Persimmon Homes Employee Review

View all Persimmon Homes reviews

A nice place to work.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex12 June 2018
Selling New Homes is fun. It has it's challenges, but if you can have a good understanding with the site management team life can be very very enjoyable.
Getting deals exchanged on time was sometimes difficult.Because of my estate agency experience I always phoned any agent involved in a chain with us to introduce myself and talk about deadlines.This call enabled me to build a relationship with the agent which sometimes meant we could keep a deal together by working together.
I learnt that in the New Homes world it is crucial to have a good relationship with a mortgage broker and a firm of solicitors. With deadlines to meet we need clear information from brokers and solicitors.
I had a good relationship with my line mangers.
A really enjoyable part of the job was seeing the excitement on buyers faces on Completion day.

Other Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews

Poor management from personnel above Site Management level
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife21 September 2019
Very much a gung-ho company. They care far too much about profit than producing acceptable houses that clients are proud to buy and live in.
The Site Build Programme is geared to produce too much for Contractors to realistically cope with, they are streched to their limit as a result of this they fail to meet targets or their quality of work isn't acceptable most of the time.
If you try to explain your concerns to higher management it falls on deaf ears.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Too much stress if you have good personal standards
Poor management and work culture
Telehandler Operator (Current Employee) –  Frome, Somerset12 September 2019
Management non existent, only concerned about finishing houses (4 managers on site and none looking after site) trades left to own decisions, no forward planning. Complaints shrugged off, only concerned about profits not quality products. Everything you see in the news is only the tip of the iceberg!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Persimmon Homes. Our community is ready to answer.