PFP Energy

PFP Energy Employee Reviews

I wasn’t supported, there is not formal management structure which has a knock on effect in its culture. The senior management team is weak. Their people management skills are none. Over promise under deliver.
Cons
Worked in call centre. Received 4 or 5 calls every day from people asking to cancel new contracts due to the way they had been treated by billing etc. Would never advise anyone to work for this company.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
very bad management system
Honestly one of the best places to have worked. I regret leaving them and feel all their staff are simply great. Being on the phones isn't for everyone but the people and incentives all made it well worthwhile.
Pros
Great atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay.
With 14 years of experience in the finance sector an customer service industry. The people were great, butId rather pick up rubbish then work here. Mentally draining an very stressful. No clear positions of responsibility anWho controls what an. How to improve the customer journey. Id say look elsewhere.
Cons
Colleagues and middle management were great. Upper management (if they knew you existed - they certainly would never know your name) shooting into space with ideas and planning, most ineffecive bunch Ive ever seen in a workplace - totally disconected to reality and the feelings of staff. Slave labour, constant monitoring of time (KPI is the biggest motivator, to be achieved at all costs, forget how or who is making their business work) Clique group of middle management - flashy, toy boys and girls who drive fancy cars to show how well they are doing and are as plastic as the upholstry in said vehicles. Rule with a rod of iron and treat workers like slaves. Learning curve is steep but achievable Never want to work in a company with that mentality again
Pros
Nothing that I can think of
Cons
Bad location, bad office enviornment
A great place to start out your careers. Tend to have daily tasks and then more engaging work to do in spare time. A fast paced environment and never bored.
I really enjoyed my time working at PFP, I made lots of friends and the days flew by. Its a busy place to work like any other call centre office so you need to work hard. There were a lot of changes going on with restructure during my time which was hard, but they were good changes once it had all settled. My manager was really supportive and fair. I went through a 2 week training period when I first joined so I wasn't thrown in at the deep end. We had prizes and rewards and games when we hit our monthly KPI's and targets. Overall you get your good days and bad days as you do everywhere.
Due to half of the business being a customer focused call centre environment this can effect staff turnover in certain role, like any other sales/customer service office. Great friendly place to work with lots of progression opportunities, supportive manager and great ideas for the future.
If you work hard and want to achieve and develop your skills, your role will grow as you do. It's really that simple. If you aren't willing to work hard or delve into new things you'll end up like the people who wrote the earlier reviews.
Ran by what can only be described by, imbeciles. Average job if you're looking to pass time, even then, make sure it's a last resort, would not recommend if you are looking to lock in a career.
Pros
The air to breathe in is clean.
Cons
The managing director and management provide false hope.
Typical work day 'repetitive', Learnt a little about the energy market and their CRM, Management are inexperienced and KPI driven. The hardest part of the job is learning the industry and the GRM system they use, takes a few weeks to get your head around it. work colleagues make this job bearable.
High turnover of staff due to poor management, no ‘senior’ employees have the experience to develop and manage staff effectively. Poor decision makers. Lack of a positive working culture - “Throw under the bus” environment. This is not a company where you will progress career wise. Avoid at all cost.
  1. Employee reviews