Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust

Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Home treament team is a fast paced role
the community team were professional and hard working. the role ws demanding but supported well . overtime was available but not seen as expected good work life balance
Nothing wrong with the interview
Tameside Home Treatment Team badly managed; micro-managing culture; too many chiefs, sneaky, blaming culture; everyone reporting on everyone else in order to protect themselves; Serious amount of brown-nosing going on there. No time for anyone who isn't nursing staff; if you have any other career options - use them.
Stressful working in psychiatry
The manager made our departments job very hard because she was a bad manager with obviously no managerial training. The work load was very high and grade and pay were reduced at the time I worked there.
The consultant I worked for was the only reason I stayed so long.
excellent place of work
I loved working for pennine care NHS
had I not had to move I would have continued to work for Pennine Care.

The staff and service users are welcoming
Pros
good staff team
Cons
challenging
Typical NHS employer
Typical NHS employer, pressure from management to hit unrealistic targets set by government.
Pressure from patients who have become less likely to deal with small illnesses themselves.

Higher management not understanding how things work on the ground.
I have children and have very supportive managers who are generous with flexibility.
Staff are great and the job is very rewarding. I have learnt so much here. If you can get on the bank I would advise it to get your foot in the door.
Nhs is a good starting point
Nhs is a good starting point to gain experience. However as private sectors are now outbidding Nhs there are fewer opportunities to develop within your career.
Not a job for the long haul
You have your good and bad days....very bad days sometimes.All depends on the staff you work with.Split shifts are a nightmare as there is no shift pattern so home life really suffers.Management are young, some are immature with a point to prove.a few amazing staff you get the pleasure to work with.Several patients play the system which is VERY frustrating,back time and again.
Workplace
A good company to work for, pleasant enviroment for staff and patients.
Safe place to work, security presents on all wards and units.

Cleanliness is of a high standard throughout.
Pros
Great place of work
Cons
Internal rotation not always a good thing
Poor management. Undervalued underpaid
No support of management. To many chiefs and not enough indians.
Terrible pay and no progression

No help from HR when needed just dismissed and end up chasing your tail to get answers
Pros
Good clinical team on the floor
Cons
No parking favouritism
Horrid place
Worked as in domestic within trust HQ, people within the building were fine but there is a small handful, that think domestics can do nothing more than clean. If your face doesn’t fit in this place. Sorry but they make working life horruid. Got absolutely no support whatsoever off management or HR when had problem. Not the greatest place to work.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
Management are unsupportive.
Nepotism and if your face doesn't fit culture.
Worked for Pennine in community. Was employed by a caring manager however, following reconfiguration found myself pushed out. Everyone seemed to know each other for years and I was relatively new. As an example employees would socialise with senior managers and suddenly they would be in charge of projects. The staff who did not socialise would be ignored. So if you want to work with people who are stuck in their. ways and bullies, get a job at Pennine.
Pros
salary
Cons
Nepotism and culture of bullying.
Mental health provider
Great recruitment and workforce teams
Mix of experienced and new team members

Lovely office to work in

Central location

Flexible with late childcare requests
Pros
Central location
Cons
Not enough part time opportunities
great place
great place support and training provided
enjoyable dealing with public . kept busy but not overwhelmed. learnt various new skills i.e communication skills, answering and taking messages. Problem solving skills. learning new computer systems in addition to all microsoft packages. library note tracking
Avoid, this trust is renowned for the worst management culture going, rep well earned.
There are a couple of good managers, 2 I can think of now work in Oldham IAPT, however the terminally bad bully management culture prevents them from trying to create a positive culture. There are many very talented therapists passing through the various IAPT doors, but none are ever allowed to grow professionally or sought for their insight to therapeutic issues. IAPT's in general are really hard places to work due to the climate created by the government, but pennine is a particularly bad one, especially the parts that have been sold off, avoid like the plague. If u r desperate to get some initial experience, then go there, but with a plan to get out as soon as you can. Some great colleagues, appalling culture managing it, which is acknowledged in parts of the NHS outside of it.
Pros
They can't keep staff long so they are always recruiting.
Cons
Horrible place to work.
hard work! But very interesting.
Good company to work for. I learnt a lot here, and the staff and management were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day! The best part was helping to change people's lives.
Pros
good working conditions
A great Place to work
Amazing Work Colleagues with amazing work ethics

A challenging community based role, although sometimes stressful can be extremely rewarding.

This role has taught me many positive things.
Avoid
I worked in estates awful department management is clueless full of semi retired people who just don’t care. Tradespeople are unqualified and have very poor workmanship overall would not work here again.
Pros
Good site facilities
Cons
Bad careless management
an excellent place to work
Pennine care foundation is based at fairfield hospital bury. The staff are excellent and committed to the patients. Their is a strong caring culture and the stff are very supportive of one another.
Pros
a positive place to work
Great Supportive Manager
My current manager is very supportive and has helped me grow as a professional and is supportive of me progressing in my career. I enjoy working with the staff as everyone if supportive.
Horrible place to work
I worked in a dark, cold, horrible office with awful colleagues and dreaded going in everyday. Gossip was disgusting for such a small office. Bored, middle aged women with nothing better to talk about. Management were not very supportive and spent all day complaining about personal health issues which made the working environment unbearable . Personally, i do not think enough training was provided and the wages were shocking. Signed off work by the doctor due to stress and anxiety and never returned... thank god!
Pros
Leaving