Phoenix Employee Reviews

Don’t do it unless you are happy to be bullied
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire8 April 2019
Dreadful place to work. Spent 9 years there but never known a place with so many control freaks & bullies. In my last 2 years I witnessed a huge turnover in staff, with many leaving with stress related illness having suffered bullying from a management who know no other way to manage staff. So called free parking is limited to a small number of spaces so you often find nowhere to park.
Pros
Money ok
Cons
Bullying, poor managers
Driver/Portsmouth
Driver/picker/mug (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire30 January 2019
Worked at Portsmouth as a driver for 8 years and have to be honest and say the so called management are inexperienced and no man management skills at all
Pros
Cons
Loads
People make the place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire19 April 2018
I’ve been working for Phoenix for approx 18 months in Runcorn in many different roles. The job started of so well with a decent salary, good managers and a good upbeat can do attitude. However after the depot managers changed around the place has fallen into decline with the best staff changing jobs and leaving behind them a team half the size of the numbers required which is filled with mainly agency workers. Redundancies and changes in shifts and poor management over the last 12 months has brought working for this company right down to one of the worst places I have ever worked and I am currently looking to leave and would strongly advise anyone from applying or joining. Especially in the Runcorn depot.
Pros
Good people, free parking, no uniform, no safety shoes.
Cons
Job and finish, poor management, face fit company, uncaring hr department, poor communication, lack of progression
Friendly and fun environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim7 March 2018
Replenishing stock on a regular basis, setting up aesthetically pleasing displays for different promotions, cleaning forecourt and car park, counting tills at the end of a shift. Management and Supervisors were extremely helpful and working as fun as possible.
Shambles of a place
Warehouse Operative / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire6 January 2018
Management were a disgrace never introduced themselves when I started morale was a joke team leaders were miserable rarely spoke to u and the money is brutal to say the least stay away at all costs
Pros
Cons
Management morale the place is a joke
Uptight and unhappy environment
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Romsey, Hampshire9 August 2017
Job started well until you got to know some of the staff to well, found that you had to have a tough skin to work with some of the management. Loved working there but only because I got to know the locals and were always a good laugh and made your day go a lot quicker. Pay wasn't great. Had been many times I'd been under paid or other mishaps.
Pros
Great banter in the kitchen
Cons
Management were awful
real real real bad
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Swanley, Kent7 May 2017
without doubt THE worst job ever and for only one reason poor management and supervisors/ comedians... dont do it theres better out there you have been warned.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and team effort
Engineer Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Northampton26 April 2017
this environment was a straightforward job where i had to contact engineers on the field and arrange appointments with the companies client all over the country. Their was not really anything difficult about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that engineers got to their appointments and finished the jobs allocated to them.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey15 February 2017
Your run was change on a day basis you had no set rota you always when over your hours when doing your deliverys anytime you said any thing they didnt want to know if you made a mistake it was ok for the people they liked and if they didn't like you got a written warning for a year if you made any mistakes in that year you were gone i know a company has to make profit but they didn't gave a monkeys about there staff
Cons
can be fun to work for also can be a night mare to work for to
Car Valeter (Former Employee) –  paisley Scotland11 November 2016
The company was good to work for at the start . The hard part of the job was when had to do 5 full valets a day.workers in there were good to work with the management and bosses never give us a pension
Pros
non
Cons
never got a pension some times u hand to work frew our lunch un paid do over time un payed
Abusers and discriminatory company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Runcorn1 October 2016
They forced me to work sundays (against my religion even though I told them that) and it wasn't specified in the contract and no mention about this on the interview and they did not let my wife work there based on relative policy of the company, even though they have lots of married couples in there and many relatives also.Its the worst company I worked ever in UK,stay away from this discriminators and abusers!!!
Cons
worst place to ever work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Runcorn4 September 2016
The management are terrible I have been there 15 years you get no respect what so ever.
The supervisor talk down to you and treat you like your 5 year old children its a joke .
productive and fun workplace
SIA Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough24 June 2016
As an door supervisor the first priority is make sure the venue is safety and enjoyable for all of as.
Must be formal but also honest with management.
The happy visitors living venue make me feeling happy too.
Pros
free lunch
Portsmouth warehouse
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth14 April 2016
where to start?

I've worked at Phoenix health care distribition for two and half years now and honeslty the worst time of my life (other then meeting my girlfriend there). But seriously the Management is awful days and night as I've work both shifts! When I was on nights I was getting well above I needed to get, our target is 110 per hour, I was getting 170/180 most nights. NOT once did I ever get a well done keep it up, or you're doing a really good job thankyou for your good effort! Now I'm on days I get what I need to get and go home, I've told my manager this and he told me my attitude towards work isn't acceptable, in my honest opinion it's the truth! The pay is ok, should be more earning more for more picks you get. DEAD END JOB so don't apply for it unless desperate!!
Pros
none at all
Cons
Management, supvisors, team leaders
Too many bullies and empire builders
Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Runcorn2 April 2016
I worked for Phoenix for 8 years. At first I had high hopes but over the years it became clear that very few employees were happy in their work. Some departments are ok but they are in the minority. Managers don't know the work they expect their team to do and provide little guidance, training or support to their team. Some departments grow & grow but ask for help and they dont have the time to help you. Bullying is rife but there is no one to turn to if you find yourself on the receiving end. Even when there is an obvious problem in a department with multiple complaints and high turnover they still do nothing - better get rid of a low level employee than a manager. Wish Id never gone there.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Bullying, lack of training, support
Stressful, lots of pressure and no management skills
customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn22 March 2016
I was at Phoenix customer services based in runcorn for over 2 years.
And it was the worst 2 years off my life.
There is a very big staff turnover. Constantly people are leaving. I must of witnessed around 30 people leave during my time at this company.
The supervisors/management are all from wales (wrexham) and if you werent in the 'clicky group' then you were nothing but a number.
The supervisors are always going in and out on cigerette breaks.
When we needed help there was no supervisors too be seen.
The supervisors were not real supervisors they were being trained to act like a supervisor.
And the way they spoken to me was disgusting. It was like i was a piece of dirt or rubbish.
I was one of the top inbound call centre agents. Averaging to 700-900 calls per week and i got nothing, no recognition, no thank you, nothing.
Instead i got dragged in to the office to tell me i need to do more, i felt pressurized and i started to make silly mistakes and 1 particular supervisor took me in the office and said that they may have to go down the disciplinary route. HMMM i do not think so, How about you stop going out for cigerette breaks and start being more of a team leader.
No scope, No progression, No recognition, No praise, Money is not the best for what you do.
Please think and do not join this company.

I am now free of phoenix yey!
Cons
No progression, No recognition, Poor management
Bad management, Unfairly treated & pressured & favouritism
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Runcorn21 March 2016
I started in 2014 and had high hopes with my new role as a customer service adviser. After training was completed we had to do a competency test which was awful and of putting due to the fact that the two trainers were explicit and talking about the appropriateness of explicit conversations, this was mentioned to the manager but nothing got done. During my time here a lot of people left due to the pressure and attitude of certain supervisors which they spoke in a unprofessional manner. Some days you don't know what mood the supervisors gonna have, Most of the supervisors don't do nothing other than have a lot of cigarette breaks. The management was terrible with promised changes to relieve pressure but nothing got done. The amount of hard work i put in due to the amount of call & queries i never received a praise or thank you. Instead you get moaned at for a slight error.
Due to the work load you get i kept getting errors and this wasn't just myself. I also got threatened for disciplinary from the supervisor but nothing got mentioned weeks and months after the threat.
Also there was a lot of bullies and due to a enclosed environment. There is favoritism. Certain people get giving easier jobs and different work loads, these are the ones that are pally with management and don't work as hard.
The best thing i did is left this place #stressfree
Pros
Cons
expect a lot of preasure
NuCare amazing
NuCare (Current Employee) –  Telford6 March 2016
NuCare is a really good place to work people are friendly the boss are amazing and will go out there way to help you so will the staff.
It's a very warm and inviting place to work there is plenty of room and time to progress within the company
Pros
Good team / bosses very good place to work
Cons
There is none
no team work
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blyth, ENG27 October 2015
Poor standard of training, lack of communication, long hours sitting in one place, up to 11 hours with only 30 minutes break if any, staff sickness is constant, never enough staff on duty to take all calls high stress really poor place to work. Management work 9-5pm, call takers work all different shifts.

My suggestion would be part-time staff on 4 hour shifts maximum, or 1 hour break if working 8 hours its just to long to be constantly taking calls and sitting in front of a computer. only one person left on own through night not good practice.
Cons
up to 12 hours
Funny workers
ceiling fixer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 October 2015
Receiving deliveries, organizing materials, and properly storing them. Cutting sheet materials to size and fixing to structure, and cutting angled metal strips. There is a lot of standing around when no materials have been delivered, but when materials are available the work pace is comfortable. The co-workers are good to work with, and they do have a good banter which helps. Having to clean-up other peoples mesh. The working days are short, usually seven hours tops/
Pros
Price work is usually available
Cons
Not constant work