Pendragon Pay & Benefits reviews

Good
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire5 January 2018
Fast paced organisation
Growing used car market share
Process driven company
Good salary packages available
Progression and training available in all job roles
Long hours with poor commission structure
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk30 November 2017
Not enough money for the hours put in, the commission structure is a joke. Good sales team to work with, management as a whole is pretty up and down as expected but the Dealer Principal is the best I have worked for.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours for low pay
Was a good place to work
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross24 October 2017
I worked there for a long time and saw many changes. Pendragon changed a lot when they took over and most of it was not for the better. They froze salaries and upped hours. Not a great experience
30 November 2017

Thanks for your review. Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us, despite the changes. We will take your comments on board. - Pendragon HR Team

Fast paced, productive fun place.
Service Advisor/Service Leader (Former Employee) –  York13 July 2017
Amazing industry to work in. High pressure, fast business with an equal amount of fun! You would enjoy everyday and most complex situations were rewarding to solve.
Pros
Company Car, Fun Memories, Good Money earner.
Cons
Cant have Month, Quarter or Year end off work.
4 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

nice woork place
Service Technician/mot tester (Former Employee) –  bmw leeds30 June 2017
clean warm workplace ,everybody very helpful and approachable
good bonus,plenty overtime. very good manager.shame for me that my travelling time was too long
Pros
good clean friendly wookplace
Cons
for me travel time
4 December 2017

Thanks for your review - great to hear you enjoyed your time with us! It is a shame that you had to leave us due to the commute - please contact our Resourcing Team should you be looking for opportunities nearer to you in the future - resourcing@pendragon.uk.com.

can be a fun place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire8 June 2017
a typical day at work would consist of a sales meeting followed by any grids of cars that have just came into stock then price changes that needs done. make sure the pitch is looking in good shape and then carry on with the day looking to sell cars. I've learned a lot over my time with the company. A lot more comfortable with finance options and product knowledge. In fairness the management there is great but can be frustrating when getting deals built. I wouldn't say there is a hard part of the job just overall can be frustrating. the most enjoyable part would be my colleagues, talking to customer and getting to know them. I am quite the chatty person.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working longer than stated finish times.
30 November 2017

Thanks for your review - great to hear you are enjoying your time with us! - Pendragon HR Team

Brilliant place to work.
Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire30 May 2017
I have been at Pendragon head office a few months now and love working for them, the team I work in is brilliant and supportive. They discuss your progress monthly and ask you if you have any concerns and always address your issues.
Pros
Team Member Benefits/Discounts
Cons
No Bonus Scheme.
30 November 2017

Thanks for your great review! Good to hear you are enjoying your time with us. - Pendragon HR Team

fulfilling job but long hours
graduate sales trainee (Former Employee) –  North West14 May 2017
fulfilling job but long hours, hard work and good reward through company car and steady pay but lower pay than colleagues and progression is not completely structured
30 November 2017

Thanks for leaving a review. Good to hear you found your role fulfilling and we will take your progression comments on board. - Pendragon HR Team

In Education in the Motor Trade
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire12 April 2017
You're just another number, no concern as to you as an individual. Chew people up & spit them out regularly without giving them the chance to develop. Management, if that is what you can call it as it is a case of 'if your face fits', have their strings pulled by others on a daily basis.
Bonuses are taken away when it looks like you're going to achieve. No payrises in over 8yrs of working there!
Pros
Big company, lots of brands
Cons
no recognition, rewards, praise, progression
30 November 2017

Thanks for your review - sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently reviewing our pay structure and will take your comments on board. - Pendragon HR Team

great atmosphere ant team
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vauxhall, Plymouth, UK30 January 2017
the team works great and everybody get on with each other and it is a really good atmosphere and great place to work, management is always available to help and all staff are knowledgable and helpfull
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
weekends

Comment – 5 April 2017

Thanks for your great review! Good to hear you're enjoying your time with us.

Happy
CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire29 December 2016
Lovely place to work, just need a new challenge
good access to parking, cafe on site
Team is varied
Reduced car purchase schemes
Located off of M1 with easy access to local amenities
Pros
Gym
Miserable
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff21 December 2016
Worst sales environment ive ever worked in. Avoid this like the plague. Cardiff management are a joke, dealer principle looks down on you and will sack you just to hire a mate of his. 12k basic salary is rubbish and vauxhall adam as company car. When you sell a car you then must do all the paperwork for this, and even find the car in another branch and organize transport, very stressfull for little reward. Sales guys are tidy but management and rest are a joke
Pros
New car sales staff
Cons
Everything else! Avoid

Comment – 5 April 2017

Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear you felt this way whilst working with us, we will take your comments on board moving forwards.

Long Hours
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff15 December 2016
Great salary but long hours and very highly pressured sales and managment role, not a good place to work for a family work balance.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long Hours
No Work/Home Life Balance
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Livingston11 November 2016
No Work/Home Life Balance

6 Days a week, poor salary but good commission potential. Good management but you are asked to do far too much other than selling which take away from your primary role. Company on the whole is behind others in the industry.
Good colleagues, no chance of progression
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff24 August 2016
Monday to Friday including every other Saturday morning. Averaging 42 hours a week, management could have been better. Equipment was all old and in need of upgrading. Low pay! Enjoyable part of the job is working with the cars on Ecat and locating them tricky, once in a lifetime parts that a customer requires. Hardest part is lack of opportunities to progress and seeing every other department earn a lot more than you.
Pros
Easy to plan holidays around
Cons
Overworked, underpaid.
There is worse places
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne16 August 2016
Aftersale manager no backbone
Long hours including every other weekend
Nice people in my department that's only good thing
Ran on shoe strings no overtime or pay reviews
Stupid targets each month to hit

..........
Pros
Good staff members
Cons
Long hours no over time .
Unfairness at his best
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent22 July 2016
I meet the most amazing people there, but also the worst.
Manager gives you 0 support
its all about targets.
If the manager screws up its your fault !
You get promiss all sort of things when you start
and then nothing happens
ex: base salary 1100 per month
you make 500 in sales
plus target 250
you get to the end of then of the month and your really happy right ?
look at the pay check u see 1299.
You ask why all you ear is escuses that make no sense what so ever
about discounts and taxes.
1 guy goes home at 4.30 and the other stays until 6.30 to finish up all his jobs.
1 day would be understandable but 20 days in a month ...
Pros
Good people (not including managers)
Cons
Long hours, unfairness, low pay, lies lies lies
Great colleagues terrible management
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Nottingham19 June 2016
Working in the motor trade you expect to work long hours but at least be compensated fairly for all the hours you put in. At Pendragon you your hourly rate works out to in many cases be less than minimum wage. This coupled with overbearing scaremongering management who's motivational tactics seems to consist of bullying and belittling staff to get the best out of them makes it one of the worst roles in the motor trade I have ever had the misfortune taking on.

Despite this some of the colleagues I worked with were genuinely nice people despite attempts to crush any morale by management.
If you're thinking of working for this company I encourage you to reconsider all of your options before applying
Pros
Good work colleagues
Cons
Long unsociable hours, terrible management, poor prospects
Slave Drivers!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City3 April 2016
Must have the most clever accountants in the world running this lot. Only written guarantee you get for a sales executive wages is £12,500 p.a. For a 46.5 hr working week I.e. £5.17 per hour. If you take your 1 day a week off when it falls at the weekend then it's your fault for 'missing key sales opportunities' don't know how they get away with it! Sell at least 10 cars per month and you just might be earning minimum wage for the hours you have worked.
Pros
Cons
Low wages, long hours
Best job on the market
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Hull23 March 2016
Really enjoyed working here, management where brilliant and was like family. Wages was brilliant especially the commission. Company vehicle and insurance was brilliant. The opportunity to build your confidence and meet new people every day. Induction was a bit of a pain having to travel to Mansfield but they do provide accommodation. Great opportunities for promotions, even people with poor education can make thousands here as long as you keep your head down. Take a break whenever you like which is brilliant especially if you smoke just respect that customer service comes before your privileges. Loads of perks such as salary sacrifice the opportunity to get vehicles at discounted prices. All in all probably 1 of the best jobs on the market.
Pros
Company vehicle