Philips Employee Reviews

Productive and exciting place of work
European Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Sussex28 March 2018
This company enables personal growth and career development. You experience a series of company training as well as international interactions branching out external relationships within the company. It is a very extraordinary company to work for and a limitless amount of experience and opportunity can be gained.
Pros
Career development
productive
Retail Promoter/ Instore Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  HU23 October 2017
The good things
Excellent team spirit, motivation largely inspired by desire to not let the team down. Fair employee discount and strong team values put into practice daily.
The challenges
Low pay rate and tendency to be pushed into (even lower rate) part time and full time contracts by unpredictable casual hours. "Motivation" by managers to perform well can sometimes amount to too much pressure for the level of reward.
Quality Engineer and Business Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire17 October 2017
Excellent place to learn the basics. Limited opportunity for career progression. Good culture promoting work life balance. Enjoyed my time working here.
Good Place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Blackburn3 October 2017
Best company I have worked for . They are very concerned about the conditions you work in and are there for you when you need advice.I would of recommended this company to anybody but sadly it has closed down now.
Philips
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey15 September 2017
Philips is a good place to work if you have kids due to the agile and flexibility to work from home.

The company is rather flat so progression is not as easy as jumps between roles are rather substantial.
Pros
Agile
Cons
Flat
Proactive Employer and Brand
Senior HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Glemsford and Cambridge10 August 2017
A positive work environment. Progressive in their approach. Good global career opportunities. Great workplace culture. Good work life balance. Varied daily work routine. Fun place to work.
Quotations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Guildford14 May 2017
Processing purchase orders for customers, managing orders from placement to delivery - ensuring timely delivery. Solving any issues with customers, proving support to key account managers.
not bad
Trade marketing assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey12 May 2017
Not bad although it could be much improved upon.

Pros
Flexible working

Cons
Little appreciation of new ideas
Large disconnection between management and employees
Great place to work at
Senior Dental Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey31 March 2017
Had fantastic 8 years at Philips, great place to work at. Agile working environment really allows one to focus on the job at hand rather than when or where or how challenges.
didn't care about agency workers
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tangmere3 November 2016
I worked in the warehouse in tangmere for a year and a half with a agency..
I enjoyed the job but the way they treated agency workers was terrible...hey didn't care that you wanted to be taken on permanent..
for me being on a temporary contract for a year and a half was a joke..
Pros
hours and pay
Cons
agency
Productive and exciting place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford29 June 2016
Philips is an energising and vibrant place to work. Philips is a health and wellbeing company which encourages good work/life balance for their staff and reward creativity and innovation.
Pros
Investors in People
Cons
Smaller company
Daily management holding daily 15 min meeting to discuss any issues, Job flexibility.
Incidnet Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford17 June 2016
On a typical day we will have couple of major incidents which I manage throughout the life cycle of the incident involving all resolver parties and keeping all relevant parties up to date. Resolving incident, creating problem record and working with problem management to find root cause. We review and discuss previous day incidents over our daily management meeting. We share our experience and there is always something new to learn. We work as a team to resolve incidents. I provide support to our service desk and our field engineers.
Hardest part of the job is sometimes getting 3rd party resolver party to resolve lower priority incidents without breaching our SLA with customer. This is due to difference of our under pinning contract with 3rd party and SLA with customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is the thrill and excitement of resolving incidents.
Pros
Job flexibility, freedom to make own decisions.
Cons
resource availbility.
ok
General Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington27 April 2016
worked on the production lines, fantastic place to work, staff were absolutely brilliant to work with. Sadly the factory closed.
good
good
A fun and exciting place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Guildford17 March 2016
Overall working at Philips has been a good experience. The people I work with have been a joy to spend time working with.

My only negative would be that job security has been an issue as there has been uncertainty throughout the company with colleagues being made redundant and many cuts being made.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Job Security was low
progression
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Guildford3 February 2016
Philips is a fantastic company to work for with great benefits and work/life balance but progression within the company takes a long time. This could be improved signifcantly as they loose great candidates due to this.
Pros
great work/life balance, can work from home whenever, free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
lack of progression opportunities
Professional & Non Pressurising
Customer Incident Escalations Manager (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 November 2015
Has been great experience working with Philips. Great mentors and good working environment. Being a global company you get the opportunity to speak with colleagues working in other countries
Professional & Non Pressurising
Salesforce Manager (Former Employee) –  Guildford3 November 2015
I have enjoyed working with Philips. They are fast paced and ready for changes. The opportunities are good with a chance to progress.
friendly work force
warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  glemsford19 October 2015
I enjoy working with my friendly hard working team. The company as a whole is professional always reaching their goals and targets and getting the best out of us.
Management don't listen, not there when you really need them
QA (Former Employee) –  Tangmere30 September 2015
no support when needed.
General manager great guy it's the management under it - not so great . If they want to get rid of you they make it obvious.
Pros
the people
Cons
No support when needed
Productive and Very Challenging
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 June 2015
Day to Day Duties

Negotiate to gain incremental sales opportunities and increased presence in store.

Utilising the Philips Hue demonstration areas as key selling areas.

Work with store colleagues to ensure a high level of knowledge.

Provide training to store members to increase market share.

Promote, present and sell Philips Hue to prospective shoppers

Capture and report all relevant data on a daily basis.

Compliance/merchandising.
Pros
Teamwork, Communication skills, Sales targets became more effective
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Philips. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K