Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews

Enjoyable workplace
Sales Executive Ipswich (Former Employee) –  Ipswich18 July 2019
Working at Persimmon was an enjoyable time period of my career, I formed valuable friendships from my time working there. A typical day at work was quick and enjoyable, and I loved the personal side to the job of helping people find their forever homes.
Pros
Good work relationships
Cons
Working weekends
Terrible place to work if not in the clique
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire11 July 2019
Stuck this out for 18 months but it wasn’t easy. A bullying culture which was allowed by mangers, I saw a large number of staff sacked for ‘silly’ reasons but basically their faces didn’t fit, especially with one of the girls who seemed to rule the atmosphere of the company. I left of my own accord but was made to feel very uncomfortable at work. Also there is nothing to do when the phones are quiet so be prepared to be very bored!
Pros
Local and decent hours
Cons
Very little to do when the phones are quiet, bad atmosphere
Look elsewhere this company is a Complete joke
Carpenter improver (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend8 July 2019
I've worked for this company and its the worst mistake I've ever made. They don't care about you besides them selves, I was the only female on site. I was treated unfairly. I was working towards my NVQ and this company was ment to train me which they never did I was mostly labourering for other people. They wanted me to go up on a roof and get someone to take a photo of me just to pass my NVQ because I didn't do this they sacked me trying to say I didn't pass my NVQ in a certain amount of time which is no fault of my own. I never had a pay rise even though it stated on the contract they gave me but gived everybody else one. And There was always a problem when I needed to go to a hospital appointment. On top they make these houses so cheap I feel sorry for the people who pay so much money for these houses but Trust me look elsewhere this is a bad company I wouldn't even rate this company one star if I could.
Cons
Long hours Bad pay for the amount of hours you work
Would not reccomend
Assistant Conveyancer (Former Employee) –  York12 June 2019
A typical day at work would be varied and the work itself was somewhat enjoyable however management was extremely poor. There was little to no support in place for me when I was going through a difficult period of my life they chastised me for it and I felt personally victimized by their comments towards my personality.
I would consider doing this job again if only under different management.
The staff I worked with were nice enough though a lot of them had been working there for many years so the culture was not very varied.
I noticed also within the legal team that men were treated very poorly in particular, I'm not sure if I might've been reading into things a little too much but it came across like this to me.
Conversations in the office were fairly muted, but that was more to do with the size of the workload each Conveyancer had.
Whilst working at Persimmon legal there was not a case management system in place, which is crazy considering how big of a company this is.
Pros
Hour lunch break, Wage
Cons
Management very poor, workplace culture
Groundworker south Walea
Groundworker plant op (Former Employee) –  South wales28 April 2019
They are a disaster of a company to work for no health and safety , treatment of staff is disgusting
Rush rush rush all the time
Plus nearly most of the Groundworkers on site are labourers
Driving plant with no CPCS tickets not Known what they are doing it's a disgrace people smoking and arriving in work either drunk or smoking weed in the welfare areas
I've never seen anything like it
They have no health and safety toolbox talks what so ever daily or every couple of days to witch they should
Nobody knows where they are going most of the time

I was with them fir a year and a half as a Groundworker plant op
I went on the sick due to low mood and not feeling very well
Not my fault this happened to me my doctor signed me off work
And they dismissed me as they told lies and said I never contacted anybody in a 12 day period to witch I did as I have the proof
They dont care about nobody plus half of the workers on there are not very nice people
This company should be investigated as they are breaching health and safety and lots of other laws that would close any construction firm
They dont do check ups on workers
Plus they treat staff disgracefully
There is alot I know about persimmon homes
And there staff men arriving in work drunk driving ther work Van's it's a joke
BAD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
STAY WELL AWAY
AS THEY WONT CARE ABOUT YOU
Pros
Disgrace
Cons
Disgrace
Rubish, they blackmail you and suck the life out of you. They dont care about the people on the lower levels especially labourers.
Construction Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham27 April 2019
Rubbish. Exhaustive. Terrible. Horrible. Horrifyingly horrifying. Sickeningly sickening. The management are run by chimpanzees allegedly. The alleged chimpanzees running persimmon homes appear to be narcissistic, and some of the workers are on narcotics. Birmingham
Pros
Zero
Cons
Millions
Productive and fast workplace
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea25 April 2019
it was a fast based work place meeting the deadlines that had to be hit, but working together as teams to achieve it was quite fun. awareness was a massive thing working on a construction site as we worked close machines and you wanna make sure you get home safe and sound
Pros
transport to work
Cons
dirty toilets
The job was good
Sales Advisors (Former Employee) –  North Midland1 April 2019
when i got my job at persimmion homes i knew what it intailed.
i loved working with certain people and meeting new customers and giving them the experience they deserved
Good company to work for and gain experiance
Maintenance painter (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow30 March 2019
Worked with persimmon homes west for the best 11 years of my working life as a maintenance painter along side a great team inc office staff who looked after you from 2005 to 2017
Pros
Company shares holidays nights out brilliant
Cons
No cons
Good experience
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool28 March 2019
Good planing at work
Good experience coordinating trades teams
Poor management from the top down
Workplace culture not encouraging, dosn`t alow people to develop themselves
Hardest part of the job working without minimum of necessary information, lack of transparency, lack of technology culture, everything on paper, no access to a printer or a copy machine, no wifi.
Enjoying working with the customers
Company doesn`t value any freelance managers, only cards in people are in a good position.
They request my agency to take me cards in, being a freelance for them and after 2 months they end the contract without any notice or any resonable explanation.
Pros
Good for a start experience
Cons
Bad experience as freelance manager
Poor
Sales/customer service (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 March 2019
Poor management
Poor salary
Bad atmosphere in the office
Favouritism
Very cliquey
No job security
Poor career progression
Lack of acknowledgement for good performance
Pros
N/a
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey6 March 2019
Very busy and varied job including typing, diary management, letter writing, convenant consents, in charge of car fleet management, driving documents,
Workplace
Telehandler Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 January 2019
Once I arrive I check that the forklift is working correctly. I then load out the bricklayers, carpenter, Plasterers, scaffolds' with material they need. I've learned that different trades have to be given their materials so now I know who to serve first and so on.
I will have a break at 10,30 for half an hour and then start again.
The management changes so often. Their are some managers that definitely know what should be done they will tell me which houses have to be done to reach target.
The hardest part of the job is when I have a manager that will not listen to when Im asking for another forklift driver because there are treble the work force because time is running out.
The enjoyable part is that the trades will have a laugh with you and pull your leg. Also when im trying to serve all the trades which have trebled they are really patient. I've done this job for many years and I fully enjoy my work I have also got many other skills to enhance it
Pros
I enjoy the workforce
Cons
when the workforce has trebled there is no help
not changed in 20 years
Site manager (Former Employee) –  york13 January 2019
too much admin/paperwork - many different forms to complete with same info to many departments - should be electronic/web form style to make time for actually managing the site and doing what paid for - to build houses.
Fun and happy workplace
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Camberley12 January 2019
Filing, listening in on phone calls and meetings. I learned how to deal with unhappy customers and working individually. Management are very good and friendly.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Heavy workload
good to work for
Telescopic Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon3 December 2018
can be very busy at times machine to operate are not very good and breakdown a lot can be very long days but always enjoy with the guys on site can be aplenty of overtime if needed.....
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster28 November 2018
Not a nice place to work at all. Management on all levels are vile have the most vulgar language!! Worst job in my entire life and the turn around of staff says it all.
Pros
Going home
Poor prices! Bonus system is a con!!
Bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 November 2018
Really poor prices and the bonus system we were promised is just a con! As it is taken out of your price and only paid to you at their descretion. Also 5 % retention up to £500 per man.
Pros
Cons
Poor prices
It’s not the best
Carpenter/Joiner (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 November 2018
. The pay for a qualified carpenter is appalling
. They don’t look after their employees
. Don’t get paid on time
. Sometimes done get paid at all
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
The list is too long
good work place
Apprentice Bricklayer (Former Employee) –  kent16 November 2018
was okay job learnt a fair few things a couple of things could of been better and alot of things could of been worse. they were a little bit unorganized but they got the work done everythings a little quick on there sites
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Persimmon Homes. Our community is ready to answer.