they add on more work that you where not told to do in the first place and they don't care if you are having trouble I fell down twice during my late night shift and no one battered an eyelid, yeah you get free food sometimes I went home late at night and straight to bed I was so tired and sore that I was unable to cook when I got home around midnight so sometimes I spent two days with out eating anything so I could work around them.

Also no breaks don't expect to take a breather if you are having trouble, unless you smoke you don't get a priority and they don't follow there health and safety rules either I don't recommend this line of work for all the pizza in the world

I would not be surprised if the 5 star rating's are the staff management pretending to be workers.
Pros
you are allowed to go home
Cons
everything else
Waitressing is not for me...
waitress (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke19 September 2016
I have been a waitress in Pizza Express for a year and I cannot say I enjoyed working there as that would not be true. My experience with Pizza Express team and management is really bad and this is why i have decided to leave and to work in a care home instead.
Productive and enjoyable day.
(Current) Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke3 October 2015
I enjoy working as a food runner, however I'd love to eventually become a waitress. As I grow throughout my role I hope this will allow me to develop new skills which I can put forward for another job or another role within this work place.

All of the other members of staff are kind and helpful. Sometimes it feels a bit rushed when my manager tells me things, but I eventually get the idea.

Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers and bringing food out to them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Haven't found one yet
good atmosphere and friandly team work
waitress (Current Employee) –  basingstoke9 May 2013
normaly work on weekend,double shifts it is hardest part
no life
Pros
free meals
Cons
40 hour a week