Persimmon Homes Employee Review

View all Persimmon Homes reviews

Workplace
Telehandler Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 January 2019
Once I arrive I check that the forklift is working correctly. I then load out the bricklayers, carpenter, Plasterers, scaffolds' with material they need. I've learned that different trades have to be given their materials so now I know who to serve first and so on.
I will have a break at 10,30 for half an hour and then start again.
The management changes so often. Their are some managers that definitely know what should be done they will tell me which houses have to be done to reach target.
The hardest part of the job is when I have a manager that will not listen to when Im asking for another forklift driver because there are treble the work force because time is running out.
The enjoyable part is that the trades will have a laugh with you and pull your leg. Also when im trying to serve all the trades which have trebled they are really patient. I've done this job for many years and I fully enjoy my work I have also got many other skills to enhance it
Pros
I enjoy the workforce
Cons
when the workforce has trebled there is no help

Other Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace
Sales Executive Ipswich (Former Employee) –  Ipswich18 July 2019
Working at Persimmon was an enjoyable time period of my career, I formed valuable friendships from my time working there. A typical day at work was quick and enjoyable, and I loved the personal side to the job of helping people find their forever homes.
Pros
Good work relationships
Cons
Working weekends
Terrible place to work if not in the clique
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire11 July 2019
Stuck this out for 18 months but it wasn’t easy. A bullying culture which was allowed by mangers, I saw a large number of staff sacked for ‘silly’ reasons but basically their faces didn’t fit, especially with one of the girls who seemed to rule the atmosphere of the company. I left of my own accord but was made to feel very uncomfortable at work. Also there is nothing to do when the phones are quiet so be prepared to be very bored!
Pros
Local and decent hours
Cons
Very little to do when the phones are quiet, bad atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Persimmon Homes. Our community is ready to answer.