Persimmon Homes

Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews in Peterborough

Peterborough4 reviews
It takes for one person to join the company, to ruin it for everyone. Persimmon homes is a massive company that build for quantity and not quality but i had so much fun working there, meeting new people and earning good money. Definitely a good place to start your property career.
Pros
good commision
Cons
incompetent managment
This is the type of company where on your first day the rest of the office will be laughing at you as to why you have you come to work here. After only a few weeks I began to realise what they meant. Almost everyone seems to be actively looking for a new job and the staff turnover is ridiculous. I received half a day's training in my whole time there which was wholly inadequate for my role. Overall I deeply regretted joining Persimmon and was relieved to leave and join an employer which recognises and appreciates the effort staff make.
Pros
Couldnt think of any
Cons
Low pay. No staff morale. No training.
I enjoy my job and have many colleagues that I work well with. The job can be demanding but rewarding. Good bonus and days out which they pay for. Everyone is friendly and approachable.
Typical day started with a site meeting of the managers to deliberate our goals for that day.
Having a positive team to work with made my position far more pleasing, this was also true of the support I received from my Contracts Manager and Company Directors.

The most difficult part of my job was to motivate certain sub contractors to increase the build without compromising quality.

The most enjoyable part of the job was delivering a high standard quality home for the company and client alike.
Pros
Excellent Directorship
Cons
No perminent contract offerd