Phase Eight Employee Reviews

Great support network
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, UK3 May 2019
A real
Sense of togetherness. I learnt so much about business with phase eight and progresses from supervisor to multi site manager. Area Managers were very supportive and followed up on your development plans. If you want to progress then it’s simple, work hard and show passion within your region. Truly was a great place to be.
Pros
Great business dress allowance, development.
Well managed company
Style Consultant (Former Employee) –  Inverness23 March 2019
Phase eight is efficiently managed and all employees have equal responsibilities. The manager motivates their employees and there are always incentives and rewards for hard work. Personal goals and achievements are acknowledged. Although customer service can be quite stressful and the type of customers may be intimidating, my training allowed me to handle every situation with ease. They were understanding about me having to handle studies and working.
Pros
Excellent management, incentives
Cons
limited uniform choices
great culture - looks after its people
Multisite Manager (Current Employee) –  South West19 February 2019
A great company with global traction. Great people and a small business culture - your opinion matters!
Amazing customers make each day a joy
fantastic leadership ensuring development
Enjoyable workplace
Style Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk31 January 2019
I enjoyed my time at phase eight, very organised, friendly staff and generally a lovely environment. I only worked 4 hour shifts at a time and my manager was nice enough to give me short lunches occasionally as the summer heat was sometimes hard to work through.
Nice dresses and fashion pieces but terrible staff
Style Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush14 January 2019
I really liked working in fashion and being a style consultant. Replenishing, steaming, store standards, deliveries, building outfits for ladies, using initiative and flair for colours, shapes and fashion pieces to co-ordinate and create different looks. I had a lot of repeat customers. The staff there were rubbish and did not care if you were serving when they chose to give catty looks or look standoffish. Management did not give 2 hoots about the way supervisors were communicating with staff. If you had a word that you felt uncomfortable coming into work they said they were not doing anything - then just carried on with attitude, awful people. It was stifling, when I left I felt that I could breath again. Manager says you can have lunch break 5 hours after starting shift! Regularly! HR totally useless and if they were there to help in difficult situations I did not know it. No support whats so ever! They told me I should be supporting the manager! Appauling management. The only good thing about this company is the different fashion drops that come in, almost daily, and choosing outfits for uniform. The pay was bad.
Pros
Nice uniform, OK discount
Cons
Bad management, HR? You have to work there to be believe it!
Fun and caring work place
Sales Consultant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bangor, County Down10 January 2019
Management within Phase Eight were always very supportive and pushed me out of my comfort zone and made me more confident in myself.
I gained a lot more knowledge and confidence with the general public.
Great Company
Style Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chichester8 January 2019
Phase Eight is a great company to work for, lots of job furthering opportunities if you want to work in different areas or be a supervisor or manager.
Cons
low pay
Brilliant place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim3 January 2019
Great chances for development and progression

Had great fun working here and learnt a lot was sad to have to leave. Would go back if the opportunity came up
Nice friendly staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  York8 December 2018
Typical place for retail really, new company so most things are pretty good. Good bonus incentives very competitive with other companies that are similar.
Pros
good uniform discount
Cons
long days 10-8
Management is good but can be unhelpful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds24 November 2018
Not challenging but good friendly staff atmosphere. No rewards for good work from higher management. Long hours and work place can be unsafe (asbestos/no air con etc)
Excellents conditions
Multi-site Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford23 November 2018
Phase Eight is an amazing place to work for.
They value their employees, recognition through prizes and monthly rewards through stores/areas and sales incentives in the big periods of sales.
Bonus at the end of the month when target achieved.
Improvement through monthly and semester trainings.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Environment, growth, opportunities, achievements
Great place with an excellent team work ethic
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 October 2018
This was my first formal job in London, I learnt a lot from my managers, the team work ethic was very important, as I worked in the busiest branch (Oxford Street) so normally the weekends were always hectic. However we always managed to be one of the best concessions with our figures being in the top 3 of our floor in House Of Fraser mall.
Lovely place to work!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York25 October 2018
Lovely atmosphere and people, great training and very understanding staff members. Unfortunately had to leave due to university commitments but would happily return in the future!
Good people but not good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire9 September 2018
The people who work there are very nice but the management isn't that great. They frequently left me to run a floor alone with no training or anyone more experiences to help me. I also had many issues with payments and was frequently under- payed so had to contact management all the time about this and they did very little in the end.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Payment issues
fun work experince
sales (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 September 2018
obviously pay wasn't included in this as it was work experience. None the less I enjoyed this job a lot as it introduced me to new work environments as I worked with many different sectors, such as design, sales and finance.
Friendly Workplace
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 August 2018
Such a lovely place to work, was made to feel welcome and trained professionally. The moral was always high and I was given a good level of responsibility.
Five out of Five
Management (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire16 July 2018
Phase Eight looks after its own and has a strong people and customer first philosophy. This is a great company to join if you wish to progress. As with most retail jobs, the pay isn't great, however the benefits are generous.
was a good work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henley on Thames16 July 2018
management was fair and other staff were welcoming pay could of been better as well as work life balance. the company benefits were good as we were able to use it to buy company clothes
Pros
company clothes
Cons
long hours and holiday not given
great company to belong to
Multi site store manager (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire26 June 2018
Customer are the most enjoyable part of the job, however with staff cut backs it is becoming increasing harder to fully appreciate the customers as i feel i have to hurry along to the next.
Staffing is very low with a lot of loan working, but the job is worth it.
You are fully trusted in your decisions and i feel the company support you the best they can.
Great job
Concessions Manager (Former Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire11 June 2018
Enjoyed this manager role loved the product customersinside house of fraser but unfortunately the consession closed so was made redundant
Enjoyed ever minute
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Phase Eight. Our community is ready to answer.