Pinsent Masons

Pinsent Masons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Featured review
Pinsent Masons selected this as a representative review
Pinsent Masons is a fully inclusive and extremely diverse company to work for. If you prioritise relationships with colleagues and openness of management, Pinsents is the place for you.
Pros
People, culture, opportunities
:-) fantastic place to work really loved it - great training experience. Would recommend highly for other candidates in the legal profession. Leeds a good place to live
I have worked at Pinsent Masons for almost 5 years and loved every minute. It is a friendly and collaborative environment where staff are praised for good work. I have been promoted from my first job and found that my seniors have been very supportive and really enthusiatic for my progression.
Pros
Agile working
I've been at Pinsent Masons 9 years and there's no where else I'd rather be.

The IT team is very tight knit and its like having a second family.

Pinsent Masons has developed a culture of co operation, respect and innovation.

I'm very happy here and will stay until retirement if I can.
A great HR team to work with and be inspired by. Lots of collaboration with each of the HR SME's with HR sitting at the top table in respect of all HR and employee related matters. Very forward thinking and everyone in HR is keen to be the best and work towards employee satisfaction.
Very collaborative firm with great people in the team.

Everyone works hard but also take the time to take a rest and socialise.

The firm promotes, encourages and continuously apires to be consistent with being purpose-led.
Pros
Great staff restaurant, quality food
Cons
Unknown at present
Why I like working here:

* If you work hard you are rewarded.

* Information is shared freely in the firm, and we're encouraged to feel like we're all contributing to its success.

* HR genuinely have a seat at the table

* Every decision is well thought out and fairness is heavily emphasised. They avoid making snap decisions or throwing money at a problem

* Leadership seem to know when to take a risk and when to play it safe

* Partners speak to support staff like people and seem interested in our opinion
Pros
Collaborative culture
Cons
Relatively flat structure could be frustrating for some people
An ambitious firm that has developed signifciantly in a short period. Its network has grown very significantly in a range of jurisdictions, all in line with a cordinated, realistic strategy. The culture is very strong, with a genuine commitment to D&I acknowledged by Stonewall this year as its employer of the Year.
Pros
Collegiate and friendly culture, with a genuine ambition to grow
From day one I felt that there was a real collabarative feel working at Pinsent Masons. Working in Busines Ops, but sat amongst the lawyers and Central Management who were all fairly friendly. Unfortunately this is changing with the advent of Agile working as all of Bus Ops will be sat on the same floor together.

There is a relaxed but business like atmosphere, with fun firm get togethers such as the Spring & Summer parties and Christmas do. As well as other events throughout the year.

Within my area there is no real room for advancement due to the flat structure, unless my boss decides to leave, but as I'm not interested in management that's not an option.

Overall I'd recommend Pinsents to others looking to move on.
Pros
Fairly relaxed atmosphere; Collobarative attitude
Cons
Flat org structure limits advancement opportunities
Pinsent Masons is without doubt, one of the friendliest firms I have ever worked at. Lawyers and business support work well together and in doing so enable both business and personal success.
The culture is a collaborative one and that really shines through. This is a friendly work environment, which nurtures confidence in one's capability. A win-win for everyone involved.
Pros
Agile working, great canteen and free coffee!!
Cons
havent found one yet
My job is demanding but I have an amazing team and extremely supportive manager. I have been promoted in the last 3 years and constantly learning. The Client Service team I work within and the wider Facilties team are united and supportive with everyone working towards the same goal. The hardest part is the same as the most enjoyable and that's the people.
I didnt enjoy working here the management wasnt very helpful, they didnt support me well enough. When i ever had problems i was pushed to the side. Could be enjoyable for others.
No 2 days are ever the same here, you are encouraged to think for yourself instead of asking what to do.
The management team are refreshing and involve everyone on decision making, that concerns their relevant department.

The hardest part of the job can be sudden changes but this can also be relished as you have to think fast sometimes.

One of the most enjoyable things about working here is the people I work with. You spend a majority of your week at work, so it's great to get on with the people you work with.
Pros
Agile Working
Cons
Occasionally travel into work
very good place to work , nice staff relaxed atmosphere.
good working hours and weekends off as a chef .

good pay if you do any overtime, on an evening
Official response from Pinsent Masons
24 October 2019
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We wish you every success in your future.
Good company to work for. Great culture and personally had a great time in my team. Good prospects for moving up the ladder and knowledgable people in management positions.
Official response from Pinsent Masons
24 October 2019
Thanks so much for your review. It's great to hear that you had a good experience while working at Pinsent Masons. We wish you every success in your career going forward.
When I first joined the firm I had only worked in a firm a quater the size and not had the most welcoming experiance. After being in the firm a few weeks I could tell I would love it here and I have. People are so friendly and any questions everyone is happy to help out.
Was an enjoyable place to work with the correct people in place.
Management has changed and opted for a harsher approach to leading a team

Negative Environment to work in and not praised for the good work done.

Genuine mistakes (rarely made) by staff are amplified and shown in a bad light.

Bad departmental structure for development and no real room for progression.
Pros
Free Cinema screenings
Cons
undervalued
Its a friendly atmospheres to work in and staff members are approachable and friendly. The day to day work varies but its a good learning process as you get to learn something new everyday. I just think the progression is a bit hard within the firm.
my job was 9-5 in archiving. easiest job i ever have to do. everyone there is friendly and accommodating and most days were spent helping out post room and library as well as walking the floors to see if anyone needed help with archiving or finding deeds.

Most enjoyable part were the people. there were down to earth and chatty

hardest part was floor change as everyone did all there archiving within a couple days so where on a normal day we may get 15-20 boxes of deeds(maximum), in that week we got 200 a day. had to work overtime.
Pros
nicest people to work with
Cons
a lot of trying to be proactive and look as though busy
Expectation in place to be chained to your desk ensuring every second spent away from your desk is accounted for.
Culture based on assumption rather than facts.

Management comprise of lifers who make up human centipedes.

Naive employees are exploited due to their lack of industry experience and are given false illusions of professionalism.

Nonsensical IT training is provided by a non IT professional who has only experienced working in prehistoric IT conditions.

There is an unusual amount of self importance emanated from Management almost as if they expect to be worshiped as gods. There are snakes in the team who have been strategically placed almost as if you are working in a "Big Brother" house.

Potentially the company as a whole has a lot to offer. It would be highly recommended to shake up management and revisit what they are actually doing in their roles apart from slave driving their subordinates and behaving with double standards.
Pros
Nothing - Maybe a nice refurbed office
Cons
Everything about this place
Not that the higher management would have tolerated it had they had to work in that room, but having to listen to a lowbrow local commercial radio station all day every day was just too much. Maybe you have to be a complete numpty to withstand that stuff, or just be brain dead, but it was slow mental torture and I could not stand it after the first two days. You hear the same songs every hour! That's criminal. When I tried to take protective measures by purchasing and wearing ear defenders, that was frowned upon in case upper management saw it and thought they were headphones playing my own tunes!
Anyway, with the photocopiers and printers going all day, there was enough noise to try and block out already.

Mail room run by a lady who strategically booked holidays before anyone else got a shot, and with only one person being allowed off at a time it was a bit unfair on those of us who actually had children to spend time with in their school holidays.

On balance though, when I needed time off for family reasons I was not discouraged from doing so, so on that point the management score well.
Pros
Free fruit, breakfast cereals, coffee; proximity to park for lunchtime walk
Cons
The role, and the conditions under which that role had to be carried out.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pinsent Masons. Our community is ready to answer.