Persimmon Homes

Persimmon Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom142 reviews
Dealing with previous Persimmon homes, home owners who have issue with their properties. Taking down details of their issues and trying to resolve by sourcing correct department, labour to sort.
Pros
Custom3r satisfaction once problem solved
Cons
Getting problem solved
Managing director is first class he leads from the front and always available for support I would recommend working here it also has a great work to home life balance
Pros
Great package
Cons
1 or 2 bad eggs
I have worked for the company for a number of years and they have on a number of occasions proved they do not care about their staff, only profits. The pay is poor and management are dreadful. The rest of the staff in the business are lovely and without them I wouldn't of stayed anywhere near as long.
Pros
Great office team
Cons
Management and pay
All was well untill contractors, messed up fitting of kitchen and delivery of replacement worktops, thus pushed cml past programme, DG visited site and soon I was replaced with old adversary .
Pros
if your face fits you will be ok
Cons
blame culture on daily basis
Persimmon homes Ltd is an established company with a well established reputation for being a terrible company to work for, which is made very apparent by the sheer volume of staff the company goes through. They pay their staff the very bare minimum they can get away with always promising but NEVER follow up their promises for better deals. Trust me DON'T BOTHER!!!!
Right where can I start I enjoy working at persimmon homes I'm working with a good group of lads which know their stuff soo at the same time I'm always learning I've been with persimmon a few years and still no sign of a pay rise which I've asked for plenty of times they just fob you off and tell you they are looking into it but after 2 years of asking you kinda know what the answer will be the next time you ask. but hopefully this year now I will have a rise as otherwise im not sure if I shall stay or not, Hardest part of this Job is the rain and the cold winters but hey if your already a ground worker you already know this especially if you live in Wales./ Management: my site engineers soo far have been great to me treated me fairly nothing bad to say same as the foremen if your told to do a job just get on with it and then just move on with the next. Office Management you don't really speak to them much just to phone about the van mostly about services mot and other problems which most of the time get sorted straight away soo nothing bad to say about them either. the most enjoyable part of the day would be the last break cause you know the next one is yours haha. I hope you've enjoyed my review and it helps you to make your decision on applying for a job with them.
Working for the company five days a week was good as you got to be hands on and learn new skills as an apprentice and learn how the trade is done by other people
It was a decent job. I attached door tonthere frames, attached attic door hatches to the ceiling, attached stair banisters, sawed and attached skertain boards. I learned a fair amount and found it to be a good experience
Beware of this company, managment treat staff very bad and try to bully you. You are not shown things correctly, but they expect you to know. They give you jobs after jobs which you become back logged and unable to finish what they have asked. If its not done they become abusive towards you even though you have been given to many jobs for one person, i put 100% into the job i was first on side site before the managers who always turned up late. I was always last to leave trying to clean up the mess left by the managers. Keys for the new homes always went missing when managers gave them out to contracters. You were left with no spares and unable to lock up. The managers would blame you for losing them when they didn't get returnned. I couldn't ever find the full equipment for the work even they would moan when you couldn't find all the PPE needed to carry out the work. When i left the company the office were lied to saying that i had handed my written notice in which i didn't.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad company, Bad management, not given enough time to complete jobs, blame staff for their mistakes
Persimmon are a very good company to work for. I worked for them twice as a Freelance QS for maternity cover and would have certainly loved to have worked for them permanently if the salary was better
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Persimmon Homes?
I would recommend Persimmon as a good place to work. It is Fun and Fast paced, with a lot of variety to the job. Every day is different, with challenges and laughs along the way.
Trying to get better run sites to hand over extra plots to get quantities to year end targets.
To achieve a quality product safely you need time and quality tradesman.
Persimmon is a dishonest company that I would avoid like the plague. If you have any morals or ambition you should work for a different builder there is no movement up the ladder nor is there commitment from management to back the staff if theres a problem.
Good company as a whole. They always seem to get the job done. My only minor point would be they arnt open to critisism always seems to be other end itus.
Worst company I have ever worked for. Poor management and lots of back stabbing. Old IT equipment and systems. Was glad to leave. Very stressful for the amount you were paid.
Contractors for persimmon in Frome and Swindon area are terrible at communicating.
Quick to get you on site.

Slow sorting issues out or they dont reply.
Not a great company to work for management wise. For learning the management role it’s very fast zero structure as to how to progress. It’s a thankless job unfortunately.
would not buy a cat flap from this company JUST LOOK AT THEIR HEAD OFFICE IN CAMBERLEY crying shame it is ugly and neglected...
top management are greedy fat cats...no pride in the product or in themselves...recently I had seen a position beeing advertised for: Quality Controller...has to be the joke of the year...should be aired at Edinburgh's festival.....
Tipical day can be buisy or relativley quiet. Managment pressured to deliver quantity above quality. Working outside is very enjoyable whatever the weather.
Lower basic pay compared to other Developers. Lots of changes in staff, so promoting from within the Company is good. Read other reviews for information.
Working there was not a happy experience, most of the employees were really nice but the manager I worked for was rude aggressive and threatening. I would not recommend at all.