Philips

Philips Employee Reviews

For one of the biggest companies in the world, you would expect Philips to be run with enthusiasm, integrity and precision.From my experience being based at the Chichester office, none of this rings true. The environment is uninspiring, with a cliquey culture and un-dynamic colleagues. People were negative daily, with even managers unable to see positives and motivate their team.Pay was ok, nice benefit system - no good if you don't want to come to work though. Good when out and about at customers, yet management make this more stressful and confusing than it needs to be - just let people get on with it and trust you have someone capable to do the job (micro-managing R Us)
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Boring, uninspiring, office environment
Official response from Philips
8 October 2020
Hello, and thank you very much for sharing your experience with us here. We’re sad to see that your time spent with us wasn’t quite how you expected it to be, and that you feel that leadership could’ve taken it a bit easier in letting you do your job. It’s good to see however that you felt properly compensated, so thanks for sharing that too. We hope you’ll have a great time ahead of you, and would like to wish you all the best in you future career.
I worked for a agency in the warehouse for 2 and a half years .yes I wasn't employed by Philips as such but worked hard for the company with no rewards..I wanted to become permanent but every time I asked they said no..I missed out on 2 company bonuses as I was agency.They made sure you knew your place as an agency worker..when I left they didn't even thank for or ask me to stay..says it all..
Pros
Good pay on agency
Cons
No respect
Worked here for 18 months and have had 2 restructures since joining. Too many role changes on key positions means you just begin to get to know colleagues who are part of the support roles (marketing/trade shopper/ product management etc) and before you know it, they are moved on to a different role and you have to get to know their replacement all over again. Most of the time the new person coming to fill the vacant role has little or no experience. This is one of the most striking factors about the company. Most of the staff have either worked for the company for 10/15 years++ or just stay for 1 or 2 years (or less in may cases) and then move on. This means there can be a lack of visible experience across different functions and the inexperience can lead to mistakes and poor management of the business. Unclear strategies and overly-complicated processes make the job very laborious.
Pros
Pay and conditions
Cons
No career advancement opportunities / Inexperienced management/ No clear strategy or direction
Continuous improvement is key Reward and recognition Long term vision is clear Values Company remains agile and supportive of cultural changes Management team are interactive and open to change and have clear communication about their vision and stragedy
Pros
Reward and recognition
Cons
I would highly recommend Philips to anyone that's looking at developing their career in a company were their overall aim is to improve peoples lives. A great strategy that makes you proud to work for them.
Under paid managers only look after themselves long hours very low pay work life balance really bad no time for myself glad I left now enjoying life do not join
One best company iv worked with got on very well with management could talk to very easy thay always asked how was keeping and my family with my medical condition if I didnt feel well I could stay off and wouldn't take it easy not a lot of people do that
helpful team members encouraging team lead and line mangers chance of getting promoted is remote good work life balance job security is not commendable
Worked too many hours to make money a decent wage . If did not work lots of hours you got behind in your work due to bad management. Too many management with silly rules and there vetting company they use are no very good at the screening process.
Good workplace culture. It helped me develop my career and growth as a professional. Very demandig territory, but great communication within the different teams to make sure customer is happy.
Managed very well and lovely colleagues, Great business and pleasure to work for. Really helped me to learn valuable skills going forward to help my career.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Team, Company Car
Cons
Couldnt stay there longer
I had a number of positions with Philips Semiconductor, though there were a few changes of name. The training and experience I received was second to none.
Pros
Training
pleasant work place to work in. always manage to complete my tasks on the time given I have managed to learn how to work in team. The company always makes sure that we have all the material provided before anything runs out.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Early mornings
Great learning opportunity across all of the Philips companies both UK and international. Some heavy Dutch influence on regional offices and promotion opportunities limited unless you are prepared to move to the NL.
Good workplace culture, always opportunities to develop and learn other parts of the business. Usual benefits as expected from large company. Good 'customer first' ethic, let down by aging systems
Previous managers were outstanding and I was given many opportunities to increase my skills. Hence the long time at the organisation. An employee can only increase their skills if they have a manager willing to give them the chance.
very good place to work with workforce and management working together to make it a pleasant atmosphere. good salary and benefits and canteen provided with subsidize meals.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
This company enables personal growth and career development. You experience a series of company training as well as international interactions branching out external relationships within the company. It is a very extraordinary company to work for and a limitless amount of experience and opportunity can be gained.
Pros
Career development
Excellent place to learn the basics. Limited opportunity for career progression. Good culture promoting work life balance. Enjoyed my time working here.
Best company I have worked for . They are very concerned about the conditions you work in and are there for you when you need advice.I would of recommended this company to anybody but sadly it has closed down now.
Philips is a good place to work if you have kids due to the agile and flexibility to work from home. The company is rather flat so progression is not as easy as jumps between roles are rather substantial.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Flat
  1. Employee reviews