Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews in York

Would not reccomend
Assistant Conveyancer (Former Employee) –  York12 June 2019
A typical day at work would be varied and the work itself was somewhat enjoyable however management was extremely poor. There was little to no support in place for me when I was going through a difficult period of my life they chastised me for it and I felt personally victimized by their comments towards my personality.
I would consider doing this job again if only under different management.
The staff I worked with were nice enough though a lot of them had been working there for many years so the culture was not very varied.
I noticed also within the legal team that men were treated very poorly in particular, I'm not sure if I might've been reading into things a little too much but it came across like this to me.
Conversations in the office were fairly muted, but that was more to do with the size of the workload each Conveyancer had.
Whilst working at Persimmon legal there was not a case management system in place, which is crazy considering how big of a company this is.
Pros
Hour lunch break, Wage
Cons
Management very poor, workplace culture
not changed in 20 years
Site manager (Former Employee) –  york13 January 2019
too much admin/paperwork - many different forms to complete with same info to many departments - should be electronic/web form style to make time for actually managing the site and doing what paid for - to build houses.
Ok but not busy enough
Wages Input Clerk (Current Employee) –  York19 August 2015
Data entry work onto a bespoke system to produce weekly payslips. All the work is top loaded to the first 2 to 2.5 days of the week. Remainder of weeks work depends upon how many queries (if any)are submitted.
Pros
Free parking; sick pay after qualifying period, pension after qualifying period, SAYE scheme after qualifying period, bonus after qualifying period
Cons
Too much time sat waiting for work to do, 4 days contracted hours dragged out over 5 days, no staff room