Pets at Home Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Very fun to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Arbroath27 October 2018
Very nice place with other staff memebers who have the same outlook as any one else it's all about the pets and their well being. Fun to work as there is always something different to do each day
Productive Workplace
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear20 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Pets at Home during my work experience. The staff made me feel extremely comfortable and assisted me with developing new skills which I will carry into my future.
I worked there for work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester31 August 2018
Nice staff, they help you with a lot and you can progress with them ever so well. We all love to talk to about animals and can take a joke.
We had no problems and they like giving out tasks you may enjoy as an employer and they listen to you aswell
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Hard to get into
Friendly employees and easy to approach management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth20 August 2018
I would definitely recommend working here. It is a very tidy environment, everything is organised well and the tasks that need to be done are very enjoyable.
Fun to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire25 July 2018
I was only there a week because it was for Work experience, but it was really fun to work there. The other employees were so nice, and the manager was great. It was fun to be with the animals and I learnt a lot about how to deal with them.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2018
The staff were very friendly and were always at hand to help if ever I needed it.

The best part of the job is spending time caring for the animals (i.e. cleaning them out, feeding them, etc.)
It was a friendly environment but not busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park Station26 June 2018
Wasnt much to do during the work day, but it was a good workplace to be, with friendly coworkers. Cleaning out animals is a big part of the job, however it is a nice atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not busy
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire7 March 2018
fun to work
good workers
manager is kind
good place
customers love looking at the animals
the hardest part of the job is cleaning the animals out
Pros
feeding animals
Cons
Good emphasis on animal welfare
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 March 2018
Good place to work, stable job security. Put animal welfare first which is a must. A typical working day can include cleaning animals, helping customers and cleaning and tidying
All staff were extremely helpful and polite!
Sales Assistant/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire11 February 2018
Since this was only work experience and lasted a total of a week. I really enjoyed it, I was excited to go into work everyday, since everyone was nice! I would recommend working with a place like Pets At Home - especially if you have a passion for animals like I do. I was involved with a lot of jobs which went I was on my feet all day, giving a helping hand around the store. I mostly helped prepare to made the animals food and water bottles, I cleaned the pens/cages externally and internally. I dealt with customers and any problems that came across. Overall I wouldn’t mind working there.
Pros
Polite staff
Valuable Exerience
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire9 February 2018
This temporary job placement allowed me to gain some skills needed for the workplace. The staff were kind and outgoing and gave it there all to make me feel comfortable. They seemed extremely organised and prepared for me upon arrival.
Amazing team, a lot of responsibility.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancashire25 January 2018
The colleagues who work at pets at home are usually amazing to work with, but it is a normal retail environment at the end of the day with alot more responsibility than a normal retail job.
Fun and good for animal lovers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London18 January 2018
When you arrive you would usually make sure that the animals are well and start replenishing stock for the day ahead for the first hour or two. The rest of the day are spent making sure customers are happy and helped and that the store is clean.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom16 January 2018
I regret leaving sometimes as I could have progressed further if I had stayed, the training is extensive and thorough and there are always courses to attend should you want to go further in the business. The perks are great too (apart from weekend working but thats retail for you).
Pros
Lots of training free to you
Cons
Retail hours, bank holidays etc.
Colleagues make the job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall16 January 2018
Working for this company for 4 years moving up within the store is really hard. The stress of the company is a joke and no help or support. Colleagues are undervalued with unrealistic expectations. Pay is awful!
Pros
Some colleagues are great to work with.
Cons
Everything about the job
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Suffolk12 November 2017
Pets at home is a good place to work, lots to learn and very enjoyable. Lots of courses of offer to pass skills and gain knowledge on different animals, I made lots of friends in the two years I worked here and miss It greatly.
Pay and conditions slowly being eroded by market forces
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall23 October 2017
Over the 4 years I worked for PAH the change has been meteoric.
Very professional from top to bottom and they do appreciate their staff.
Its very much harder than you could appreciate, both physically and mentally. Faster paced than you would observe from the outside.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset17 September 2017
great chance of progression, each day is different and they make your working hours fun and enjoyable. Friendly people to work with, management are understanding and listen to your issues.
Pros
Progression and Wage
Cons
can be tricky with some customers
Expect too much for too little pay
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire11 September 2017
I have worked for pets at home for roughly 5 years and had times when i loved working and times when i didnt. The teams themselves are great, very welcoming and friendly, and management tend to generally be nice too. However, to area managers and head office you are a number only and they make things hard for management, restricting contracts ect. Full time contracts are extremely hard to get, they prefer to give everyone 16hr contracts, they continually change opening times, they are on the whole very amateur as a company. there is no work life balance. They claim to put pets before profit, but at the end of the day put profit before pets.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
the company
Fun workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire6 September 2017
Such a fun workplace if you like animals, staff are friendly and really helpful, I don't have a bad word to say about this place as I enjoyed every moment working here even though it was just work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pets at Home. Our community is ready to answer.

Pets at Home Reviews by Location