Philips Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 2,931 reviews
Productive and exciting place of work
European Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Sussex28 March 2018
This company enables personal growth and career development. You experience a series of company training as well as international interactions branching out external relationships within the company. It is a very extraordinary company to work for and a limitless amount of experience and opportunity can be gained.
Pros
Career development
Your outcome depends on your manager
Systems Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey2 October 2018
Previous managers were outstanding and I was given many opportunities to increase my skills. Hence the long time at the organisation. An employee can only increase their skills if they have a manager willing to give them the chance.
Quality Engineer and Business Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire17 October 2017
Excellent place to learn the basics. Limited opportunity for career progression. Good culture promoting work life balance. Enjoyed my time working here.
Good Company, but Management need to listen.
Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Guildford, UK7 June 2015
The day is non stop, phones emails.
I have learnt to deal with stress and multi task. I do enjoy my work, I like to be busy.
I work well within the team, but there are occasions that I have to work alone, which I feel is satisfying.
Advancement in the company is limited, postions only come up when someone leaves th company.
The most important part of my job is customer satisfaction.
When I know that my customer are happy with the end result that gives me an uplift.
I have a good team, but I do have to keep on top of them to make sure that I have the end result - Customr Satisfaction.
Pros
Largecompany with good benefits.
Cons
Management don't listen to the people that do the day to day work
Proactive Employer and Brand
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Glemsford and Cambridge10 August 2017
A positive work environment. Progressive in their approach. Good global career opportunities. Great workplace culture. Good work life balance. Varied daily work routine. Fun place to work.
Nice and slow
Plant, Service and Vacuum Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, SCT9 April 2015
Philips is and old company and things move slow.

The management team like to talk about kiazen and continous improvement however actually enacting it is too frightening.

The factory makes low sodium light bulbs and all are very aware that it will be lucky to be there within the next 5 years.

The atmosphere and the attitude of the people on the shhop floor is top notch. (they do get a 10 miniute break every hour - strange)

Its full of kind well meaning people, I enjoyed my time there , however it is very difficult to change the culture.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Resistant to change of any sort, Slow
A nice place to work
Line supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glemsford, ENG21 November 2013
Create baby products from silicon - bottles, cleaners, teats, etc.
I learned a lot at Philips (it was called cannon rubber then) injection moulding, production target time lines, machine management, staff organisation efficiency.
A vary nice group to work with made lots of friends while at Cannons.
The hardest part of the job was it was over managed during the day - it was hard to get a product made before being change onto a different item by a different manager only to be move back onto first product by another manager!
The most enjoyable part of the job was running my own section on nights
Pros
Good salary, good training, nice enviroment
Cons
Over managed on days
progression
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Guildford3 February 2016
Philips is a fantastic company to work for with great benefits and work/life balance but progression within the company takes a long time. This could be improved signifcantly as they loose great candidates due to this.
Pros
great work/life balance, can work from home whenever, free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
lack of progression opportunities
Ever changing environment
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  London and South East.6 January 2015
Great to work with from the outset, with a great management team from the start.

The most enjoyable part of my stay was opening new accounts especially key accounts.

The most difficult parts of the job, were the later stages when the company changed direction.

The team I worked for in the most part supported itself as it should with ideas and feedback, contributing to a superb working environment.

The company’s technical training, sales training was generally the best it could have been, therefore helping me immensely.

A typical day would be dealing with 3-4 key accounts in London and the south east. Implementing budgets, targets, and various offers, selling to independent retail market within company guidelines
productive
Retail Promoter/ Instore Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  HU23 October 2017
The good things
Excellent team spirit, motivation largely inspired by desire to not let the team down. Fair employee discount and strong team values put into practice daily.
The challenges
Low pay rate and tendency to be pushed into (even lower rate) part time and full time contracts by unpredictable casual hours. "Motivation" by managers to perform well can sometimes amount to too much pressure for the level of reward.
had a good time at philips and had some fun days
Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton7 November 2012
i worked shifts at philips didnt mind doing that at all,,we learend all sorts of thing had meeting about every week about what was happening at philips,, we had a great management team always spoke to you ask if there was any problems,,i worked with a good team we all got on well had a good laugh and would help each other out if there was a problem,, cant really say there was a hard part of the job we all new what we were doing, i really liked working with a good team thats what made the job enjoyable.
Cons
used to work all hours up to 10 hours a shift at times
Daily management holding daily 15 min meeting to discuss any issues, Job flexibility.
Incidnet Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford17 June 2016
On a typical day we will have couple of major incidents which I manage throughout the life cycle of the incident involving all resolver parties and keeping all relevant parties up to date. Resolving incident, creating problem record and working with problem management to find root cause. We review and discuss previous day incidents over our daily management meeting. We share our experience and there is always something new to learn. We work as a team to resolve incidents. I provide support to our service desk and our field engineers.
Hardest part of the job is sometimes getting 3rd party resolver party to resolve lower priority incidents without breaching our SLA with customer. This is due to difference of our under pinning contract with 3rd party and SLA with customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the thrill and excitement of resolving incidents.
Pros
Job flexibility, freedom to make own decisions.
Cons
resource availbility.
Not one day is ever the same!
PA to Marketing, Sales and Operations (Current Employee) –  Guildford6 May 2013
I have never have one day that is the same at Philips which is fantastic for variety.
Had I not worked at Philips I would never have earned the event management skills for trade shows that I now have - it is very enjoyable and rewarding.
My co-workers are a great group of people and highly professional, it is a privilege to work with them.
The hardest part of my job is probably being in such high demand at the same time - but this is also the most enjoyable part of my job when I able to assistant them swiftly and send them on their way happy and with the right solution.
Philips
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey15 September 2017
Philips is a good place to work if you have kids due to the agile and flexibility to work from home.

The company is rather flat so progression is not as easy as jumps between roles are rather substantial.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Flat
A fun and exciting place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford17 March 2016
Overall working at Philips has been a good experience. The people I work with have been a joy to spend time working with.

My only negative would be that job security has been an issue as there has been uncertainty throughout the company with colleagues being made redundant and many cuts being made.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Job Security was low
productive
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  sittingbourne, kent9 November 2012
an excellent place to work, learned team work, management very helpful, co workers worked hard and achieved the goals given to them daily, at times being very busy, the most enjoyable solving problems and achieving customers specifications.
Good Place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Blackburn3 October 2017
Best company I have worked for . They are very concerned about the conditions you work in and are there for you when you need advice.I would of recommended this company to anybody but sadly it has closed down now.
not bad
Trade marketing assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey12 May 2017
Not bad although it could be much improved upon.

Pros
Flexible working

Cons
Little appreciation of new ideas
Large disconnection between management and employees
Productive and exciting place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford29 June 2016
Philips is an energising and vibrant place to work. Philips is a health and wellbeing company which encourages good work/life balance for their staff and reward creativity and innovation.
Pros
Investors in People
Cons
Smaller company
philips lighting
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, SCT15 September 2013
A typical day for me in Philips was taking my seat at my work station and getting on with that days orders/targets. i was lucky enough to have a good team of workers and we all got on really well, sometimes i had to moved to different "lines" to fill in for absences or to help other people meet their target in time. Philips learned me to be adaptable, to be able to work as part of a team and sometimes to meet targets on a job that i worked myself. I didnt find working in Philips hard, i liked my job and i liked the people i worked with. Parts of my job i enjoyed was the banter you get working in a factory and also taking pride in finishing a job that was done well, from gathering the materials to start the job to packing the final product for delivery
Pros
good holidays, interesting work
Cons
for a few years i worked dayshift/backshift and didnt like the backshift much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K