PHOENIX FUTURES Employee Reviews

rewarding
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex21 November 2018
Loved working here would not have left if I had not relocated. was able to progress from general admin to doing Data admin. They allowed me the opportunity to pursue being a practitioner.
Pros
Great work Ethic
Great starting point
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge14 October 2018
I was a peer mentor and this meant that I supported a wide variety of men who have mental health issues and drug and alcohol problems. I was a volunteer.for two years.
Pros
Enjoyable
Worth it!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Holloway31 July 2018
I worked in their prison project and found my managers extremely supportive. I grew personally and professionally in the 18 months I was with them. Many of the skills and experiences I gained from my time with them have helped me secure future roles.
Pros
Automomy
Cons
Support varies dependent on management (I had great managers)
Brilliant opportunity to help vulnerable people
Substance Misuse Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Brixton predominantly24 July 2018
Just no prospect of career progression. I worked with a wonderful group of people, but they were all in their late 30s and very settled in their roles so there was no possibility of progression. It was like going to work with my best friends every day, but in the end I just had to accept that I could not advance because there was no where to go.
Pros
Wonderful, caring, intelligent people, same sense of humour
Cons
Lack of opportunity to afvanve
Not the best
Not disclosing (Former Employee) –  Not disclosing24 April 2018
Worked there for quite some time but it counted for nothing when I was made redundant on very flimsy grounds.

Really wouldn't recommend working there to anyone who expects job security, job progression, support or raining. Very two faced manageme t.
Pros
What they are supposed to do is brilliant.
Cons
Rubbish office accommodation and very poor, cliquey management.
Successful
Addiction Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 April 2017
successful drug & alcohol programme with a wealth of training offered as part of your job, excellent place to work and career advancement as standard.
Just a job
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 March 2017
My experience ended up being just a job - can't say it is a great organisation to work for as alluded. Some people have been there for years and are probably enjoying it but that wasn't the case for me.
Great Organisation
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow28 November 2016
Great place to volunteer. The individuals who work at Phoenix Futures are very kind and responsive. They make it easy to get involved whether it is through mentoring or attending events - you can adjust depending on your commitment level. It is a great organization and a wonderful way to help people going through a difficult time.
Pros
reimburse you for travel and coffee
Supportive, encouraging & team focused
Recovery Navigator (Current Employee) –  Barnsley8 May 2016
Although working for the company since 2010 when Phoenix won the tender for Barnsley Services, I had always worked in administration. Since taking the opportunity of a secondment in July last year I have been supported to continue my personal development by the team I work and my line manager. The team I work in at the moment work so well as a team which I feel reflects positively on our service users which is something I find valuable. The hardest part of my current role is the un-certainty of the environment and job role, although I am adaptable and used to the changes in this sector. The most enjoyable part of my current role is the work I do with the service users, both in group facilitation and 1-1 work, being part of that persons recovery and aiding them in sustaining their recovery to build a future.
Fun and fullfilling
Administrator Voluntary (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 April 2016
Busy and fulfilling interesting rewarding role made you feel you were making a difference.
Obtained qualifications in Mental Health and knowledge of drug and alcohol problems
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Pay
exellent service
Volunteer Worker (Current Employee) –  glosgow10 March 2016
phoenix futures is a great place to learn and grow. all the have staff supported me and allowed me to develop & try different thing with in the service.
Pros
exellent staff team
Cons
too many volunteers
Poor management, lack of guidance from the top down, poor team morale due to lack of information about direction of the service.
Therapeutic Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South1 March 2016
Started out as a wonderful place to work, until I quickly realised that management were employing more and more un-trained bank workers to cover important full time positions. The lack of leadership and direction from service management to company executives was astounding, leaving workers and clients in dangerous compromising positions.
Training that was promised never materialised, supervision was sparse and ill prepared.
All in all I have heard good things about this company and hope my experience was a one off. But their lack of response to requests for help and support leave me concerned and worried about their long term aspirations for clients welfare and staff members alike.
They ask for a lot of work for less and less money it seems.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Poor management, low money for the work required (no pay increase), shift patterns, communication issues, low morale
Official response from PHOENIX FUTURES
15 August 2016

We’re sorry to hear this was your experience of working with Phoenix. We are keen to look into what happened in detail, please do contact us at Human.Resources@phoenix-futures.org.uk We strive to be the best we can be and although there are limits to what we can do. We offer an annual pay increase for all permanent staff and we are committed to paying the National Living Wage. Staff should receive appropriate training and support for their role which is monitored through regular supervision. We provide training to ensure supervision is effective. We’re open in our practices and assessed as part of a number of independent accredited schemes including Investors in People and Best Companies.

Productive. To complete.
Therapeutic practitioner (Former Employee) –  Various locations including London8 January 2016
To complete
An excellent company to work for to the most part, although extremely demanding at times. little prospect for advancement.
Pros
To complete
Cons
To complete
It was a nice experience
Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge16 October 2015
Helpful and rewarding in lots of ways, learning new ways about to help other active misusers , also learning new ways to save someone`s life ,First Aid , CPR ,recovery position, debating issues with other participants in groups , having fun , all in all great time ...
Pros
Meeting like minded people
Cons
the hours were good but the traveling was long journey
Recovery Focused and forward thinking
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Trafford, ENG19 May 2015
Morning meeting/team brief, check emails, attending meetings, deliver team meetings, complete supervisions. The management team are hard working and work well together to resolve problems and develop innovative ways to continue to develop the service
Enjoyed It!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton23 June 2014
I enjoyed this postion, helping others, counselling, working in groups and supporting people.