Pizza Express Employee Reviews

Well structured company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Uk13 April 2018
I worked for pizza express for 2 years, in thus time I learnt how fantastic its infrastructure is. It perfected the internal communications and information department. Training programme was good, salary was average not the best not the worst
Pros
Free food, able to have a work life balance, great internal comms
Cons
Gain weight from pizza
Productive Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 April 2018
Pizza Express brings a friendly and caring environment for customers and also the work staff in where I was prevalent within. For this reason, it made the workplace culture a brilliant place to work and be a part of. Purely because the working hours constantly aroused and benefited many of my personal skills that I have within my capabilities. Every shift improved many of my skills and also challenge my uses of them. I worked with many different forms of customers and treated all with the same standards; regardless of many different worldwide cultures. The management staff at Pizza Express give you the correct and clear guidelines to work within the company, however at times I found that I had to work with my own initiative of which I was truly comfortable with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Good place to be a team worker
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  London2 April 2018
It's a good place to be a team worker, but it's so busy and sometimes you can't handle with. The worse thing is if you are below 21 years old, they pay you bad.
Hard work but very simple
Waiter and manager on duty (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 March 2018
It’s a good job where I learned how to be in charge I learned the proper customer service great experience great customers and the management and also a lovely service charge can’t complain
Pros
Very good management
Cons
Limited staff food
Good depending on location
Waiter Trainer on 10 (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff14 March 2018
Pizza Express is overall a good company to work for in my opinion but although it's fun and enjoyable, the management is poor. In my experience I've noticed that a lot of managers just sit in their office and don't really care about anything else that's going on. It's rare that they're there to support you and you have to take all matters into your own responsibility. Which can be good at times but certainly not when it's a busy shift and you have a number of things to do plus you need the manager who is nowhere to be seen. That's the biggest fault with the company in my opinion, it may not be like that in all restaurants but certainly in the ones I've worked in.

There are plenty of opportunities to progress and to advance up through the company, and the interaction with other staff members is a plus too. The pay is poor though unless tips are good, they make the job worth it when they're consistent.
Pros
Free meals, Good quality workplaces, Lots of interaction with public and staff
First job in London
(Londres-UK) - atuando como técnico de informática (Former Employee) –  London/UK13 March 2018
I had a very good experience, I was able to improve in all professional senses, acting in diverse affiliations. I ended my cycle in the company because I wanted to finish my university to get the degree in IT
Pros
lunch free
not worth the stress
Full-time KP/ cleaner (Former Employee) –  Winchester12 March 2018
worked for pizza express for 3 months, hot and sweaty work so be prepared to work hard. probation is 6 months long so you don't get tips until it ends which means for 6 months your on minimum. didnt get on with management at all.
Pros
free lunch every 6 hours worked and every 10 hours anything from menu, free coffee
Cons
uncomftable conditions, bad management.
Nice but Management aren't understanding.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield27 February 2018
It was okay to work here, apart from the odd customer that thought it to be okay to snap their fingers at me like they thought I was a servant. My biggest issue was being asked to "sort out my priorities" when it came to putting my university work first. Studying a course that requires my time away from usual studying hours, the management did not like this and I was left with no other option but to look for work elsewhere.
Pros
Free lunch, plenty to do, good wage.
Cons
Ignorant management, rude customers.
poor managment and favourism
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 February 2018
I enjoyed the first few months of working here but the managers will find any excuse to get rid of you, as i was aware of this i looked for a job myself. They isolate their staff and remove them from other members of the team. The team were nice and i loved working with chefs and waitresses and runners but the managers were very poor.
Pros
Free food on shift
Cons
Send you hom early and dont pay you till the hours they put you on in the fist place
Fun and challenging
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Amersham26 February 2018
you need to have a certian mentality to be able to do this job, at times it can be fun, at times it can be very challenging.

learnt how to manage work mentally, learnt how to be more efficent physically as the job is very demanding and requires a fast paced and efficent working style.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Customers can be a pain

Want to know more about Pizza Express?

Ask a question
Productive place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 February 2018
It is a great place to work at but the salary is low. The colleagues are nice and chatty most of them but the management of the place is a bit under what is should be.
Pros
free lunch
Terrible place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, Cornwall20 February 2018
Don't work here, problems with management, poor work life balance, just a bad company in general! Long hours, not appreciated, staff food not nice, never get bonus
Work and have a fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London19 February 2018
Our day at work has to be productive and also fun. We have to be the second family because we are together more than with our families. It is important to find the place where you fit.
fun work place
Chef (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield17 February 2018
realyyy fun to work with the colegs really god management long hours to work long shifts speaceli the closing dauns over all a god place to strart working
Long hours, poor management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cambridge13 February 2018
Understaffed so shifts are tiring and unpredictable. The management is poor, managers don't communicate with each other so there are constantly problems with the Rota. The wage for anyone under 25 is extremely low.
Cons
Long hours, poor management. Stressful
fun place
Pizza's chef (Former Employee) –  Worthing12 February 2018
pizza express is a big company in UK, however you get in touch with different culture and you learn many aspect of food. Fresh and nice food to enjoy.
Pros
free food
Cons
Safe, friendly, productive and fun
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Harrow on the Hill, Greater London5 February 2018
When entering the workplace all the staff members are friendly which helps a lot as there are days where it gets really stressful. The management there is relatively fair and work with you when needing flexible work hours. Working there isn't that difficult you just need to learn to deal with stress well. Other than that working there is really good .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead30 January 2018
I’ve learnt many new skills since joining in January 2017. I’m better at talking to members of the public and my listening and commutating skills have improved coming along way since the start of this job.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Tips
Avoid at all costs!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Falmouth26 January 2018
Terrible management, terrible training. Managers talk to you like dirt. The ASM job is boring because store managers won't give you any responsibilities! I was here for 6 months and hated everything about it!!
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Unfair and disrespectful area Manager
magnífico.
Camarera y recepcionista (Former Employee) –  londres24 January 2018
El mayor logro es poder trabajar sin saber inglés y concederte la oportunidad de subir en el sector mediante tu trabajo y esfuerzo; dándote así la confianza suficiente para super arte día a día.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Express. Our community is ready to answer.