Pimlico Plumbers Employee Reviews

Pimlico makes the best version of you
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
Fantastic motivation strategy throughout the company.
Line managers and team members push each other to reach their personal goals and be the best version of themselves as possible.

The chairman gives outstanding perks within the company, never seen anything like it.
Free Gym and personal trainer sessions
On site canteen
Free fruit baskets daily
Employee of the month awards
Paid PP events with food and drink included.
Pros
Free Gym, Canteen, free fruit, employee of the month, PP events and great pay
Cons
None that i can think of!
Soul destroying
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lambeth19 November 2018
Terrible place to work - too many engineers with not enough work to go around. If you give a customer a quick honest job your punished by the office and left with no work.
You have to pay for the van £600 each month which increases yearly.
All engineers are on a leaderboard with the highest earners and engineers that do the most overtime are at the top - at the top you get the better jobs / wealthy customers. Basically if you don’t do the overtime or don’t rip customers off your left with the quick jobs etc.

If you want quick money with no outside work life balance , don’t mind being spoken to like a child , don’t mind selling customers work they don’t really need just to make your weeks money up , don’t mind worrying if your going get get enough work each week then this job is for you.
If you value your outside of work life do not join this company.
Pros
Learn a lot due to variety of work.
Cons
Long hours, ego maniac management, paranoia, stress.
Its an ok job to have whilst you look elsewhere
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London29 October 2018
Pros

Free gym, christmas lights, christmas party and boat party all paid for, lovely engineers.

Cons

Bullying culture, no progression, no where to get food nearby so you end up spending £40 a week including tea/coffee, no fridge or microwave. Always been spoken to like rubbish from managers, badly fitting uniforms. The hours suck, constantly asked to do overtime and asked why when you say no. Compulsory overtime on weekends with no breaks - is this legal? no one is ever happy there. Having to treat engineers like the are 5 years old. You are not allowed to make friends with engineers or colleagues, if you do they will change your break time. People come and go, new faces everyweek. They make you feel guilty and pressure you to come in when you are ill, you could be on your death bed and they will still expect you to some in. Lots of fake positive reviews on here also!
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
School environment
Call Centre Operator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 September 2018
Treated like (2nd class citizens. Managers are told monthly to name their weakest. After that the employee are never seen. People are daily shown the door. Not a family oriented business as they like to make out. The family that run the company do not even like one another and it shows. If your faces don’t fit you won’t last a week
Cons
Great opportunities to earn a fair and good living
Heating Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2018
Pimlico offers the opportunity work as part of a good team, great earning potential and constant overtime available. Always great working to a high standard and being proud of the attention to detail they want you to work to.
Pros
Money, quality of work, great customers, staff
Cons
Hours (but you choose it!)
Only people wanting to be successful will be.
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London11 September 2018
No one becomes successful doing nothing.
On reading the reviews that have been written, 90% of them are from people that in my view felt they deserved to be recognised for doing a basic job like everyone else.
The incentives that have been provided by management are overlooked hugely.
3 major events fully paid for by the managing director.
Massages at work every other week.
Free use of our own gym.
Personal training sessions twice a week.
£200 meal paid for by the CEO- over 12 categories per month.
Opportunity to progress within the company.
Pimlico plumbers provide great opportunities and support to young workers.
Pros
Read the above
Poor morals
Plumber (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2018
The biggest regret o my working life, they take what they want out your wages. Also you have to sell yourself to the clients and persuade them in doing work they really don’t need so you can fill up your day with work.
The staff that give you work are rude and they question you all the time!
Your meant to be self employed but they only want you working for them and then only!
I’ve worked for many companies but these are the worse.
The only upside is you get to see some really nice places.
Stay away is my advise.
Pros
See some nice places
Cons
Long hours, poor morals and take what they want
Rude
Roofer and multi trade (Current Employee) –  London16 July 2018
Worst company I have ever had the misfortune to work for , the focus is purely money with no customer care their thoughts, the managers are rude to their staff and refuse to listen to any one who has a option.
Pros
If your face fits...money
Cons
Rip people off
Biggest mistake of my life
Permanent staff (Former Employee) –  London27 April 2018
They will con you and lie to you in order to bring you in, and you will quickly realise you have made a mistake. This company has a revolving door hiring culture, so the chances are you will be out again quite soon. The pitch given to me by the gentleman who interviewed me was a total con.

They are not as busy as they make out, and take preference over engineers who are essentially sales people rather than technically good engineers.

The canteen is expensive and they dont provide a fridge or a microwave, so you are forced to either bring in cold food or spend £30 a week on their cooked food. Tea and coffee is also about a pound a cup, so you're looking at £40-50 being taken out your wages each week on drinks and lunch. I ended up making pasta every day which gets boring, but I didnt have a choice due to the costly alternative. They know what they're doing.

Management are constantly on your case which affects your confidence and effectiveness. After a couple of weeks you turn from being someone excited about going into work, into a very miserable person - even when you're performing. Speaking to people in the canteen and after work, this appears to be consisent across other departments, not just within my department. It seems like they're purposely looking for faults just for the sake of it instead of promoting positivity. Very strange business model!

My advice is to avoid at all costs. You are much better off somewhere else where you feel valued.
Driven
Estimates (Current Employee) –  Kennington, Greater London20 April 2018
It's a really good company to work for due to the really big drive to get the best possible job done, as well as the friendliness of staff and everyone here motivates each other to do a good job.
Pros
Gym and canteen on site
Great Workplace
Estimates (Current Employee) –  Lambeth, Greater London20 April 2018
Working at Pimlico Plumbers is very much a team effort and is a great place to work.
There are various incentives for performing well and they offer great perks including onsite canteen and free gym.
Having worked for other plumbing and maintenance companies Pimlico Plumbers is by far the largest and best service company.
I would highly recommend working for Pimlico Plumbers taking the rapid expansion the company is undertaking the opportunities available are endless.
Pros
Canteen, free gym
Cons
No cons.
Best company I have worked for
Gas Safe Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 April 2018
Pimlico Plumbers is a great company to work for mainly because everyone is extremely friendly and helpful.
They have great recognition for hard work including employee of the month and a very good chance of progression within the company.
There's also some amazing perks including a free onsite gym use and a massage fortnightly.
Pros
Free gym, free massage fortnightly, weekly pay, good salary
The best place i have worked
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 April 2018
Without doubt the best place i have worked.
Breeds only the best employees, has definitely helped me progress on a personal and work level.

Training and motivational given every day, which makes me want to be the best i can be.

I am a pimlico rhino!
Pros
Great pay, massage, onsite gym and canteen, boat parties and Christmas parties, employee of the month
Cons
Long hours and they take what they want from your wages
Plumber (Former Employee) –  London21 June 2016
Do not leave your job for this company the first 3 mouths will be good to suck you in then you be lucky to earn the money there are to many people on the farm and not enough work to go round at which point you will be told to make jobs last as there is no more jobs I was told same times to make jobs last all day when it was really only a few hours work.you have to pay for the van, phone, card machine, parking, diesel and after you paid your tax and after you have given up about 70 hours of your life for them you mite take home about £1000 which you can get on sites now for 40 hours
Pros
You get to see London
Cons
They have no respect of those who make them rich
Awful place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee) –  London26 August 2015
Be very careful before you apply here as an engineer. The interview process is very slick, and they will promise you the earth. The first 3-6 months working for them is fine as they feed you plenty of work.I asked them if they could keep me busy all year yes they replied!The reality is when they are not busy they keep you sat in your van on the side of the road with no work for hours on end, meaning no money! Which also brings into question the claims of the salary shown on the ad! . The office staff treat the engineers very poorly indeed, and are very rude. I have worked for very large companies and small companies,in a 29 years this is by far the worst. The public perception of the company is a far cry from the reality. They say that customer satisfaction is priority, but in fact behind the scenes its get as much money from the customer as possible. My experience is that it is it's quite a dishonest place to work. They do not want technically good engineers to work for them, they want engineers that can get the most money out of the customer. Wasn't my cup of tea I am afraid.very disappointed .
A driver at Pimlico Plumbers
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Kennington17 September 2014
I was allocated a truck which I travelled to and from work in. A fee was deducted from my salary for this. I was allocated jobs by a line manager either by phone or when I arrived at the depot. I would collect parts for a specific job and collect rubbish from various locations. Regular trips to the refuse depot were routine. The most difficult tasks were lifting heavy boilers and cast iron items and carrying down flights of stairs. I enjoyed being out on the road and all co-workers and suppliers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
A van was provided