Pendragon Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 June 2018
Work as a pendragon driver,collecting and delivering cars to and from dealerships and customers,
Daily routes are simple to follow and no public transport involved,always another member of the team to drop or pick you up
Pros
Short hours, very rarely do 40hrs per week
Cons
Waiting for cars in dealerships sometimes
Worst place to work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coventry15 June 2018
Having worked at Evans halshaw as a sales executive for over 6 months I can confirm it is the worst place to work. They will make you work 12 hour shifts without a break and say your not entitled to one, they'll make you stay 2-3 hours extra without pay. The smallest problem you'll have there is the commission, you get paid £5 per car that you sell.
Great colleagues.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall11 June 2018
My colleagues were brilliant to work with and we were very supportive of each other. The hours were ok with one weekend off per month. The dealership went through three dealer principals in just over a year.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
Bad hours, very biased and poor management 3 dealer principals in a year...
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with your team members.

fun workplace
Admin Assistant / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gateshead4 June 2018
very kind and helpful staff always tying to help always there if you need a hand
learned various things like how to file and photocopy
taking phone calls
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
short lunch times
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with us and learned new skills.

Pendragon Review
New / Used Vehicle Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton4 June 2018
Good company to work for with very good company rewards. I enjoy working in a busy office with a all ages of people. The most enjoyable part of my job personally is building close relationships with my team members and sales execs.
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review, good to hear you are enjoying your time with us, thanks for your hard work so far!

F&I Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 May 2018
I was persuaded to join Pendragon by an excellent Manager. When he left his Division and moved on, the company ethos changed entirely. Their Demands became extremely dictatorial and too demands given that my role covered the whole of the UK. Was expected to be in a site at 0830 until 6 on a daily basis - it took it's toll, hence re-joining GE
Pros
Better salary
Cons
Culture & staff turnover
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

Not very productive
Data Capturing and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  England24 May 2018
In the time that I was there, I was mainly bored as they could not give me challenging duties. I had to help my manager with Excel continuously. I was not very happy.
Pros
I had a job
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - career progression is very important to us so would have like to have offered you the chance to progress should you have discussed with your leader.

Everything is allways about covering your back
Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Leeds22 May 2018
As with most PLC's you are constantly having to prove you have done something
The work isn't hard but the hours are long and you work till 7 and most weekends
As you'd expect with a sales environment they are always pushing the target up
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your time with us - we are looking into the hours our team members work so will take your comments on board.

Avoid at all costs
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire18 May 2018
Absolutely terrible place to work, avoid at all costs.
Have lost so many good employees through the poor management and generally bad staff choices.
Would be happy to see this building closed down !
Pros
Closing time
Cons
Where do I start
12 June 2018

Good company too work for
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear17 May 2018
Company was good too work for, i spent 8yr there just all come down too poor managment. Ive tried too go back but managment wont let me. Managment needs too be addressed as the main priorety. Good learning structure and lots of learning too take on aswell.
Pros
Good pay/skills learning
Cons
Poor managment and upper managment
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with us - thanks for your loyal service over 8 years!

A new experience and lesson in life.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands15 May 2018
Working here was something very new for me at the time, it gave me a huge amount of confidence and drive to succeed in my role. In a pressured sales environment i found i quickly became thick skinned and very hungry to achieve more and more. I enjoy working under pressure, i feel i perform better.The team that i worked along side were supportive and something like a family to me.
Pros
Commission and company car
Cons
very long hours
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, great to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Holiday cover receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chester8 May 2018
Very friendly place to work, all staff and management friendly and helpful, covering all aspects of reception duties as required, meet and greet visitors, switchboard etc
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Do yourself a favour and do NOT work here
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 May 2018
Terrible company to work for. Don't care about the people. People are just a number.

Nothing good to say about this company!!

Don't waste a minute of your career on this company!
Pros
Cons
No wage raises but expect more and more, Are not treated fairly, Horrible company to work for, Total under value its people.
8 May 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us but we will take your comments on board as we continue to make positive changes.

Good team, bad management
Customer Service Surveys (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 April 2018
The team is good but is managed by young power hungry people who have no skills to be a good manager, They are not leaders and will never be leaders, Instead of asking you too do something you're told, have no respect too anyone in the business.
Cons
Long hours, NO company car
8 May 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. Good to hear you are enjoying working with your team and we will take your other comments on board.

Unprofessional Environent
Vehicle Technician (Former Employee) –  Darlington Citroen22 April 2018
Techs throw each other under the bus in an effort to better themselves.

In general the service manager/s and DP were easy to work with...listened to any issues you had etc.

Sales team were as you’d expect but overall nice group of people.
Pros
Sales Team / Management
Cons
Service Team
8 May 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Good to hear that on the whole you enjoyed working with your team.

Under valued and under paid
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 April 2018
Not a bad place to work in terms of the people you work with. But that is as far as it goes.

The salary and bonus structure is appalling, way way behind their competition and they wonder why they aren’t doing as well as the competition. Bonus structure changes regularly but never for the better. Higher management are very reactive to throw incentives on areas that drop in performance when the horse has already bolted. A carrot of a pay structure change is always dangled and never materialises, as per many of the replies to these reviews, you can see they have been changing the pay structure since Q2 2017, this still has not happened.

You are expected to work all the hours under the sun for minimum wage for a normal 40 hour week. You will most likely work 60 hours a week. You are also expected to do way more than your actual job role. 14 days into the month and we still don’t have a commission structure or target for the month.

Overall moral is low, targets unachievable, pay appalling. If the management actually just set a commission structure that was incentivising and consistent they might get a better result.
Pros
Nice Company Car. Good laugh with team
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no consistency
nothing great nothing bad
Used Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Doncaster27 March 2018
just youre typical plc car dealer. work long hours and no particular incentive to sell, but all round not a bad company to work for management and good work lifestyle
Pros
not anchored to one place four hours
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We are currently reviewing our structures to improve shift times for our team members.

Nice people to work with. Management Poor!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 March 2018
Terrible company.They set unrealistic targets for sales and them raise them for the next month. Commission structure - What A Joke - £5 per car 🤔 Avoid
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Management, comission structure, not being able to earn decent money over your basic
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently reviewing our commission structure to place more incentive on providing an excellent service to our customers.

Shocking place to wlrk
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 March 2018
I worked at a branch of EH and I’ve never seen such a poorly run company.
Terrible morale, management didn’t care, customers were treated horribly
Glad to get out!
Pros
It want far from home
Cons
Everything else
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. We will take your comments on board.

Headless Chickens!
Business Capture Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based7 March 2018
No joined up thinking, no motivation and no management. Business being run by one director who is a dictator and brow beats the junior management who are all 'yes' men to keep their jobs. Real shame as the business has real potential but will never reach it with current management. Not a great place to work, the whole place is run on fear of losing your job!
Pros
Great potential
Cons
Non existent leadership or management plan and high staff turnover
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We will take your comments on board as we look to make improvements across the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.