Pets at Home Employee Reviews in Milton Keynes

it was not fun
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes24 August 2017
This was a work experience placement, staff were horrible and rude. one staff walked out to the shop floor with a dead animal that had died out back did not enjoy this
Great First Job
STORE COLLEAGUE (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 July 2017
Great first job to have with constant work to be done so that you are never sat twiddling your thumbs. Be preopared for a wide variety of customers and no day is the same.
was dream job but corrupt managment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes30 June 2016
Management ruined it all. they bully you and push you away if they dislike you. they gang up on you.

saw many good workers leave due to management letting people get away with things.

the term pets before profits doesn't happen.

I ended up handing my notice in as I became a target as I began to mention they wernt looking after the animals properly to which I got blamed for.

they'd have there little private meetings to make nasty comments etc about workers etc which ive witnessed.

higher mangment no exactly what goes on but as they're all friends if they want you gone. its best of handing notice in. before they find something to use to fire you for
Pros
Cons
being bullied
Standard Day At Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 February 2016
Stocking shelves, cleaning, feeding and giving water to the animals. learned animal husbandry,management was okay, so were the co-workers, hard when I did something wrong, but I enjoyed it.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rooksley,Milton Keynes12 May 2013
Learnt most things about retail but i was not old enough to learn on how to work the tills, it as fun and very productive, always had you on your feet.All employees where friendly and very helpful,they always made you feel welcomed, I did find the easy but some days where harder then other, and you had to make sure you did everything to the best ability for example i had to the fish tanks twice on my first day because it wasnt to thier standards but it did help me learn alot.
great place to work
twilight staff member (Current Employee) –  milton keynes29 June 2012
great people, fun atmosphere, great benefits, management and staff are helpful, tasks are given to suit all abilities, i enjoy most aspects of the job especially the staff members whom i work with.
Pros
benifits