PerfectHome Employee Reviews

One of the best places I've worked
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North East7 January 2018
A lot of these reviews are from before perfect home got their act together, when they repossessed goods and each store did as they liked.
Now everything has been centralised it's fantastic, no pointless KPIs because they could lead to you making a bad decision for a customer to make yourself look better and each call just takes as long as it takes.
Really glad I came here and absolutely zero plans to leave any time soon.
Pros
Friendly approachable management, achievable bonus, great colleagues
Cons
Building is a bit run down inside
No customer service
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North West12 October 2017
Terrible place to work. Was 70 branches now only 18 ! All the good staff have left.
Since the store closures , customers are unable to get through to call center waiting well over an hour to get through then when they do, staff don’t have a clue.. really poor customer service,
Very stressful environment to work in....
No stock on their websites.
No job security........
Pros
Cons
Broken promises from management
friendly and supportive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands21 July 2017
was a nice friendly company with some fantastic staff members and managers,
working closely with customers enabled you to help create good working relationships
Stressful unorganised environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 July 2017
Lack of management, organisation and consideration for staff. No job benefits. There was no manager in my department as they left and then hired a new manager and then fired her so there was no support. I worked a lot of overtime that went un noticed.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not paid for overtime
Good company to work for
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 July 2017
Good company to work for, had no issues, good salary scope to progress within the company, training I would say is an issue sometimes as it's mostly on the job.
Pros
Good bonus structure
Great Company
Website Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire20 June 2017
Great place to work.
Everyone is really friendly.
Management is open and jolly.
Workplace environment is like nothing I've ever seen before.
Excellent customer service is vital and all procedures are extremely efficient.
Pros
Great Working Hours
Cons
Have to climb 52 steps to get to my office
Disgusting company to work for
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  North East7 June 2017
So many store closures and redunacies yet still recruiting. Terribly managed unnecessary stress. Pick and choose when to pay your bonus. Bullying and favouritism from mamagement. Communication from management is also disgusting especially at a time when people are losing job. You are just a number. Easily replaced and not appreciated for hard work. Aswell as staff being mistreated the customers are too. I love to help customers and i couldn't in PH.
Pros
Made friends with both customers and staff
rubbish
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester7 June 2017
I only worked here for a few months when they decided to close the store, luckily I got relocated but then again redundancy took hold, not much warnings and as you can imagine after giving a safe job up for this to then lose it was very disappointed.
relationship manager
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff4 May 2017
helping customers deal with their arrears and run the accounts smoothly
customer service
management are very supportive
mixed
the hardest part of the job was repossessing goods
hitting targets
Pros
able to hit targets
Cons
uspet customers
Redundancy
Employee (Former Employee) –  perfecthome25 January 2017
a company Shrinking when should be growing is concerning and thinking the web will save you is a very closed minded way of doing business in a relationship based industry
sales, cash handling cleanliness, dept
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Current Employee) –  manchester arndale16 January 2017
on a day to day basis I meet and greet customer, I match the product to the right customer build rapour with the customer and treat customers fairly, I deal with high levels of cash kddp the store clean and merchandised daily, I've learned to deal with all different types of customer I know when to spot a vulnerable customer, I also deal with late payments
Do not go to work for them
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington6 January 2017
Pressure pressure pressure all day every day, while management are sat in the office most of the time, on their mobile phones or messing about but pretending they are ever so busy, usually one person on the sales floor to do absolutely everything including the impossible telesales, then you get called in to get your butt kicked coz the store is not hitting targets or you haven't said a specific something on a call which are all recorded, no respect or anything else for the employees, managers and above all just want their ridiculously large bonuses.
Pros
Cons
everything
Relationship Manager
Relationship Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 December 2016
The company is good for a starter to develop and learn skills however the holidays are limited but overall good people to work along side.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
No sick pay, and clause on bonuses.
ok
Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester10 October 2016
very fast paced work environment with a 'selective' customer base. This job is not for anyone who would struggle to work under pressure
Avoid working here
Relationship/account manager (Current Employee) –  Bolton31 August 2016
This company over the last few months have made 100's redundant yet are still advertising for more staff???? They are closing the stores down 1 by1 , they are a struggling company with absolutely no morals or respect for their employees ,moving you around from store to store to cover absence.
The higher management like to shout,swear and scream in your face on a regular basis when targets are not as they should be. Very stressful and pressurised environment .
They even expect you to work bank holidays ringing customers which I thought was illegal ???
Pros
Cons
Long hours, late nights
Long. Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby City Centre19 August 2016
On a typical day you could see around 5 people in store. Customers get abusive and angry at you for things out of your control. Management always locked away in the office.
Had a customer ring up countless times throughout the week, kept passing them on to management, they never got back to the customer which resulted in me being abused and sworn at over the phone.
It's not a fun atmosphere and you'll get bored VERY quickly

Luckily, I was only there a week.
Pros
Decent wage for somebody who has no responsibility
Cons
Boring
Ambitious company highly regulated
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 April 2016
37.5 hours 5 days a week including saturdays. Generous bonus structure. Very highly regulated constant review and audits. Great team of people.
Helping customers at all levels
Debt control manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby28 January 2016
Printing of weekly debts due to meeting of targets collections,
Personable and excellent interpersonal and
telephone skills and dealing with customers queries and complaints,
They are flexible in their approach to work patters,
They always willing and able to help,
Removing items from premises through last resort.
After helping satisfied customers.
Not worth the money
collections / relationship manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 November 2015
A terrible place to work where staff are sworn at, harassed and bullied by management!
Incredibly unreal targets forcing debt collectors to bully and degrade customers just to earn a partial bonus. Ultimately I walked out of this supposedly perfect company as there were too many faults to mention. On top of which the management didn't seem to know how to manage there own workloads. At no point in time did I ever think the money was worth what you had to put up with as an employee and from what I have seen written by other previous employees, I think it's safe to say I clearly wasn't the only one they tried to treat in such an awful manner. I only voted 1 star as there is no option for 0.
Impossible.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  England18 August 2015
I had a similar experience to others who've chosen to review. It's a long line of bullies from top to bottom expecting to much in terms of targets. You're set unrealistic targets which are impossible to hit and then told how you're supposed to be a "responsible lender" I don't see how you can be a responsible lender when you're taught to push products on to customers who can't afford it. They expect you to work long days/ evenings were you constantly ring people after the hours of 5 to try and get them to purchase something else. Your job is never safe because of the targets as soon as you don't hit them for a month you're put on a performance plan and are on the countdown to getting sacked. Also whilst you're on this plan you can't get commission so they try and take that 'benefit' off you as much as they can. It completely put me off retail and target driven sales! The staff turn over is massive in this company because you are just a number. The same respect is given to customers. It's embarrassing being a sales person in a company who doesn't care about there customers. Constant high amounts of paperwork and it's ever changing which you're expected to do whilst trying to reach your target. Avoid it! The pay isn't as good as it seems.
Pros
Cons
far too many to list