Pertemps Employee Reviews

Agency in Plymouth uk
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon1 January 2018
I have used this agency on and off for years to look for work. They do have great jobs on offer both temp and perm, they are also organised however the let down is the staff that work there. One in particular the branch manager was rude to me on every occasion I went there. The other staff were ok but seemed to follow her behaviour. I vowed never to use Pertemps again due to the branch manager's awful attitude. Shame really but be warned she can be nasty.
Pros
Good jobs available and pay
Cons
the branch manager
Professional and friendly.
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Northampton4 December 2017
Worked with Pertemps for Royal mail. Job included sorting mail. Enjoyed working with in tight deadlines and targets. Managers were very supportive and friendly.
Too many problems they are making.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 November 2017
Receptionist is the main boss there. Lying every time u phone them no matter what u ask them, firstly offered my one wage but when i saw my payslip it was much lower so phoned them they just sad i changed my mind about it, holiday pay was like 1 day for 1 month no overtime rate, they expect you to work through bank holidays for flat rate. Get cuts on my wages few times tooth going to my tax agent and taking them court, but just left them.
Pros
Very street smart people working there.
Cons
Partems is NO NO NO !!!
Trying to take mickey
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rugby18 November 2017
Offered to do induction if hours 8 till 4,was told would be paid 2 hrs induction meaning 6 hrs so called work training would not be paid even though wanted me to work full 8 hrs
Pros
None not as yet
Cons
Unpaid shift
busy
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Faversham15 November 2017
pertemps was a very busy and consistant warehouse but the health and safety was always really good and the training was also really good but the 0 hour contract wasnt enough
Pros
hours
Cons
short hours
derby
worker (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 October 2017
with this company i was worked all right,without any problems,good staff, !Since starting with Hays I have really enjoyed the competitive environment and team spirit within my team and the wider officer. The training provided is industry leading and I have learnt so much from qualified internal trainers and also colleagues. The benefits and rewards make you determined to do well and build your own business.
Pertemps
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire12 October 2017
A strong team that would apply itself vigorously to any necessary task as and when required. The office kept buoyantly competitive approach to targets and ensuring the day ended on a high note.
Pros
Weekend Overtime
fun
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 September 2017
very good at paying their employees on time
very friendly
welcoming
supportive
all the employees are fun to work with
the consultants are very good at finding you the ideal role you are looking for
Always able to help
Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London25 September 2017
Since working for Pertemps, I have usually found the management and staff helpful when solving difficulties at my workplace. However, there have been occasions when their communication skills were lacking.
warehouse job- fired when pregnant
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 September 2017
Pertemps didn't realize I was pregnant when started job. I wrote down in application form but looks like nobody reads it. After few months I was 6 mths pregnant with not really visible belly and went for scan so I need day off . When they understood situation -it was Thursday, on Fr company I workde for ask me to do some overtime. On MOn Pertemps phone there is no more job for me.

I went to the office with complain in 1 day they found me office job. If I wouldnt fight I would be without job. Not really fair play
Friendly and helpful environment
Self Employed Driver (Current Employee) –  Sandwell, West Midlands7 September 2017
Pertemps team are helpful and friendly, they go out there way and beyond to support their clients. To make sure that their job is done safely and within the law.

Typical day is to start early and finish early with a lot of opportunities for over time. The hardest part of the is dealing with the motorway traffic. As the traffic builds up the more time you are on the road. This has its benefits as over time pay will kick in, which will increase wages at the end of the week.

Through Pertemps I have learned a lot in regards to transportation. For example: weight loads, route planning, time schedules, correct documentation, height restrictions and etc.

The best part about the being part of the Pertemps team is knowing that they are their for support you every step of the way.
Fun Workplace
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton3 September 2016
Fun place to work, however poor salary. Management is good.Systems are out dated. And they are not open to other peoples input. However they do encourage building rapour with candidates and clients
Good company to work for
First Info Specialist Sales (FISS) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth2 September 2016
I would recommend pertemps good company to work for, I was able to be taken on by the company as a permanent contract and have enjoyed my time with the company, and would use their services again.
Let down
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough28 August 2016
They text you an hour before your shift to cancel you which is no good when your on nights as youve lost the whole day . I could no longer do 12hr shifts due to health reasons so they said we talk about 8 hr shifts maybe on different contract but it never materialised so had no choice but to leave . Asked about going onto the virgin contract but they only seem to take on polish people for that . I was there 8 months with good pick rate but now feel really let down by them .
Pros
Always paid on time
Cons
Never listen to you
typical work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Slough8 August 2016
The works is very physical, learned where the parcels go, you have to work in a team, preparing the vans for delivery for the morning drivers.
A good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth3 August 2016
Worked in shifts from 07:00 - 14:30 and 14:30 - 22:00 excellent c0-workers and fun place to be. Pertemps were on site 2 or 3 days a week to give support and assistance and were always available for your questions or queries. Gained extra valuable experience in listening to disabled and elderly persons needs.
Pros
Excellent workplace
Cons
Late nights
Bloody awfull agencie
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire21 July 2016
This agencie is a complete joke. Signed a guaranteed hours contract and have only done 18 days spead out in 2 and a half months. Spoke to the pertemps contractor and he said to me and everyone else that if there short of work in the current role they will get you in else where so your still working. That they havent done. Your meant to get a bonus for going in 5days a week. That i never got. They deduct hours pay here and there for no reason. Get thobbed off when you qestion things. Im the only source of income and have 3 mouths to feed and bills to pay. Cant do much with no wages. Stay clear of this agencie.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No work
I am enjoying my role. I'm always busy and my line manager is very helpful and supportive
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Southampton19 July 2016
Busy from the time I arrive. I carry out data entry on to a computer system. This has to be done daily and accurately. The work environment is very different to my previous places of work, but my co-workers are friendly and helpful. I am enjoying the change of work.

The hardest part is concentrating when the noise levels around me go up, but I'm quite good at blocking out conversations!
Pros
Hours to suit my home life
dificult
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Thrapston4 July 2016
Sometimes there is not enough work for all the people agency calls in, so managers send some of us home...
Most of the sunday night shifts we are working only until 02:00 instead of 06:00...
Some days we finish earlier, 04:00, 04:30, 05:00...
Pros
not much to say...
Cons
not enough work/too many people...
good pay and conditions
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrington6 June 2016
Pertemps have some great skilled jobs and a decent rate of pay. Helpful and professional always , unlike most employers Pertemps made me feel like they cared for their employees. highly recommended
Pros
professional agency, the best by far i have ever used. well paid
Cons
nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pertemps. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7