Perrys

Perrys Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
Be prepared to be frustrated
The pay is less than what other sites pay. The training is mediocre. Premonition within the com6only happens if you are friends with management, if not then you'll always stay at the same level. Lots of talking behind peoples backs: from staff level all the way up to management.
Two many people sticking the noses in and not doing the own jobs
Love the job at first great team to work with as I started off as a valater and got promoted to service driver we were given 2 many jobs in 1 day and had to keep pestering staff to get cars ready
Pros
Meeting public
Cons
2 many back stabbers i was dissapointed when i lost my job over been accused of dangereros driving
Productive fun environment
Vehicle technician
worked at Perrys for nearly 4 years in that time I have learnt a lot about cars and how they work.

management don't seem to know whats going on half the time and go back on things they said will happen.
false promises
Promised the earth , NOTHING delivered . ITS ALL ABOUT MONTHLY TARGETS AND PROFITS AND UPSELLING , team members are just cattle fodder and like wetwipes just flushed down the pan !
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced and good training opportunities
I worked at Perrys as a Service Advisor for Leyland. I found my colleagues to be friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed the training that was given to us have more training booked in. Working in the service team is very fast paced but we help each other out during busy times and days go very fast. I would recommend Perrys as an employer.
Absolute joke of a place to work!!
Never treat you with respect always treated you like a number, logistic management don’t have a clue, favoured who they wanted,, stay clear of this place!!
Pros
None there
Cons
Very long hours
Worst place ever all for management
Worst place iv had the pleasure of working . Worked here for 12 months safe to say i would never go back even if it was the last garage on earth. Management are all for management and make nothing but false promises again and again. STAY WELL CLEAR DO NOT APPLY . Will rope you in with promising you everything then not stick to it . Really really sly staff all for them selves . Pay is absolutely ridiculous a lot lower than any other dealer . Want you to work every hour god send and not pay you right for it. Try and make you do overtime every day like you have to stay even tho other staff walk out the door at 5oclock . Don’t pay holiday pay right . List goes on !!!!! STAY WELL CLEAR!!!!
Pros
Couple of other techs good to get on with .
Cons
To many to list
By Far The Worst in Lancashire
If the shoe doesn’t fit they will ensure you are fully aware your not welcome & that also includes office management.
The staff dress like they don’t have a job & I have to say it costs nothing to have standards.

By far the worst company in the car industry I’ve come across. A branch manager......oh what’s his name again???? Never involves himself with the team he has at hand.

Members of staff who are part of the furniture from years of service, they certainly don’t like your opinion on what would be more sufficient to do the job. The only way is there way & the old way & so many mistakes but they know best as they have years of service.

Yes changes are needed so many flaws & mistakes & any new customers who buy a car check all documents are correct including your car taxed.

Any pros to the company....none whatsoever!!

My advice stay clear from working or even buying from this company & you will be in better hands with other dealerships as an employee & even a customer.
Pros
I got out
Cons
Far too many to mention
Awful..
Worst place ever to work. Unorganised, unfriendly ridiculously long hours. Brought in to change things for the better.... pfttt banging head against a wall scenario..... Senior management everyone’s best friend!!!! So unprofessional. If you have work standards and are a professional then avoid like the plague... if you have the manners and work ethic of a Jeremy Kyle guest then apply apply apply you will fit in perfectly 👏
Pros
Cons
A list as long as my arm
Worst workplace I have ever worked
If you really don’t want to like you job then apply here. I worked here for a month and honestly was the worse place I worked. Service manager was very friendly however, the staff who I worked with were very unfriendly, always treating you like rubbish. Technicians were friendly and workshop controller was helpful but just felt like and treat like rubbish every single day. They say your finishing time is 5:30. This is more like 6:30. I would never work for Perry’s again, I was brought in to change things, however. They don’t like change and don’t like new people. So if you want a job with little perks, work here!
Pros
Service manager was nice
Cons
Long hours, unpaid commission, unfriendly staff, clicky environment, hostile customers
Treated like a robot and unappreciated, verbally insulted on a daily basis
Disgusting treatment of anything other than management and inner circle staff willing to spy on others. Bullying and racism is rife, with nothing whatsoever done by department or general managers after complaining about intimidating and behaviour not fit for a workplace. Branch managers in a world of their own, they get away with intimidating and insulting language, and wages behind industry average for similar positions. You are expected to do twice as much work as a similar position in a different company for less money. I was doing 2 jobs and being paid for the lower wage job only. I was very sick and could not get a doctors appointment one day, after asking if I should take the next day off to get a doctors note, i was told it was not necessary, then I was reprimanded for not supplying a doctors note. Overtime wages were NOT paid to me despite several requests. Management and HR department a joke and not fit for purpose. These people dont care about you, they use and discard people like toilet paper. Board members just see the bottom line, never the people. For a company that constantly drills "People First" into you on an almost hourly basis, they dont care about their own staff unless you are a manager or top performing new car salesman. I'd never ever work for them again, even if I was desperate. STAY WELL CLEAR.
Pros
Cons
See above
Awful management
Firstly to get a job at Perry’s you have some major obstacles to get through - like a boring long winded assessment day where you are picked off like X factor or something. If your lucky you’ll get an interview at the branch where the management offer you the world. The atmosphere at this branch can be poisonous and the management talk to you like trash. If you have any self respect don’t bother working here. Training was minimal so I spent all day on the internet or fuelling cars. Oh you do get a company car but you have to pay for it!
Pros
Company car
Cons
Management, long hours, lack of training
Unfair and toxic
If you want to work in an environment consisting of back stabbing and crocodile tears,unfair treatment and overall being spoken to like garbage feel free to join their "team" i would not recommend them to anyone and employers and staff makes me sick
Pros
Leaving the job
Cons
Working there
A poor place to work stay well clear
What a totaly rubish company to work for.i have been in the motor trade for over 20 years.they dont give a monkeys abt you wish id read reviews before id started there worst 6months of my workimg life take my advice stay well clear i was in sales.
Pros
Cons
They treat u like muck
great staff
good people to work with a great time, made me feel part of the team from day one. always there when help is needed. nothing is ever a silly question.
good team building and everyone is like one big family
Cons
wages
Driver
Very poor company to work for very bad wages how companies get away with it, long hours bad hopeless managers who have no clue about multi drop or logistics
Pros
Npne
Cons
Long hours bad pay
Poor managment, poor wage structure, poor business to work for
Worked for Perry's for 5 years and when I was working there it was easily noticeable that the workshop technicians and management didn't get along and didn't want to work for the company, technicians wasn't valued to the company and don't pay them for there hard work, bonus scheme that you couldn't hit and when you did hit the target they always made sure you just missed out on it, have a very bad work environment if someone asked me wheather to work for them I would advise them not to
Pros
One or two decent workers
Cons
Everything above
Fast paced enviroment
A typical day at work would involve servicing and repairing vehicles, diagnostic on electrical systems, used and car preparation.
Learnt quite a lot of skills due to having to be jack of all trades!

Management only seem bothered about getting the work load done as quickly as possible and not about staff welfare.

Staff morall up and down due to inconsistent work load.

No opportunity of progression within the company.

Salary is poor compared for the skills required.

Only pros are having good banter with colleagues doing the job.
Pros
Good banter with colleagues
Cons
Feel unapreciated
Good place
Its a great place to work the people are amazing and like a big family. Hours are good not too long . Just the salary that lets it down. The commision structure is ok but not alot once broken down.
Pros
People
Cons
Money
The management at Perrys Aston Clinton was terrible, they liked to abuse the power they had over other people. Effectively the management at Perrys are bullies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Mess
Great place to work if you like coked up idiots that cheat on their partners every week. Management have no clue what they're doing and are really unapproachable (not great for new starters)
Pros
Company Car
Cons
No life outside of work