Persimmon Homes

Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews for Laborer

Laborer8 reviews
United Kingdom8 reviews
It was a decent job. I attached door tonthere frames, attached attic door hatches to the ceiling, attached stair banisters, sawed and attached skertain boards. I learned a fair amount and found it to be a good experience
Beware of this company, managment treat staff very bad and try to bully you. You are not shown things correctly, but they expect you to know. They give you jobs after jobs which you become back logged and unable to finish what they have asked. If its not done they become abusive towards you even though you have been given to many jobs for one person, i put 100% into the job i was first on side site before the managers who always turned up late. I was always last to leave trying to clean up the mess left by the managers. Keys for the new homes always went missing when managers gave them out to contracters. You were left with no spares and unable to lock up. The managers would blame you for losing them when they didn't get returnned. I couldn't ever find the full equipment for the work even they would moan when you couldn't find all the PPE needed to carry out the work. When i left the company the office were lied to saying that i had handed my written notice in which i didn't.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad company, Bad management, not given enough time to complete jobs, blame staff for their mistakes
I enjoyed being a site labourer for the short time I was there it was a significant wage decrease from what I’m used to I got on well with management.
Pros
Travelling expenses
Cons
Lower wage
A typical day at work would be to maintain the site and make sure it was safe for the workers. The management were good and fair with allowing certain time off for job interviews.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Low money as a labourer
Persimmon was a nice place too work but too be honest they was very unorganised and don't think people new if they was comeing or going. There was 7 managers over the space of a year and a lot of problems. They build timber frame houses which is quick but they have a lot of structure problems.
Persimmon are a great company, they helped me out alot with the job. The workers that work in persimmon are always nice and easy to get along with, and also great workers that get the job done.
Pros
Great environment and good site.
Cons
nothing
was a very good experiance for my first job i got to learn all about the different type of skills needed for the job. the hardet part of the jobs was lifting all the heavy items they tradesmen needed for work.
Pros
paid alot
Cons
long hours not long enough breaks
Good place to work, everyone on site was great. There was no pressure felt on site and you were left to work at your own pace as long as it was a good pace.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Persimmon Homes?