Pho Employee Reviews

Definitely wouldn't recommend
Waitress (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2019
The salary advertised is a lie (as it assumes everyone will receive service charge). Worked there for a month but was not given an employee number so I was unable to earn that extra 12% of each order, meaning other people earned money from me.
The managers were extremely unprofessional (coming in hungover and snapping at you) as I heard them talking about firing employees for being "annoying"
YOUR JOB IS NOT SECURE!

And don't even get me started with how unpredictable the hours are. You could be booked to work from 10 until 10, but forced to take a 2+ hour break so the restaurant does not lose money, meaning you will have to wait at the restaurant as you don't have time to go home but will NOT be getting paid.

Staff meals are also a scam. You are only able to order anything off on the menu (apart from starters) for your first 2 weeks before you're literally only allowed the cheapest items with restricted ingredients. You can also only have one meal, even if your shift was not cancelled via a whatsapp text or 12+ more hours.
Pros
Some free food/ no uniform
Cons
Everything else
resume
Camarero (Former Employee) –  london28 March 2019
It was a great experience to work there I really enjoyed the team ansd the food
Love the company and it's values
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 October 2018
I joined Pho 6 months ago and I genuinely cannot rate it enough as a company. I have been given a lot of support when needed in my role but also the autonomy to grow my role and make decisions. They really embrace their employees personalities and the service is far from robotic as it is in most branded restaurants. Great family feel and strong values in place!
Pros
Free meals, Family vibe, lots of support given, Staff Parties!
Cons
honestly none!
Nice restaurant
kitchen Assitant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey27 September 2018
The Restaurant is nice looking but working in the kitchen is very hard because there is a lot of heavy lifting the kitchen is very dirty even though they have not been open very long.
Pros
staff nice
Cons
kitchen staff need more attention to the cleaning alot more.
Fantastic company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire1 June 2018
A fantastic company with a great culture. Insightful management who encourage personal development. I was hired to open the Cambridge Branch and learned a great deal about the Pho food and culture very quickly. Be open and observant, and know how to work as part of a larger team. The Vibe and company ethos are excellent.
Pros
Fantastic work outings and celebrations
Cons
Weekend Hours
Cliques, favouritism, bullying
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Surrey9 May 2018
Do not work for this company.
The teams are made up of cliques. If they don’t like you they will push you out.

No support from management.
Long hours which means no life outside of work.
Pros
1 free meal
Cons
Long hours, low wages
Great team
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London3 May 2018
A fun working environment with different positions both on the floor and in the kitchen that gives you some variety in day to day jobs. A well managed chain.
Pros
Free staff meals on work days
Productive and live environment
Bartender/Front of house waitress (Current Employee) –  Birmingham17 April 2018
A typical day at Pho is very productive and live. Employees are always trying their best in what they do and everybody is always happy and gets along. Working at Pho has taught me a lot, especially customer service skills and how to deal with certain situations, At Pho i do not think there is a hard and easy part of the job, you just do your role and most of the time i do personally feel everybody enjoys their role.
Pros
One meal a day is free, Staff are lovely to work with, Management are professional
Cons
Long hours, Restaurant closes late.
Productive and fun work place
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex26 December 2016
Good job if you have passion for fresh food and be able to lead a team turning a good atmosphere for all. Motivation and training are the words that define this place. I keep good memories of fun times and at the same time very busy!!!
Pros
good management and fun place
Cons
long hours like any busy restaurant
Bardzo przyjazna rodzinna atmosfera
Manager restauracji (Former Employee) –  London13 September 2016
Jako manager restauracji- przygotowanie restauracji do servicu, robienie plac, grafikow , urlopow ,zamowien, serwis, bhp, treningi,szkolenia
Pros
Darmowe posilki, Dobre zarobki, Swietna atmosfera
Cons
Godziny pracy - 60 godzin tygodniowo