Pinsent Masons Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not the best experience
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh8 June 2018
Not that the higher management would have tolerated it had they had to work in that room, but having to listen to a lowbrow local commercial radio station all day every day was just too much. Maybe you have to be a complete numpty to withstand that stuff, or just be brain dead, but it was slow mental torture and I could not stand it after the first two days. You hear the same songs every hour! That's criminal. When I tried to take protective measures by purchasing and wearing ear defenders, that was frowned upon in case upper management saw it and thought they were headphones playing my own tunes!
Anyway, with the photocopiers and printers going all day, there was enough noise to try and block out already.
Mail room run by a lady who strategically booked holidays before anyone else got a shot, and with only one person being allowed off at a time it was a bit unfair on those of us who actually had children to spend time with in their school holidays.

On balance though, when I needed time off for family reasons I was not discouraged from doing so, so on that point the management score well.
Pros
Free fruit, breakfast cereals, coffee; proximity to park for lunchtime walk
Cons
The role, and the conditions under which that role had to be carried out.
very interesting
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen24 May 2018
gained a lot of experience in the real world applications of a law degree. Extremely enlightning and i hope this can bolster my future prospects. thanks for everything
Corporate Legal PA Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 February 2018
My time at Pinsent Masons has been positive, the people are nice and the office is lovely and modern. However, there have recently been some changes within the organisation of the company's structure regarding PAs which the company is still adjusting too, especially as following redundancies being made/voluntary redundancies taken some teams are now short staffed, whilst others seem to have to many PAs per team.
Invaluable experience
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 February 2017
I worked for Pinsent Masons as the Conference Assistant for the 2013 Restructuring & Insolvency Conference.
The experience was invaluable for me as it was the first multi-site event I had worked on. I learnt how to manage a large scale event and coordinate an on-site team. I gained knowledge in the facilitation and organisation of speakers. Arranging transportation between locations for attendees and on the day management.
My experience of working both with the Director of the conference and also the events team was overwhelmingly positive. Particularly the support received on the day from the Pinsent Masons Events Team.
I found Pinsent Masons a very welcoming place to work. Ideas and feedback are welcomed. It was very considerate of the needs of new employees like myself who were unfamiliar with the demands of that working environment.
The hardest part of the job for me was the volume of work required in the time period given. As a new employee, there on a purely contractual basis, there were a lot of policies and procedures to get to grips with at the same time as doing the actual job.
The team I worked with, from the support and patience of the post room and catering staff to the clarity and encouragement given by partners and support staff alike was tremendous. It was probably one of my biggest challenges to date but also without doubt one of the most rewarding.
great job
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 September 2016
Pm is a great place to work with friendly staff I love everyday that I work.
I look forward to coming into work every day and I will be sad when my 12 weeks end in October
Legal PA but my final position was Night PA working for various Solicitors in the Corportate Department
Full Time and Evening Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG2 November 2015
Worked at Pinsent Masons for 22 years in various departments and for various fee earners. For the last 9 years I worked in the Corporate Department as an Evening PA working a total of 21 hours over 4 evenings. My time was booked and could be working on documents, doing dictation, helping with Completion meetings etc.

This was a varied role and the evening hours suited my life at the time.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Travelling home late evening
Good Place to Work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG11 June 2015
Some tough deadlines, but on the whole a very enjoyable firm to work for. Would highly recommend. The only downside is the expectation that you work longer than you're contracted time, but there's no overt pressure to do.