Persimmon Homes
Persimmon Homes Employee Review

good to work for

3 December 2018
can be very busy at times machine to operate are not very good and breakdown a lot can be very long days but always enjoy with the guys on site can be aplenty of overtime if needed.....
3 July 2016
Same role
Telescopic Forklift Driver (Current Employee) - Swansea
I work a 9 hour day, I open and close the site, I am the main telehandler driver on site and manage all the orders in and out of the site. I also make sure the site is clean and tidy along with completing all lifts of materials.

I am happiest when the site is busy, I work with ground workers, labourers, managers, roofers and plasterers.

I find the job hard when the site is quiet and there isnt as much to do, I prefer to be busy.
Pros
N/a
Cons
low pay rates.
13 April 2016
Same role
A17 Forklift operator (Current Employee) - East Midlands
Persimmon homes was my first employer out of the military, They have provided me with a lot of space to develop my skills and build confidence in my role as a telehandler operator. I have learned many new highly transferable skills from them in a fast pace construction environment.
Pros
Development is incouraged
Cons
more working hours
13 November 2018
Same location
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) - Exeter, Devon
If you like a methodical approach to working practices then Persimmon won't be for you. It's a reactive and at times extremely frustrating place to be. You never have time to properly review your completed work and often put under unnecessary pressure when procedures are not followed. That said I found away of overcoming this adversity by managing the workload accordingly. However the stress involved does take it's toll and like most people who work the S/W office, you become disenchanted with the lack of support and approaches to working practices.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Management are poor, steered by an archaic MD