Perthyn

Perthyn Employee Reviews

Featured review
Perthyn selected this as a representative review
I have worked for Perthyn for 5 years in the capacity of support worker, I love my job and the individuals I work with. Managers are very supportive and the care given is second to none, I hope to have many more lovely years working for Perthyn.
Pros
Great culture & supportive
14 August 2019
Thank you for your positive review of working for Perthyn, it is greatly appreciated
This is a real review, as I’m sure even a monkey could recognise that all the 5* reviews are fake, as they all contain the same key words “training excellent, managers supportive” Yes training is excellent.The majority of the Managers are not supportive. I think there’s about 3 I could name That are, the rest are purely there to cover shifts and are not interested in who covers them.Higher management are even worse, particularly one individual, and will twist things and even lie to get Them self out of trouble & blame others. Support workers are treated like scum by higher management. Shame because the clients are lovely.
Pros
Clients
Cons
It took a while for me to eventually start, when I did there was very poor management (who lacked interaction/social skills) and lack of support. They are also very two faced. They dont have a clue about the needs of the individuals that they support and dont appreciate the staff that work long hours. The management are all in a click with each other (and dont like newbies) and certain support staff and they thrive on gossip and rumours. The managers are usually promoted within and are usually part of the click. Very disappointed.
Pros
The people I supported
Cons
Everything else about the Job.
10 September 2020
Incredible experience and wonderful individuals. Learned a lot during my time, enjoyed watching colleagues do nothing. Pretty pathetic the further up you go and more you want to help. Just remember your 'JUST' a support worker and no one really cares unless you make yourself known and try to help, inturn leaving you open to scrutiny. Work hard, get no reward only micromanaged.
Pros
Some great colleagues, wonderful clients.
Cons
PAY. Micromanaged. Sexist. Mentality
1 September 2020
As an organisation we take any form of discrimination very seriously. Any form of discrimination will always be investigated and managed appropriately through our Disciplinary Procedure, Grievance Procedure and/or Anti-harassment and Bullying Policy. We would welcome direct contact with the organisation to discuss this further, our HR and senior management team are always available to support and assist.If you did observe colleagues not carrying out any aspects of their role this should have been reported to your manager. We really value all of our employees and praise them for the excellent support they provide on a daily basis. Our managers are recruited and supported to achieve the best possible outcomes for the people we support and our employees. Managers are required to meet set standards of qualifications and performance and are regularly assessed to ensure they are providing the best support and guidance possible. We ensure managers have the correct level of qualifications and are always adhering to best practice. If these standards are not met, we recommend our employees have open and honest discussions with their manager and/or HR if more appropriate.
They need to listen and their staff I experienced a lot of pain with have let go off i learned from the experience good and bad to allow to a better and wiser person
Pros
Good time and reflexed
Cons
People to get the top and some times lazy
1 September 2020
Thank you for your 3 star review of working at Perthyn. Managers and HR are always available to support you, signposting if necessary, if you are having a difficult time personally or in work.
i did a placement there but everyone was very welcoming . i was well checked up on and was kept busy most of the time. i was given a good amount of breaks.
1 September 2020
Thank you for your positive review during your work experience. All the best for the future.
I recommend this company, I think the company is good but some managers are not cooperative. Colleagues are good and will help you whenever you need and the factthat you are paid becouse you sleep is a good thing.
1 September 2020
Thank you for your review of working at Perthyn. We ensure managers have the correct level of qualifications and are always adhering to best practice. If these standards are not met, we recommend our employees have open and honest discussions with their manager and/or HR if more appropriate.
I have not worked for this company for long. I HAD to ring in sick and the on call manage berated me for ringing too late, then told everyone I'd been rude to her. I was not impressed. My manager
Pros
Its not a hard job
Cons
No team work, massive divide in staff team.
1 September 2020
We have robust absence reporting procedures to ensure we appropriately care for the people we support and our employees. We appreciate that there are occasions when disagreements occur; managers are always available to support colleagues find amicable resolutions. We also have regional and central HR teams who can provide advice and guidance, as well as robust a Grievance Procedure and Anti-harassment and Bullying Policy to support employees to be treated equally and fairly.
Management is awful & basically non existent. You will have 0 support front them. Horrible shift patterns and no notice for Rotas. Wish I had read reviews before accepting this job. Disgusting company so glad I’m out of there!
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Horrible staff/management
1 September 2020
Whilst there are a mixture of reviews on Indeed we have over 800 employees (and many more who have worked for us in the past) who enjoy their job role.At Perthyn we encourage collaboration, teamwork and professional discussions on a regular basis. We appreciate that there are occasions when disagreements occur; managers are always available to support colleagues find amicable resolutions. We also have regional and central HR teams who can provide advice and guidance, as well as robust a Grievance Procedure and Anti-harassment and Bullying Policy to support employees to be treated equally and fairly. Where rota disagreements arise, we would always advise employees to discuss these issues with their manager to find suitable resolutions.Our managers are recruited and supported to achieve the best possible outcomes for the people we support and our employees. Managers are required to meet set standards of qualifications and performance and are regularly assessed to ensure they are providing the best support and guidance possible. We ensure managers have the correct level of qualifications and are always adhering to best practice. If these standards are not met, we recommend our employees have open and honest discussions with their manager and/or HR if more appropriate.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Perthyn?
I enjoyed my stay at Perthyn and got support to do my job as at when required. It’s good experience supporting the service users and also enjoyed staff team support. Management organise regular training for staff team to update their knowledge. In addition, new staff must complete some shadow shift so as to get to know the service users, complete necessary induction training especially medication, behaviour management etc
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Thank you for your 5 star review of your experience of working at Perthyn
Perthyn is a fantastic organisation to work for. Since working for Perthyn I have found all their departments and teams including, Support workers, Managers, HR, Health & Safety, Finance and Training to be supportive and helpful. The teams at Perthyn have good values and a clear focus for the individuals they support.
Pros
Good Values, focus on delivering good support, lovely teams, good sick pay
Cons
Salary could be more competitive
1 September 2020
Thank you for your 5 star review of working at Perthyn. Salaries are reviewed on an annual basis and employees are provided with a salary increase when it is possible (funding dependant).
I have worked for Perthyn for almost 16 years, that in itself speaks volumes. Perthyn offer good opportunities to progress within the organisation and provide an excellent training package to all employees. The role can be fast paced and challenging, however equally very rewarding, knowing that your role provides a positive change to the people you support and the staff who provide that support. As a manager I value the team I support and the great job that they do, for the people we support. All departments within the organisation are supportive and friendly and aim for the best outcome for people supported and support staff.
Pros
Training
1 September 2020
Thank you for your excellent review of working at Perthyn, it is greatly appreciated.
I have worked for Perthyn for 13 years and started as a support worker and have been supported by the company to progress and develop to a manager. Perthyn offer a wide range of training opportunities and helped me achieve my level 5 QCF qualification. Perthyn has the people we support at the fore front of everything we do and strive to have a person centred approach. We work daily to find new ways for the people we support to have choice and control and be as independent as possible and work well as a team to achieve this. seeing the people we support achieve their goals and wishes is job satisfaction. As a mum, having a good work and home balance is important for me and I have this working with Perthyn. My Manager acknowledges this and ensures I achieve a good balance. My Manager is very supported and offers advice and guidance when I need it and coaches me to develop as a manger.
1 September 2020
Thank you for your positive review of working at Perthyn, it is greatly appreciated
I was pleased to return to Perthyn having left some 14 years ago after a local tendering process. I can say that their values haven’t changed and still strive for person centred approach, independence and inclusion. I would recommend Perthyn to anybody. The management are welcoming and approachable with an open door approach.
Pros
Fantastic learning and training. Encouragement to further your carear
Cons
More team recognition of supported living achievements
1 September 2020
Thank you for your 5 star review of working at Perthyn. We always value the excellent work of our employees, collectively and on an individual basis.
I started off at Perthyn in 2014 as a support worker and loved my job, enjoyed seeing the people we support develop and become more independent. I did leave Perthyn to join the NHS but quickly realised the grass is not always greener. It made me realise the the ethos of Perthyn suited me as they work in a person centred way. The company does all it can to support not only the people we support but also the staff. Not one day goes by where I'm glad to be working for this company. The feedback we have from family members and local authorities are all positive. We continually look for ways to develop the independence, and choice and control of the people we support and all the managers have worked so hard to develop from support worker to managers.
Pros
Amazing support and encouragement
1 September 2020
Thank you for your positive review, it is great to hear you returned back to Perthyn after leaving
One of the better organisations I have worked for. You can see the organisation and the management care about the people that they support and the staff that they manage to provide that support. Great culture. As an employee I feel very supported, regular feedback and reviews.
Pros
Great culture, good support for employees.
Cons
Kitchen is upstairs and my office is downstairs
1 September 2020
Thank you for your positive review of working at Perthyn, it is good to read that you feel supported
I've worked for the company for 17 years and find it very enjoyable. The company have been very supportive when I've needed it. Management listen to the people supported, and the staff that provide the support. As staff, you're expected to be flexible in order to support people with their daily lives effectively. Annual leave is booked 12 months in advance to make sure leave is booked fairly between all staff, but it's important to know that this can be changed if needed!
Pros
Good company to work for. Rotas are done based on the needs of the people supported. Person centred.
Thank you for your positive, 5 star review of working at Perthyn
I have been working for Perthyn for over 2 years now and it is by far the best company that I have ever worked for. The management team are very approachable and the support the organisation gives is 100% when required. It is fair to say that the organisation truly works together to maintain the health, safety, welfare and wellbeing of both staff and to the people supported:) The people supported are cared for so well and they have fantastic relationships with all key staff. Perthyn invests in you and your career and the training is second to none 5*. It is a rewarding job and I look forward to many years to come. Thank you
Pros
The company as a whole:)
1 September 2020
Thank you for your positive review of working at Perthyn and for recognising the excellent training we provide
hard with family commitments as hours are a bit all over the place. lovely staff. the service users were brilliant to work with and good management support
Pros
great team and service users
Cons
difficult hours
1 September 2020
Thank you for your 3 star review of working at Perthyn and your feedback. We encourage our employees to speak to their manager if they are finding their shift patterns difficult, the flexibility of working a variety of shifts can work well if managed correctly
All I can say about Perthyn is NOT to work for them! Very poor management and lack of support. They dont have a clue and dont appreciate staff working long hours. The management are all in a click with each other and thrive on gossip and rumours. Any issues or concerns raised by staff get thrown back by management. Very disappointed.
1 September 2020
Our managers are recruited and supported to achieve the best possible outcomes for the people we support and our employees. Managers are required to meet set standards of qualifications and performance and are regularly assessed to ensure they are providing the best support and guidance possible. We ensure managers have the correct level of qualifications and are always adhering to best practice. If these standards are not met, we recommend our employees have open and honest discussions with their manager and/or HR if more appropriate. Regarding a lack of support, employees are provided with an induction plan, training, regular supervisions and departmental support from their first day in employment. At any time, employees can go to their manager, colleagues, HR, Employee Assistance Programme, or union representatives for support on a range of situations and circumstances.
I'd never worked in care before, and I have asperger's syndrome, this was made clear as soon as I was offered the job of Support Worker. I was lead to believe that there was no rush for me to learn everything and develop the right mindset immediately and that they were there to train me and help me wherever needed. Then, not even two months later, they turned around and fired me, blowing all my little mistakes out of proportion. Granted I did make some mistakes as, like I said, I'd never done this sort of thing before, and as per my ASD it can take a while for me to learn some things. However, I understood perfectly the need to make sure my people were safe and well, and I never did anything that would have put them at serious risk. but all the itty-bitty mistakes I made along the way were made out to be cardinal sins instead of creases that could have been ironed out over time. I will say that the other team members I worked with were brilliant people, and they really did help me learn the things I needed to. My gripe is with the ignorant and backstabbing management who played me for a fool. It's because of them that my partner and I have to move back into her mum's house as we can no longer afford to live where we are at the time I write this.
1 September 2020
It is disappointing you have had a negative experience working at Perthyn. We have a probationary period in place to ensure all employees meet the high standards required to be able to provide effective support. We always make reasonable adjustments when necessary and if people require more time we have the ability to extend probationary periods for an extra 6 months. Our managers are recruited and supported to achieve the best possible outcomes for the people we support and our employees. Managers are required to meet set standards of qualifications and performance and are regularly assessed to ensure they are providing the best support and guidance possible. We ensure managers have the correct level of qualifications and are always adhering to best practice. If these standards are not met, we recommend our employees have open and honest discussions with their manager and/or HR if more appropriate.