Pets at Home Employee Reviews in Northampton

See reviews about:
Not a decent job if you have a family
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton19 August 2017
Hours are poor and managers are even worse. If you have a family id advise agaisnt working for pets at home warehouse. They will have you routaining shifts I.E one week earliers the next lates and can make u stay for a extra 2 hours after your shift should of ended.
Pros
Cons
Long poor hours and shifts
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant /C-SQP (Former Employee) –  Northampton13 July 2017
typical jobs list
working stock from warehouse to shelves
serving customers on the till
selling pets/ fish
cleaning pets/ fish
tidying shop in the evening ready for following day

I learnt all about pet welfare and customer service and how the company works. Workbooks are given to new colleagues to complete pay rise given once second lot of workbooks are completed

Management are wonderful but there are some that can be quite strict, 'it's work not a hobby'

colleagues get on well with each other, can sometimes be a bit of trouble but it generally gets sorted out quite quickly - 'We're All Ears' rep to speak to in confidence.

Hardest part of the job- when pets get sick or customers come in with poorly pets to take to the vet. When you get attached to pets in store and then they are rehomed - its bittersweet.

Love spending time with the animals and talking to customers about their pets. Pet Club is a great way to educate younger pet owners. VIP Club has raised over 6 million pounds for charity (13/7/17) since launching loyalty card
Pros
working with colleagues who have 'Pet Passion'
Cons
shift patterns can be exhausting
Fun workplace
LLOP driver voice picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire28 April 2017
Very poor management at low level management !!!
You have a lot of freedom. You decide by your self about our time, but you need to keep the pick rate target!
Could be better
FLT Counterbalance Driver (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire2 January 2017
It's good enough if you don't want anything else, just to work whole your life in a warehouse... many things there are annoying and frustrating sometimes, but I guess many people can get along with that. I personally prefer to move forward...
Learnt new skills
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton1 July 2016
I learnt a lot within this role and developed my team working skills. it was very interesting and helped me develop my skills.
you learn something new everyday
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, ENG24 January 2016
working for pets at home can be very challenging sometimes.
reaching targets , caring for the animals and making sure our customers are very happy with the service.
on a week day it can be very quiet , but on weekend it is a different story. we seem to sell more pets at the weekend than we do during the week.

there is definitely something new to learn every single day working at pets at home, whether it be animal related or basic store work.

I do enjoy the environment as we work as a team.
Pozytywna
pakowacz (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG8 July 2015
Dni w tej pracy upływały szybko. Na początku zajmowałem się pakowaniem. Z czasem awansowałem na stanowisko zajmujące się wysyłką.
Pros
Praca zawsze była
Cons
Praca daleko od Ojczyzny
Fun place to work with good values
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  northampton18 June 2013
lot of fun working here with a good team. completed an NVQ in retail here. good experiance.
running the warehouse
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Northampton13 March 2013
Planning the manning against work plan for the day to day running of the warehouse. I am responsible for return to work interviews, holiday requests , sickness and ordering extra agency staff. I am resposible for the picking, despatch and goods-in departments as well as the safe working enviroment of all processes and MHE equiptment used to carry out jobs. Deal with transport department on a daily basis for trailers, for stores deliveries.Continious improvement meetings , health and safety meetings and colleague indiviual palns reviewed against targets. Measuring of each departments KPI's and promote the company values.
Pros
regular charity fund-raising for local charities.
Cons
not enough clear opportunities for personal development and promotion.