Pendragon Pay & Benefits reviews

low staff moral and lack of hierarchy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham3 August 2018
This was not a pleasant place to work. lots of staff are not mature enough to be in the job. It is very unprofessional and staff turnover is very high. It is no wonder having experienced what it is like first hand. I would not recommend anyone to work in the HR department especially unless you are desperate fr a minimum wage job.
Pros
cheap lunches
Some great people
Dealer Principal (Former Employee) –  Harrogate5 July 2018
great structure and training programmes. Start at the bottom and work your way up. Process for everything and some great team member benefits.
Fun at times with a good working environment. Only con as with most motor retailers is not the hours but the days. Spread the hours across less days and people would be happier at work and home.
Pros
company car
Cons
6 days per week could be spread into 5 longer days would give people a better work/life balance.
14 August 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review! We will take your work-life balance comments on board as this is an area we are working to improve.

Worst place to work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coventry15 June 2018
Having worked at Evans halshaw as a sales executive for over 6 months I can confirm it is the worst place to work. They will make you work 12 hour shifts without a break and say your not entitled to one, they'll make you stay 2-3 hours extra without pay. The smallest problem you'll have there is the commission, you get paid £5 per car that you sell.
4 July 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time with us. We will take your comments on board.

Great colleagues.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall11 June 2018
My colleagues were brilliant to work with and we were very supportive of each other. The hours were ok with one weekend off per month. The dealership went through three dealer principals in just over a year.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
Bad hours, very biased and poor management 3 dealer principals in a year...
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with your team members.

F&I Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 May 2018
I was persuaded to join Pendragon by an excellent Manager. When he left his Division and moved on, the company ethos changed entirely. Their Demands became extremely dictatorial and too demands given that my role covered the whole of the UK. Was expected to be in a site at 0830 until 6 on a daily basis - it took it's toll, hence re-joining GE
Pros
Better salary
Cons
Culture & staff turnover
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

Do yourself a favour and do NOT work here
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 May 2018
Terrible company to work for. Don't care about the people. People are just a number.

Nothing good to say about this company!!

Don't waste a minute of your career on this company!
Pros
Cons
No wage raises but expect more and more, Are not treated fairly, Horrible company to work for, Total under value its people.
8 May 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us but we will take your comments on board as we continue to make positive changes.

Under valued and under paid
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 April 2018
Not a bad place to work in terms of the people you work with. But that is as far as it goes.

The salary and bonus structure is appalling, way way behind their competition and they wonder why they aren’t doing as well as the competition. Bonus structure changes regularly but never for the better. Higher management are very reactive to throw incentives on areas that drop in performance when the horse has already bolted. A carrot of a pay structure change is always dangled and never materialises, as per many of the replies to these reviews, you can see they have been changing the pay structure since Q2 2017, this still has not happened.

You are expected to work all the hours under the sun for minimum wage for a normal 40 hour week. You will most likely work 60 hours a week. You are also expected to do way more than your actual job role. 14 days into the month and we still don’t have a commission structure or target for the month.

Overall moral is low, targets unachievable, pay appalling. If the management actually just set a commission structure that was incentivising and consistent they might get a better result.
Pros
Nice Company Car. Good laugh with team
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no consistency
nothing great nothing bad
Used Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Doncaster27 March 2018
just youre typical plc car dealer. work long hours and no particular incentive to sell, but all round not a bad company to work for management and good work lifestyle
Pros
not anchored to one place four hours
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We are currently reviewing our structures to improve shift times for our team members.

Nice people to work with. Management Poor!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 March 2018
Terrible company.They set unrealistic targets for sales and them raise them for the next month. Commission structure - What A Joke - £5 per car 🤔 Avoid
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Management, comission structure, not being able to earn decent money over your basic
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently reviewing our commission structure to place more incentive on providing an excellent service to our customers.

Always busy, but a good environment.
Dealership Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  England20 February 2018
Good people, everyone always wanted the best for each other. The chances for people to progress and advance are there for people who wish to take them.
Pros
Discounts available
Cons
Hours can be long.
12 March 2018

Thanks for your great review! Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of the progression opportunities available.

Lowest paying in the business
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Vauxhall23 January 2018
Terrible basic salaries, for all staff apart from "management".
Zero potential to better yourself unless wanting to be chained to your desk/phone 24/7. Lost so so so many good people out the business due to refusing to pay what they were worth. Myself included, went from a supervisory position in Pendragon down to an Advisor elsewhere but for 3.5k more. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Shocked this site is still open.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low salary, useless staff due to low salaries on offer
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently reviewing salaries across the business so will take your comments on board.

Good
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire5 January 2018
Fast paced organisation
Growing used car market share
Process driven company
Good salary packages available
Progression and training available in all job roles
12 March 2018

Thanks for your fantastic review! Great to hear you are having a positive experience with us and taking advantage of the progression opportunities and training available to you.

Long hours with poor commission structure
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk30 November 2017
Not enough money for the hours put in, the commission structure is a joke. Good sales team to work with, management as a whole is pretty up and down as expected but the Dealer Principal is the best I have worked for.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours for low pay
Was a good place to work
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross24 October 2017
I worked there for a long time and saw many changes. Pendragon changed a lot when they took over and most of it was not for the better. They froze salaries and upped hours. Not a great experience
30 November 2017

Thanks for your review. Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us, despite the changes. We will take your comments on board. - Pendragon HR Team

Good place to work and begin in the car industry
Trainee Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 August 2017
I worked here as trainee car mechanic working and being trained by the best technician there in order to help me develop my skills.

Its a nice environment and can be very good at times.
Pros
1 hour lunch break, good pay
Cons
Long hours 8-5pm Monday-Friday
Fast paced, productive fun place.
Service Advisor/Service Leader (Former Employee) –  York13 July 2017
Amazing industry to work in. High pressure, fast business with an equal amount of fun! You would enjoy everyday and most complex situations were rewarding to solve.
Pros
Company Car, Fun Memories, Good Money earner.
Cons
Cant have Month, Quarter or Year end off work.
4 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

nice woork place
Service Technician/mot tester (Former Employee) –  bmw leeds30 June 2017
clean warm workplace ,everybody very helpful and approachable
good bonus,plenty overtime. very good manager.shame for me that my travelling time was too long
Pros
good clean friendly wookplace
Cons
for me travel time
4 December 2017

Thanks for your review - great to hear you enjoyed your time with us! It is a shame that you had to leave us due to the commute - please contact our Resourcing Team should you be looking for opportunities nearer to you in the future - resourcing@pendragon.uk.com.

can be a fun place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire8 June 2017
a typical day at work would consist of a sales meeting followed by any grids of cars that have just came into stock then price changes that needs done. make sure the pitch is looking in good shape and then carry on with the day looking to sell cars. I've learned a lot over my time with the company. A lot more comfortable with finance options and product knowledge. In fairness the management there is great but can be frustrating when getting deals built. I wouldn't say there is a hard part of the job just overall can be frustrating. the most enjoyable part would be my colleagues, talking to customer and getting to know them. I am quite the chatty person.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
working longer than stated finish times.
30 November 2017

Thanks for your review - great to hear you are enjoying your time with us! - Pendragon HR Team

Brilliant place to work.
Resourcing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire30 May 2017
I have been at Pendragon head office a few months now and love working for them, the team I work in is brilliant and supportive. They discuss your progress monthly and ask you if you have any concerns and always address your issues.
Pros
Team Member Benefits/Discounts
Cons
No Bonus Scheme.
30 November 2017

Thanks for your great review! Good to hear you are enjoying your time with us. - Pendragon HR Team

fulfilling job but long hours
graduate sales trainee (Former Employee) –  North West14 May 2017
fulfilling job but long hours, hard work and good reward through company car and steady pay but lower pay than colleagues and progression is not completely structured
30 November 2017

Thanks for leaving a review. Good to hear you found your role fulfilling and we will take your progression comments on board. - Pendragon HR Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.