Phaidon International

Phaidon International Employee Reviews

Was an okay role - marketing didn't seem to have a place in the business, was sort of all over the place once the branding for the 5 brands had been completed.
If you want to be happy and not depressed, do work here. The hours are draining, very hard sales, if you do not perform up to standards they can fire you. Company culture wasnt great! They are very cliquey and only like you if you're hitting target. They make IT OBVIOUS if they dont like you and almost avoid your existence
Cons
Decent firm to work for, fairly typical recruitment environment. They're going for huge, aggressive growth, offering a lot of potential for advancement and for developing (and succeeding within) your own markets. Culture within the company comes down to who your manager was and who your team-mates were. I was pretty lucky, I had a good manager and a team I enjoyed the company of. In two years I was able to identify a market, grow the market, manage a team and set it up so that my old team can continue the success I started. Hopefully they do!
Pros
Good commission, fairly achievable incentives within the context of the firm
Cons
Basically no work life balance, stressful, there is a constant expectation of targets to be hit for the benefit of the firm
Working at Phaidon, you really feel like you're apart of something bigger! The direction and values really shine through. If I didn't have to move to Australia, I would 100% still be working there, perhaps if expansion continues, one day they might just open an office here!
Phaidon International is a very successful company and has grown massively over the past few years. However, it does have that corporate feel, they have a big commission threshold and their base salary is not great.
Cold call 80% of the day. Follow up 20% of the day. Great team. Poor management. However, that depends on what team your on. Good after work culture. I
Phaidon provided for me an extremely competitive and challenging environment with friendly and helpful co-workers. I joined Carlton Senior Appointments, specialised in Legal Services (Benelux focus) after receiving an award winning training session with the most inspiring trainer I have ever met. Unfortunately I was forced to take a career break due to a death in the family however during my time at Phaidon I exceeded expectations and closed a first deal in only 6 weeks. My success was not only based on my skills and hard work but also to the support and guidance of my team.
Pros
Supportive management and efficient training
Cons
I underwent 3 month ‘learn to earn’ training programme mainly by using sales and marketing techniques to attract business from clients companies but also conducted cold calling to attract candidates.