Pendragon Employee Reviews

Horrible
Vehicle Buying Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire13 August 2018
They were horrible to work for, I wasnt given the tools to do my job, and then they blamed me for it... They then fixed one issue, I'd turn up to work the next day and didn't have a desk, or a keyboard, or internet, or a mouse, or any customers. Many more issues happened with this, like internet wasn't working on my computer one day, and then they told me i had to fix it... this being a full server array with many different things to do on it (I know more about it now but at the time I didn't nor was it my job.)

DONT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE
Pros
Cons
too many to tell.
low staff moral and lack of hierarchy
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham3 August 2018
This was not a pleasant place to work. lots of staff are not mature enough to be in the job. It is very unprofessional and staff turnover is very high. It is no wonder having experienced what it is like first hand. I would not recommend anyone to work in the HR department especially unless you are desperate fr a minimum wage job.
Pros
cheap lunches
Professional and fun place to work.
Accounts Assistant, Evans Halshaw (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear6 July 2018
I loved working for Pendragon and i was welcomed to the team from day one. I became one of the team and was sad to leave but have remained close with colleagues,
14 August 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review! Thanks for all your hard work during your time with us.

Some great people
Dealer Principal (Former Employee) –  Harrogate5 July 2018
great structure and training programmes. Start at the bottom and work your way up. Process for everything and some great team member benefits.
Fun at times with a good working environment. Only con as with most motor retailers is not the hours but the days. Spread the hours across less days and people would be happier at work and home.
Pros
company car
Cons
6 days per week could be spread into 5 longer days would give people a better work/life balance.
14 August 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review! We will take your work-life balance comments on board as this is an area we are working to improve.

Very Busy
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkby in Ashfield21 June 2018
Very Bust And Training Not Great But You Just Use Your Knowledge and experience gained. Parking is offered good but small canteen, Wheelchair access offered but only offered a little table in the canteen.

Good team members but the training needs to be looked at because I left because the lack of training offered.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Unhappy Customers
4 July 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you liked working with us. We are continuously updating and improving our training offering for all team members so will take your comments on board.

Good company to work for
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 June 2018
Work as a pendragon driver,collecting and delivering cars to and from dealerships and customers,
Daily routes are simple to follow and no public transport involved,always another member of the team to drop or pick you up
Pros
Short hours, very rarely do 40hrs per week
Cons
Waiting for cars in dealerships sometimes
4 July 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review, good to hear you are enjoying working with us!

Worst place to work
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coventry15 June 2018
Having worked at Evans halshaw as a sales executive for over 6 months I can confirm it is the worst place to work. They will make you work 12 hour shifts without a break and say your not entitled to one, they'll make you stay 2-3 hours extra without pay. The smallest problem you'll have there is the commission, you get paid £5 per car that you sell.
4 July 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you are not enjoying your time with us. We will take your comments on board.

Reasonable for the right person
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Midlands11 June 2018
Whilst there are legitimate opportunities within the group to make a decent career, it is completely subjective to the senior you report to. Unfortunately in my time I was subject to extremely passive aggressive mannerism from my manager who crippled my self confidence so in the end decided to leave purely based on her. For the right kind of person they may flourish in this company and the progression chances are there.
Pros
Fast paced progression opportunities
Cons
Below industry standard pay, backwards people management.
4 July 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are dedicated to providing all our team members with progression plans and development opportunities so it is a shame you felt you didn't experience that. We will take your comments on board.

Great colleagues.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Vauxhall11 June 2018
My colleagues were brilliant to work with and we were very supportive of each other. The hours were ok with one weekend off per month. The dealership went through three dealer principals in just over a year.
Pros
good colleagues
Cons
Bad hours, very biased and poor management 3 dealer principals in a year...
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with your team members.

fun workplace
Admin Assistant / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gateshead4 June 2018
very kind and helpful staff always tying to help always there if you need a hand
learned various things like how to file and photocopy
taking phone calls
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
short lunch times
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with us and learned new skills.

Pendragon Review
New / Used Vehicle Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton4 June 2018
Good company to work for with very good company rewards. I enjoy working in a busy office with a all ages of people. The most enjoyable part of my job personally is building close relationships with my team members and sales execs.
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review, good to hear you are enjoying your time with us, thanks for your hard work so far!

F&I Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire25 May 2018
I was persuaded to join Pendragon by an excellent Manager. When he left his Division and moved on, the company ethos changed entirely. Their Demands became extremely dictatorial and too demands given that my role covered the whole of the UK. Was expected to be in a site at 0830 until 6 on a daily basis - it took it's toll, hence re-joining GE
Pros
Better salary
Cons
Culture & staff turnover

Not very productive
Data Capturing and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  England24 May 2018
In the time that I was there, I was mainly bored as they could not give me challenging duties. I had to help my manager with Excel continuously. I was not very happy.
Pros
I had a job
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - career progression is very important to us so would have like to have offered you the chance to progress should you have discussed with your leader.

Everything is allways about covering your back
Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Leeds22 May 2018
As with most PLC's you are constantly having to prove you have done something
The work isn't hard but the hours are long and you work till 7 and most weekends
As you'd expect with a sales environment they are always pushing the target up
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you aren't enjoying your time with us - we are looking into the hours our team members work so will take your comments on board.

Avoid at all costs
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire18 May 2018
Absolutely terrible place to work, avoid at all costs.
Have lost so many good employees through the poor management and generally bad staff choices.
Would be happy to see this building closed down !
Pros
Closing time
Cons
Where do I start
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.

Good company too work for
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear17 May 2018
Company was good too work for, i spent 8yr there just all come down too poor managment. Ive tried too go back but managment wont let me. Managment needs too be addressed as the main priorety. Good learning structure and lots of learning too take on aswell.
Pros
Good pay/skills learning
Cons
Poor managment and upper managment
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed working with us - thanks for your loyal service over 8 years!

A new experience and lesson in life.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands15 May 2018
Working here was something very new for me at the time, it gave me a huge amount of confidence and drive to succeed in my role. In a pressured sales environment i found i quickly became thick skinned and very hungry to achieve more and more. I enjoy working under pressure, i feel i perform better.The team that i worked along side were supportive and something like a family to me.
Pros
Commission and company car
Cons
very long hours
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, great to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Holiday cover receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chester8 May 2018
Very friendly place to work, all staff and management friendly and helpful, covering all aspects of reception duties as required, meet and greet visitors, switchboard etc
12 June 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

Do yourself a favour and do NOT work here
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 May 2018
Terrible company to work for. Don't care about the people. People are just a number.

Nothing good to say about this company!!

Don't waste a minute of your career on this company!
Pros
Cons
No wage raises but expect more and more, Are not treated fairly, Horrible company to work for, Total under value its people.
8 May 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us but we will take your comments on board as we continue to make positive changes.

Good team, bad management
Customer Service Surveys (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 April 2018
The team is good but is managed by young power hungry people who have no skills to be a good manager, They are not leaders and will never be leaders, Instead of asking you too do something you're told, have no respect too anyone in the business.
Cons
Long hours, NO company car
8 May 2018

Thanks for leaving a review. Good to hear you are enjoying working with your team and we will take your other comments on board.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.