Pizza Express Employee Reviews

Nice part time job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  St Albans11 June 2018
Normally get reasonable hours for a part time job and really easy to pick up and understand. Management isn't great but they work hard to adjust to your hours
Pros
50% off for everyone on your table whilst dining and free food during breaks
very long
Pot Washer (Former Employee) –  Newbury10 June 2018
all you did was clean but they said id get put on to train to be a chef but nothing really went past that I seemed like they said that to keep you at the job if im honest
Pros
free meals
Cons
very repetative
Poor Management
Waiter/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Leeds White Rose4 June 2018
I worked part time and would travel over an hour to work to often be sent home less than an hour into the shift due to being over staffed. This happened to many of the other workers alongside myself.
Many shifts I was given a small sections of merely three tables, even after being there over three months, whereas some people who had just been employed with little to no experience in the industry would be given sections with six or more, leading to mess ups and complaints.
Relaxed
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth3 June 2018
It was quite a relaxed restaurant, at some point in the day it was hungry hour which is when you need to pick it up a tad to make sure all customers are satisfied.

I enjoyed giggling with the customers a lot.
Pros
Friendly customers
Cons
leaving
Good working atmosphere not enough hours
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands3 June 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere, and my work colleagues. However they were unable to provide enough hours or career advancement which meant I had to leave and look for other work.
Hard work, fast paced, but fun rewarding work.
Waiter/MOD (Current Employee) –  Leicester2 June 2018
Looking after multiple guests, fast paced and often challenging. Colleagues are great and offers an enjoyable work environment. The salary is poor for the work required but the tips help to make it worth it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
physically tireing
hard work but flexible for students
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Bath31 May 2018
Short staffed shifts lead to poor management and customer complaints. Due to company's labour saving management, employees get their hours cut or asked to work more hours under abnormal conditions. The hardest part is to work with very different customers and fulfil everyone's needs. However, the workplace is students friendly as the shifts can be easily flexible.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management
Ambiente de trabajo divertido siempre trabajo en equipo
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Torquay-Devon28 May 2018
Es excelente area de trabajo siempre en equipo buen ambiente laboral rápido servicio siempre con una meta y objetivos por lograr
Pros
Oportunidades de surgir
Ok.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire21 May 2018
Good company to work for, however normally understaffed. Good staff to work with but a lot of tables and a lot to do when it is very busy. Managers do not always help with training and can be critical.
Pros
Food
Cons
Short staff, busy, management.
Pleasure to work in pizza express
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Bankside, Greater London17 May 2018
It a company that gives you a lots of opportunity.
I really like to work there but i want to do my dream come true I would like to work in my area like account assistant because these is my dream.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours
Good money but very stressful
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station17 May 2018
Working as a waiter at Pizza Express was a good job because you could make good money through getting tips, but each shift would usually involve a moment when you completely lost control, due to an overload of tables and an unrealistic expectation of the individual waiter's multitasking capacity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
very stressful
Cliquey and no job advancement
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Alton, Hampshire17 May 2018
Worked here for three months and was never allowed my own tables. This meant I was being bossed by other members of staff asking me to do the jobs they didn't want to do e.g. clean tables, but I never saw the tips. Generally the team was very cliquey and I felt like I didn't fit in.
Pros
Free food
some good some bad aspects
Waitress/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent15 May 2018
as with every job, there were some good and some bad days, the good days were always fun but the bad days were some of the most exhausting id ever experienced
Pros
free food
Cons
manager
okay..
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex15 May 2018
Working at pizza express was great.. sometimes! The team I worked with were lovely and were always happy to help but management were not. I would get maximum of 10 hours a week and then other weeks id get 0. Its not certain hours which effects a lot of people. Management never listen to problems or do what suits your home life.
Pros
tips
Cons
managment
Great Vibes
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Alresford, Hampshire13 May 2018
Every day at pizza express is great fun with great people. I have learned so many skills such as people skills and working under pressure. the management is great and so is the culture.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Hard work on your feet
Fun Workplace
Part-time Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast12 May 2018
Typical day at work included cleaning the restaurant and preparing for the work day ahead. The working environment was very pleasant and hard work was readily recognised and praised by management.
Pros
Free meals, discount, training
Fast food pizza restaurant
Senior pizza chef (Current Employee) –  London12 May 2018
I joyned pizza express in january,honestly I don't like it. I used to work in a higher level kitchen. The salary is not bad but I would like to work in a different contest.
Pros
Salary
Cons
That's a fast food
good place to work
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Grantham11 May 2018
not enough hours for me unfortunatly although the staff and the job itself was good. can keep tips that you make and the restaurant itself is an amazing place to work.
A good role to develop skills.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Great Portland Street Station8 May 2018
Pizza express is a good place to get trained and build a strong skill set for managerial position. Your manager is always there to delegate jobs advise you for the support of the business.
Pros
Free meal on shift
Cons
Long hours with no balanced life
best place to work
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  London8 May 2018
pizza express its a company to work with they are one of the best chains in uk.. feel free to build a demand of new skills. they also pride the staff!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.