Pizza Express Employee Reviews

offers progression but with poor work/life balance
Operational Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester4 December 2018
This job can offer progression to the right candidates willing to put in the work and commitment.

The hours are flexible, with some very long days of 13- 14 hours mixed in with some shorter shifts or 7 - 8 hours.

The workplace is fast paced, so organisational skills are key to ensuring you are able to keep up with the frantic pace
Bardzo dobre miejsce do pracy!
Manager (Former Employee) –  England22 November 2018
Gdy już znajdzie się dobre miejsce do pracy jak to, trzeba sie go trzymać! Polecam każdemu, mnie siła wyższa sprowadziła z powrotem do ojczyzny i teraz tutaj szukam czegoś podobnego
Pros
darmowe posiłki, dobre napiwki, super atmosfera, możliwosć rozwoju
Cons
godziny pracy
A challenging and exciting place to work
Waiter/MOD (Former Employee) –  Ludlow19 November 2018
In my time at pizza express i had many duties and became a big part of the team. I met some great people in my time there along with some not so great. We struggled a lot due to low staffing and unreliable staff, a driving factor in my leaving was this along with the company priorities shying away from giving good service and more a cheaper service for the business.

A great starter job and there is scope for growth down the line
Pros
Staff food, challenging environment, decent benefits, good tips
Cons
Poor management frame, business focuses confused and contrived
Fun and supportive work environment.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire17 November 2018
Management is massively supportive through out the shift. I gain a lot of skills that I can now use in future jobs such as punctuality, spotting intentional issues and preventing them and high quality customer service.
Company that thinks only about money
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 November 2018
Poor experience, been there a long time and it just got worse. Incompetent Higher management. Values do not exist there but they try to make you think they care about people first. Not true, company cuts hours and people working in the restaurant struggle where some other branches have much more staff on shift. This shows incompetence in higher management as one branch should not differ from another by that much.
Pros
Progression possibilities
Waiter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 November 2018
I've had many great years working in Pizza Express. Working with and meeting great people along the way. The hours can be long but making tips is a definite advantage to doing the long hours.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
good
Waiter (Former Employee) –  London15 November 2018
good first job. good tips if youre nice to people why is this field mandatory to make us waste time,nothing relevant to say actually. thanks for the time wasted
Great company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford8 November 2018
I strongly recommend PE, one of the best companies in the UK. I really miss them everyday. Best choice in casual dinning.
Great support from managers. You can feel part of the family all the time
Manager (Current Employee) –  North East6 November 2018
A good place to work. Definitely room for progression if that is something you wish for. Work/life balance can be difficult due to long hours and late nights.
Runner At Romford Branch
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Romford, Greater London5 November 2018
Absolutely love it here. Was my first job starting as a runner and am now fully trained waiter. Everyones so lovely and friendly and always having a laugh, whilst keeping everything run smoothly. Manager is very flexible and understanding with life and work scheduling. Food is so handy, and a great bonus.
Pros
Free Lunches, lovely staff
Cons
Can be fast pace and stressful, hard on your feet.
Ambiente lavorativo stimolante
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff29 October 2018
Ogni giorno c'era sempre qualcosa di nuovo da imparare e fare fare .
Ho imparato tantissimo questa azienda , e la parte più piacevole era vedere il personale lavorare in gruppo e soddisfare il bisogno dei clienti.
productive and fun workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wallington29 October 2018
I learned a lot about waiting and everyone was willing to help me therefore the tips were god enough but the rota was every week almost the same .good place for work !
Pros
free lunches
Vibrant place to work
Waiter and Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 October 2018
Busy restaurants, if you're not a hard worker this is not the place for you. Met some wonderful people at PE who helped me develop my skills. Working at PE you'll also learn the importance of working in a multi-cultural society.
good work place
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands18 October 2018
I went to work there to help the management team how ever the manager left and the new manager did help me how ever I didn't feel welcome anymore so I left
fun
WAITRESSING (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City17 October 2018
was very flexible allowing me to work enough shifts to work adn focus on my studies, the staff were very friendly and made some great friends, plus the free pizza was great
Fun place to work
Pizzaiolo Chef (Current Employee) –  Macclesfield6 October 2018
A typical day in the work place. is filled with a lot of laughter, we all try to make work as enjoyable as we can while making sure we are actaully getting staff done as well.
ive learnt how to mange a kitchen and control a team when under pressure and never to let a busy shift put you down. ive learnt when things go bad to be chilled not to panic and think of solutions instead of losing it and freaking out the team and the customers.

management has been really good before but has taken a turn for the worse with one of the mangers doing really long hours and getting annoyed with everyone, and a new assis who doesn't know what she is doing.

the hardest part of the job for me is the long hours, but I do love the long hours.
working in the kitchen with all of my pals as a we our like a family.
Pros
free lunches, good friends, family based place.
Cons
lot's of drama
gossips and horribly ran
Cleaner Operative (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim3 October 2018
was lied to was promised more hours then underpaid for the hours that i did do
horrible company to work for
this store in particular was not ran properly stupid things were getting prioritized at the end of the night rather than the cleaning which made my job harder i will always warn people of this company as i could not get over how i was treated people would talk about you and you could hear it when you have been in that place since 10 that morning with no 11 hours rest people wondered why you were tired.
Pros
free pizza with minimal toppings
Cons
underpaid long hours and no breaks
every restaurant difirent
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh2 October 2018
cant cmplain had ups and d0wns , but genaral all g00d. every restaurant diferent but standarts the same, w0rked 6 years and will n0t change a thing meet s0me nice pe0ple and made friends. salary always 0n time
Fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Belfast26 September 2018
Really good environment. Made to feel like a family and no one was left out no matter what the job. Was well trained for the job and good working hours
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Fun work environment full of friendly people
Pot wash/trainee chef (Former Employee) –  Northallerton, North Yorkshire25 September 2018
Started working there when I went back to college to retrain, met my life long friends there and the company gave me all ge hours where they could accomadate me, had late nights but it was a great job
Pros
Staff food
Cons
Late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.