Persimmon Homes

Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Sales Advisor10 reviews
United Kingdom10 reviews
I would recommend Persimmon as a good place to work. It is Fun and Fast paced, with a lot of variety to the job. Every day is different, with challenges and laughs along the way.
Lower basic pay compared to other Developers. Lots of changes in staff, so promoting from within the Company is good. Read other reviews for information.
when i got my job at persimmion homes i knew what it intailed.
i loved working with certain people and meeting new customers and giving them the experience they deserved
It takes for one person to join the company, to ruin it for everyone. Persimmon homes is a massive company that build for quantity and not quality but i had so much fun working there, meeting new people and earning good money. Definitely a good place to start your property career.
Pros
good commision
Cons
incompetent managment
Selling New Homes is fun. It has it's challenges, but if you can have a good understanding with the site management team life can be very very enjoyable.
Getting deals exchanged on time was sometimes difficult.Because of my estate agency experience I always phoned any agent involved in a chain with us to introduce myself and talk about deadlines.This call enabled me to build a relationship with the agent which sometimes meant we could keep a deal together by working together.

I learnt that in the New Homes world it is crucial to have a good relationship with a mortgage broker and a firm of solicitors. With deadlines to meet we need clear information from brokers and solicitors.

I had a good relationship with my line mangers.

A really enjoyable part of the job was seeing the excitement on buyers faces on Completion day.
Whilst working at Persimmon homes I have learnt new administration and sales skills, I enjoyed the diversity of the work place and how no two days are the same, with plenty of different tasks set each day.
Pros
new skils
Cons
the structure of the working week
I started in Luton, Bedfordshire June 2016 with an experienced advisor who was very patient and trained me on every procedure. I was transferred to my own site where they launched too early with no mains drainage, water, electricity and no evident presence. We were visited by a lovely and friendly management team who visited frequently.

Unfortunately at the start of 2017 some of the team are gone and the new management expect miracles while keeping us in the dark.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Draconian Management
You're expected to start early and finish late, no weekends off. Holiday leave is good but having not had a single weekend off in over 7 months is a joke. Expected to accept people talking to you badly and it's as if everyone above you thinks that youre not capable of completing the simplest of tasks. Very underminding and the aren't any perks or bonuses.
Cons
no lunch break, no support, no bonuses, no weekends off
My typical day at work is having to update my system so I know what needs to be top priority within my job.
I've learnt alot within the Sales category as a job
Customer service was at the highest. Providing clients with the best services before they move into their house. Most enjoyable part of the job was being involved in the customer experience.