Pentland Employee Reviews

Good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Blackburn with Darwen4 October 2017
I enjoyed working here and I had a laugh with the guys I was working with. My job was only temporary which worried me when we started getting quite but during the busy periods there was another of overtime offered which helped out alot.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Job security
Good Place to work.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, Lancashire21 September 2017
Good place to work, everybody is friendly and management are approachable. The Job itself can get repetitive however you should expect that from any picking job. Pay is good considering the job title.
Fun place to work
Store Manager and Stock Allocator (Former Employee) –  London6 June 2017
It was a incredible place to work, I learn so much there and the company's culture is outstanding. Great management opportunities with great brands ..
No chance of getting permanent position
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Washington Tyne and Wear17 September 2015
Great company to work for if you like a supervisor on your case from day one.company supposedly has family values didn't know that harassment was part of family values. People have been working as agency workers for year's and will never be taken on permanently, they only have a handful of permanent staff.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
watch out for bullying and back stabbing
Creative and free
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG4 May 2015
It was incredible to work over there. as a young graduated Design Student it was defiantly a great place to work as we were trusted and pouched in our creativity. I have learn so much about the Company culture and about myself during this year in Peatland.
Opportunity to develop yourself
Food n Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, UK18 November 2014
A typical day would start around 3 pm in evening as I only used to do evening shifts either in the restaurant or in bar. So, once you have been allocated where you are working, you need to take over the responsibilities of serving the guests and looking after their needs from the morning shift. Working along side with your supervisor and helping little bit with their job so that I can learn from them, which helped me to become a supervisor later on as I was already familiar with the process. Had a great supervisor who guided me towards the path of promotion. The most enjoyable part would be to learn and discuss about cocktails and whiskies with the head bartender.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Leisure Club Facilities, Free Golf, Staff Parties.
Cons
Sometimes long hours as hotel can get very busy with wedding and groups and dinner service.
A family business with strong sense of ownership
Managing director - Footwear Division (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2014
Leading the footwear division I worked with Managing Directors and Brand Managers to develop strategies for UK and international businesses within the footwear, apparel and accessories field.
I sponsored the introduction of SAP and was a key driver of the Group's e-commerce functionality.
Having previous run and built the Kickers UK and Ted Baker Footwear licences I worked with the world's best retailers to build our brands through their stores, managing multi-channel strategies and selective distribution criteria.
Pros
Fun, footwear, family
Cons
Disconnected from building product strategy
Fun and hard working
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  sunderland8 April 2013
at pentland the managerment and co-workers are helpful and showed me how to do job
Pros
free seasonal lunch
Cons
hours are good with overtime on at weekends