Pimlico Plumbers Employee Reviews

Biggest mistake of my life
Permanent staff (Former Employee) –  London27 April 2018
They will con you and lie to you in order to bring you in, and you will quickly realise you have made a mistake. This company has a revolving door hiring culture, so the chances are you will be out again quite soon. The pitch given to me by the gentleman who interviewed me was a total con.

They are not as busy as they make out, and take preference over engineers who are essentially sales people rather than technically good engineers.

The canteen is expensive and they dont provide a fridge or a microwave, so you are forced to either bring in cold food or spend £30 a week on their cooked food. Tea and coffee is also about a pound a cup, so you're looking at £40-50 being taken out your wages each week on drinks and lunch. I ended up making pasta every day which gets boring, but I didnt have a choice due to the costly alternative. They know what they're doing.

Management are constantly on your case which affects your confidence and effectiveness. After a couple of weeks you turn from being someone excited about going into work, into a very miserable person - even when you're performing. Speaking to people in the canteen and after work, this appears to be consisent across other departments, not just within my department. It seems like they're purposely looking for faults just for the sake of it instead of promoting positivity. Very strange business model!

My advice is to avoid at all costs. You are much better off somewhere else where you feel valued.
Driven
Estimates (Current Employee) –  Kennington, Greater London20 April 2018
It's a really good company to work for due to the really big drive to get the best possible job done, as well as the friendliness of staff and everyone here motivates each other to do a good job.
Pros
Gym and canteen on site
Great Workplace
Estimates (Current Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London20 April 2018
Working at Pimlico Plumbers is very much a team effort and is a great place to work.
There are various incentives for performing well and they offer great perks including onsite canteen and free gym.
Having worked for other plumbing and maintenance companies Pimlico Plumbers is by far the largest and best service company.
I would highly recommend working for Pimlico Plumbers taking the rapid expansion the company is undertaking the opportunities available are endless.
Pros
Canteen, free gym
Cons
No cons.
Best company I have worked for
Gas Safe Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 April 2018
Pimlico Plumbers is a great company to work for mainly because everyone is extremely friendly and helpful.
They have great recognition for hard work including employee of the month and a very good chance of progression within the company.
There's also some amazing perks including a free onsite gym use and a massage fortnightly.
Pros
Free gym, free massage fortnightly, weekly pay, good salary
The best place i have worked
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 April 2018
Without doubt the best place i have worked.
Breeds only the best employees, has definitely helped me progress on a personal and work level.

Training and motivational given every day, which makes me want to be the best i can be.

I am a pimlico rhino!
Pros
Great pay, massage, onsite gym and canteen, boat parties and Christmas parties, employee of the month
Cons
Long hours and they take what they want from your wages
Plumber (Former Employee) –  London21 June 2016
Do not leave your job for this company the first 3 mouths will be good to suck you in then you be lucky to earn the money there are to many people on the farm and not enough work to go round at which point you will be told to make jobs last as there is no more jobs I was told same times to make jobs last all day when it was really only a few hours work.you have to pay for the van, phone, card machine, parking, diesel and after you paid your tax and after you have given up about 70 hours of your life for them you mite take home about £1000 which you can get on sites now for 40 hours
Pros
You get to see London
Cons
They have no respect of those who make them rich
Awful place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  London26 August 2015
Be very careful before you apply here as an engineer. The interview process is very slick, and they will promise you the earth. The first 3-6 months working for them is fine as they feed you plenty of work.I asked them if they could keep me busy all year yes they replied!The reality is when they are not busy they keep you sat in your van on the side of the road with no work for hours on end, meaning no money! Which also brings into question the claims of the salary shown on the ad! . The office staff treat the engineers very poorly indeed, and are very rude. I have worked for very large companies and small companies,in a 29 years this is by far the worst. The public perception of the company is a far cry from the reality. They say that customer satisfaction is priority, but in fact behind the scenes its get as much money from the customer as possible. My experience is that it is it's quite a dishonest place to work. They do not want technically good engineers to work for them, they want engineers that can get the most money out of the customer. Wasn't my cup of tea I am afraid.very disappointed .
A driver at Pimlico Plumbers
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Kennington17 September 2014
I was allocated a truck which I travelled to and from work in. A fee was deducted from my salary for this. I was allocated jobs by a line manager either by phone or when I arrived at the depot. I would collect parts for a specific job and collect rubbish from various locations. Regular trips to the refuse depot were routine. The most difficult tasks were lifting heavy boilers and cast iron items and carrying down flights of stairs. I enjoyed being out on the road and all co-workers and suppliers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
A van was provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pimlico Plumbers. Our community is ready to answer.

Pimlico Plumbers Reviews by Location