Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews

An acquired place to work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon13 November 2018
If you like a methodical approach to working practices then Persimmon won't be for you. It's a reactive and at times extremely frustrating place to be. You never have time to properly review your completed work and often put under unnecessary pressure when procedures are not followed. That said I found away of overcoming this adversity by managing the workload accordingly. However the stress involved does take it's toll and like most people who work the S/W office, you become disenchanted with the lack of support and approaches to working practices.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Management are poor, steered by an archaic MD
good company to work for
Telehandler Operator (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk1 November 2018
a day at telehandlers work very busy start getting trades started then tidying site loading /unloading deliveries getting mortar organising deliveries
Pros
free parking
Nice
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear23 October 2018
Ok but could be lonely during the week when customer flow was poor. A lot of paper chasing and phone calls to estate agents and solicitors. Chasing local estate agency for local property sales on a monthly basis
Pros
Two days off together
Cons
Every weekend bank holiday even easter
Toxic unhappy environment
Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  Miidenhead15 October 2018
A horrible place to work, where everyone is unhappy and constantly on the move; the offices have revolving doors, with a blame culture that nurtures resentment.

The senior management operate the business as if it's theirs, not a PLC and managers and Directors are stifled and frightened to voice opinions.

The customer journey is horrendous and there are so many complaints from customers, many of whom never seem to get anywhere, despite having lived in their new home for long periods.

Not a nice place to work.
Cons
Toxic environment
Depends what department you work in
Purchase Ledger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 September 2018
Loved it at first but then the job that was advertised wasn’t the job they wanted me to do for the salary paid it wasn’t worth it. Was advertised as purchase ledger at 250 invoices a week absolute rubbish they want you to do that a day and other jobs on top. Expenses, on the books, credit control they say you’re only touching on these jobs but if you don’t do them the manager falls out with you and puts far too much pressure on you to force you to leave.
Pros
Colleagues are nice and try and help you. Hours. Location.
Cons
Manager. Salary for the workload. No support .
Good company
Architectural Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 September 2018
Huge company with mixture of personalities- some good, some bad- The manager was a great guy and was a great tutor. I had to leave because Persimmon don't pay their staff that well.
busy and eventful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Golborne7 September 2018
A typical day was answering calls greeting customers and typing up documents, there is never a boring moment. It's fast paced and always something to do
Productive and enjoyable company to work for
Trainee Civil Design Engineer & Technician (Former Employee) –  North East24 August 2018
A privilege to work with such an amazing group of individuals, who support and help all of there fellow workers in a professional manor. Although I was only there a short while, it was a privilege regardless.
dont work for them they will "strip" you soul
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 August 2018
ghastly company....no standards on any level...senior management fun day out is to get drunk and talk about it for months afterwoods... scraffy looking management...hardly any training...oh nightmare
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
loved working there, poor managment
sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire17 August 2018
It takes for one person to join the company, to ruin it for everyone. Persimmon homes is a massive company that build for quantity and not quality but i had so much fun working there, meeting new people and earning good money. Definitely a good place to start your property career.
Pros
good commision
Cons
incompetent managment
An average employer who is really only concerned with making money
Construction (Former Employee) –  Scotland30 July 2018
Not a bad place to work but the focus is on making money and keeping the share holders happy at the expense of everything else.
I have moved to another large construction company and they are more concerned with their employees.
Pros
Yearly bonus
Cons
Very little interaction between management and staff
persimon
Customer Care Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Manchester19 July 2018
NIce staff to work with very poor pay HR dont really like to help and wages just ,meeting the minimum wage hours are very unsociable and bonus scheme is pointless and unachievable
Pros
nice views
Cons
terrible hours
Worst building company to work for
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 July 2018
It is all about the managers, directors etc. making profit exploiting the help to buy scheme.
Without this scheme they would not be able to sell anything.
Have been in the press a lot for poor pay to the staff.
What will happen after "Brexit!" as there staff are all overseas EU Nationals paid the minimum wage and long hours.
Worked at the Harrow View Site it was poorly managed they did not care about the sales staff or poor customer.
Who still has two taps in the kitchen, bathroom etc. to upgrade they would charge £400 per items stuck in the 1970 design specification.
What do you expect from a Northern based company and management style the list goes on....
Avoid tnis place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Swansea24 June 2018
What a bunch of chavs the management are. Don't care a about anything only making money to better thier bonuses. They dont care sbout customer or problems with the homes they build. The director's call the customer who complain LIARS AND CRAZY ......
A nice place to work.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex12 June 2018
Selling New Homes is fun. It has it's challenges, but if you can have a good understanding with the site management team life can be very very enjoyable.
Getting deals exchanged on time was sometimes difficult.Because of my estate agency experience I always phoned any agent involved in a chain with us to introduce myself and talk about deadlines.This call enabled me to build a relationship with the agent which sometimes meant we could keep a deal together by working together.
I learnt that in the New Homes world it is crucial to have a good relationship with a mortgage broker and a firm of solicitors. With deadlines to meet we need clear information from brokers and solicitors.
I had a good relationship with my line mangers.
A really enjoyable part of the job was seeing the excitement on buyers faces on Completion day.
Productive and fun place to work
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross24 May 2018
Persimmon was a good place to work with a lot of good people. I would recommend working there to anyone who enjoys a job in house building. Good people to learn from there as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne23 May 2018
I enjoyed my self at persimmons homes a love working on construction sites and I hope to secure a job in construction as I love hands on work and working outside
My job role
Sales (Current Employee) –  North West10 May 2018
Dealing with 4 regional offices on a weekly basis.
Training sales advisers on all aspects of their joc role.
Training site managers on their induction.
great place to work
Joiner/Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 May 2018
good company to work for and worked there for over 10years and willing to travel and did all aspects of all joinery work 1st 2nd 3rd fixing roofs joists floors porch roofs and room in roof
Pros
pay was good
Cons
long distance travaling
Good company
Site labourer (Former Employee) –  Garthamlock25 April 2018
I enjoyed being a site labourer for the short time I was there it was a significant wage decrease from what I’m used to I got on well with management.
Pros
Travelling expenses
Cons
Lower wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Persimmon Homes. Our community is ready to answer.