Pizza Express

Pizza Express Employee Reviews

United Kingdom663 reviews
Fun environment to work, a fast paced daily routine where working as a team in essential. I Learn a lot from the basics of costumer service to kitchen management as well as team coordinating.
Good experience
Fun, tough atmosphere where I learnt a lot. Management was good with a good work team, good benefits for the service station also. Payment was always upfront.
Pros
Long shifts, well paid, interact with public.
Cons
Long hours, far travel
Fun workplace
Manager was nice on some occasion and not nice on other occasion and seem to me that if he was having a bad day he would take it out on the staff. But in the end it was fun.
Good team.
Had a very good team. Willing to help with any kind of issues I’ve had or question. Only issue was the manager who was very stressed out and took it out on me repeatedly. Shouts too much even in earshot of customers. But the colleagues were very supportive.
Not worth it
Poor management, no time for social life outside of work .
They also give you a 0 hour contact so really they can give you as many hours as they want or don’t want . Tel you to come in or not to come in last minute, make you work ridiculous hours and add hours onto your shift when you’re already halfway through it
Pros
You get discount for their pizzas
Cons
Poor management. No time and inside of work . Unfair hours . Rushed
Its okay
Lovely team to work with and the free food for every 4 hours worked is a great bonus, however the head manager is never really on the floor and doesn't work with us as a team. Wage was pretty good but hours were mostly long and you would often find that the manager would find an excuse to go home early and leave others to close. The manager's on duty were lovely and helpful when correcting problems that had been made. Overall it wasn't too bad of a place to work but I couldn't wait to leave as I got closer to finding another job. I also think that it's no surprise that this place has such a turnover of employees. The training isn't the best and could be done in half the time if someone was actually appointed to train newcomers.
Find a Way
Is a fantastic problem solving exercise. Will recommend to anyone to try casual Dining, enabling the tuition of quick solutions to seemingly unsolvable dilemmas!
Summary
It's a good place to work very friendly people the job its not so hard as people's said before I start I love to get back to that pizza express it's a very good company to work for
Great job
Great job, great people, good tips, free food, team bonding, staff do's, fair hours, fair wage, hard word, laid back, chilled, positive experience, regular food tasters
Working with a team to ensure a smooth running of the kitchen - ensuring that high standard of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas by carrying out general cleaning duties
Management have no idea
My first few months here were really great. We had a great manager and assistant manager, and a well managed team. Then those managers left, and we were stuck with someone with no experience and let the whole team down. People's shifts were being messed about with, the females were being treated like they weren't even people. Their names were never used and their hours severely cut. When it came to busy days, management was never seen and we were left to struggle by ourselves and just get on with it as it was what we were being paid to do. We were not being paid over illness due to poor work conditions. Other restaurants may be different, but this one deserves to be missed. Do not work here.
Worst place I’ve ever worked
I would not recommend working here to anyone. The culture is extremely gossipy and there are clear cliques and the managers have clear favourites. The food runners do everything that the waiters and waitresses do except taking orders and don’t get tipped or credited by managers. There is no room to progress in the company and the hours that you are given are ridiculous, one week you will have none and the next week you have 20. The meetings are at 8:30 at night which is not good for anyone at uni or school. You do not get payed anywhere near enough for what you do. The food runners make the restaurant what it is and they are looked down on by managers and waitresses.
No review
Gtreat company to work for with allot of experienced managers and possibility to grow further.
Stability in your job and good work life balance overall.
the worst management i have ever encountered.
working for pizza express from day one was awful, i was greated with promises of full time hours a job within the management team and a rate of pay that was agreed upon beforehand. upon starting i was given less hours, not the job i applied for and a decrease in rate of pay. to make things worse i was suppose to have sundays off to see my child however i was then threatened with being fired if i refused to work almost everyday.

as time went on and the current manager left the buisness i was invited back to work there with promises of more security. i started with a fresh mind being given the job i had originally applied for, at first it was hard but we were slowly creating a better place to work, then i started to notice things within the company that were horrendous. people being accused of things from area managers to try and force them out of the company if they called out anything wrong with the buisness. with no general manager at the restaurant and just us too run the show we were promised help which was never given.

further down the line 5 managers later the area management still wouldnt listen or help in any way and thats when the real constructive dismissal started to take place, when i first started they tried to force a pregnant assisstant manager to leave so they didnt have to pay her maternity pay and now i was hearing about other branches being accused of stealing and people being fired with no eveidence. Then came our turn 4 different people all in management accused of stealing all in exactly the same way for small amounts.

However we banded together
 - more...
I found Pizza Express a great place with friendly colleagues and management.
Restaurants are fast paced and a fun environment to work in. Can be hard sometimes, but pizza express give you all the opportunity to progress.
Work at pizzaexpress provides lots of new oportunities to learn new skills. This is very productive place to work with great coworkers. It’s the best place to starts working in restaurant for unexperienced person.
productive and fun work
If working in any of the busy branches you can get some nice cash tips as well as the service charge. Good food and drink trainings are held within the company.
Productive and busy place to work
Staff and Management are approachable.
Willing to teach new employees about processes and menu

Good food

Consideration for employees

Tolerant with Language barrier
staff are the best part
the atmosphere within the restaurant is by far the most enjoyable aspect of the job, everyone always tries too help one another and the banter is good.
Not good company
Absolutely terrible management who did not do their job ensuring their employees are fully equipped to do their job properly. Other employees are rude and not helpful
Official response from Pizza Express
27 February 2020
Thanks for taking your time to leave a review, we are sorry to read that you were not supported during your time with us - this is certainly not our standards as we would like to ensure all our teams are well equipped to do their roles
Living in the past
Extremely money minded orientated business area managers if you are oiling the right wheels yes you have a future. Restaurant chain that dwels in the past and has a very laid back.approach to change. Inside management like Restaurant managers would get away with murder turn up unfit to work after night outs and woul expect you to be their rescue person,please avoid at all costs. manager you would e expected to fill in the gaps for potwash c
Official response from Pizza Express
27 February 2020
Thanks for taking your time to leave a review. Your comments are appreciated and have been noted