Pendragon Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire19 January 2019
By far the worst company I've ever worked for.
Training is non-existant. Expect to be sat at a desk on your first day and just left to get on with it. No training on how to use the systems. I wasn't even told the key code for the door.
Colleagues are unfriendly and unwelcoming which is probably because they see such a high turnover of staff that it isn't worth getting to know new starters. The longest serving members of staff were all horrible, gobby people who didn't have a brain cell or ounce of morality between them.
Management are completely clueless and just sit in their offices and wonder why staff are under performing and customer satisfaction is so low. Their strategy is just to just replace staff and deal with problems when they arise rather than investing time properly training their staff, building morale in the workplace and preventing customer complaints before they happen.
Wasn't advised in interview that the job would involve alot of travelling down south including 4 pointless days at their Academy in Mansfield during your first week in which they put you in a scruffy hotel. This is followed by another "welcome event" for 2 days which you're advised is mandatory even if you have young kids at home and can't just drop everything and go away for nearly a week.
If you want to work for a poorly run company and spend your days being miserable and sweeping up all the rubbish that others have left behind then apply for a job with a Pendragon franchise but I'd advise you to run whilst you can.
Cons
Good company to work for.
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 January 2019
Good company to work for. Unfortunately the job culture is none existent. It was very dull and boring in the office. Like working in a morge. Felt on edge all the time. Couldn’t be myself. Felt though i was on the outside looking in.
The work and job itself was fine. Although no training provided just thrown into it. Shown what to do when applicable, but never was explained why you do it.

Salary was poor but i think intime it goes up.
Shame it didnt work out because i liked the job just not the atmosphere.
Pros
Career pogression in such a large company
Cons
Salary, working enviromnent and lack of training
company car
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough8 January 2019
Many opportunities
meet new people
deal with customers on a day to day basis
get to drive many different cars
bad management
working 6 days a week
Pros
company car
Cons
managment are bullys
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed working with us. We will take your comments regarding management on board for the future.

long hours but rewarding
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  North East7 January 2019
Great client face to face experience along with uncapped earning, however long hours and weekend work involved, fantastic work colleagues always willing to help.
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed working with us!

Workshop a laugh
Technician (Former Employee) –  South wales28 December 2018
Enjoyable workshop, but held back from achieving and exceeding targets by management unless you are part of the click
Quite sad really as it stopped department from achieving
Pros
Good bunch
Cons
Held back by management unless in the click
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed working with us. We will take these comments on board for the future.

N/a
Used Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands11 December 2018
Selling Used vehicles
offering finance
CRM
Trade in vehicles
Administration
Long working weeks
Great atmosphere when team work is applied but managers only have 1 goal and that's to make work harder than it needs o be
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Poor prep standards
UCM (Current Employee) –  Not risking my job anymore than this review11 December 2018
The staff at work are a good laugh and easy to get along with however this is the only positive. Most jobs are under paid and overworked. They so called "system" they have in place changes every other month. The biggest issue is the prep standards and the lack of concern from upper management, A good example of this is recently we've had 4 fully prepped cars that are missing wheel nuts, one that was missing a brake caliper bolt, and another with a bent track rod end. All of these cars had supposedly been "AA Approved". These issues have been taken to upper management and their response is either ignore the complaints or get a generic response of "just fix it". The company really needs to do things properly the first time and the entire upper management needs replacing as they don't know what they're doing and can't run the company in a decent way.
Pros
Good staff (service, sales and BM)
Cons
Upper management only care about themselves and their paychecks
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are sorry to hear you are not enjoying working for us. We take the safety of our Team Members and customers very seriously so will look into your comments.

Sales Exec
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire11 December 2018
Avoid at all costs!! Worked for this business around 6 years ago and pretty much treated like a slave!!

Car industry really needs to take a real look at itself and pretty much worked every day!!
Pros
Cons
Work every day !!
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are sorry to hear your did not enjoy working for us. We will take your comments on board for the future.

great company
New and Used Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham11 December 2018
been with this company for nearly 4 years but at risk of redundancy now need a new job that's similar to my role...………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Pros
great team
Cons
redundancy
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are thrilled to hear you enjoy working with us.

Fun place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, UK6 December 2018
This was a fun place to work, I always enjoyed going to work and the management staff were great.

I enjoyed the type of work I was doing whilst I was there and the progression was the only this that kept be back.

Development of staff was on the back burner and the day to day seemed the only purpose.
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed working for us. We are working on our development programme and will take your comments on board for the future.

Evans Halshaw
Parts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 November 2018
Worked for this company for just over a year, was made redundant by director who didn't give two monkies about anyone other than himself. Short paid, & still not rectified months later.

Nice people at the dealership who i worked with, but the company is a shambles.
Pros
good bunch of people at the dealership
Cons
poor upper management.
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy working with us. We will take your comments on board for the future.

don't work there
Customer Retention Executive (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire27 November 2018
I have met many amazing people, and some of the managers are fantastic and bend over backwards for their staff. However a lot of the managers are not organised and don't know what they're doing, you have to be a particular kind of person to work in that environment.
Pros
some great people there
Cons
disorganised
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review, we are sorry to hear you are not enjoying working for us. We are currently working on new training programmes and will take these comments on board for the future.

Avoid at all costs
Motor vehicle technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire25 November 2018
Unless you want to be a yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir person i wouldnt bother working here, your not allowed to do anything, if you breath wrong your getting moaned at. The whole place is full of double standards, hypocrits and clueless people who havent a clue about cars. Its a case of if you face fits. God forbid you have a opinion. So unless you want to work for someone on a power trip i would avoid like the plague
Pros
Good pay for what you actually do
Cons
Double standards, hypocrits and back stabbers
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review and sorry to hear you did not enjoy working for us. We take the thoughts and feelings of our Team Members very seriously and always want to ensure they are working at their happiest. We will take these comments on board for the future.

Enjoyable
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Devon29 October 2018
Good company to work for. Obviously there are a couple of areas in which it could improve main one being they need to stick witha process for enough time for it to actually work rather than scraping it and trying something new. But overall definitely a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Interesting benifits
Cons
Poor management
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a great review, we are thrilled to hear you are enjoying working for us. We will take your comments regarding processes on board for the future.

Don’t do it to yourself
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Coventry21 October 2018
Run by a bunch of idiots who don’t know what they’re doing. Don’t know how to treat staff, no lunches, no having fun at work. It’s like being back at school with managers who were clearly bullied. If you want a good work life balance then don’t bother applying here. Infact stay clear of the motor trade.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, make you do overtime with no pay, no lunch, have to work every weekend
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review and sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. We take the thoughts and feelings of our Team Members very seriously and will take your comments on board for the future.

Awful company
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  York16 October 2018
If you enjoy working stupidly long hours for little to no benefits - this is the place for you.

Scheduled hours 8:30-7 (sometimes 8pm if you're on the late finish) and getting a stern b*llocking from a manager if you took more than 10 minutes to eat your lunch...bearing in mind you're entitled to an hour.

You are not paid physically on any car you sell until you reach a minimum of 12 units sold (and even then, you're only getting £5 per car). You are forced to rip people off blind with ridiculously high interests rates of finance on a car that would usually be extremely affordable as well as shove products down their throats that they don't need. Pureguard also happens to be the biggest shower of sh*te that's ever been produced.

Management don't care for your personal life outside work, and taking a holiday (especially on a weekend) is cardinal sin!

'Company Car Included' in job advertisement is a load of rubbish. Get into your dealership and you'll get the usual "It's up to the Dealer Principal" or "you have to be serve your 6 months probation period"

Don't settle working for this failing company that's managed by incompetent morons. The grass is definitely greener elsewhere!!
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review and sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time working with us. We will take your comments on board for the future.

Wouldnt reccomend
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire15 October 2018
Worked with this PLC for the best part of a few months, did not receive the training I needed to succeed, sold a fair few cars but would not be put through training as management refused to do so, personally would not recommend.
Pros
Company car
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at Pendragon. We have a wide variety of training on offer at our Training Academy and will take your comments on board for the future to ensure this is better communicated.

Would not like to work for pendragon again.
Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton15 October 2018
If I had to work for Pentagon it would have to under better working conditions/salary. Have the tools to do the job they expect you to do. Any only do the hours that you get paid for no more & no less
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. We will certainly take your comments on board regarding working conditions and salary for the future.

Avoid at all costs
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland5 October 2018
Evans Halshaw Cramlington is the worst ran business I’ve ever experienced, unrealistic targets, stupid amount of hours and don’t get me started on the management - a person in particular is a horrible bully and doesn’t care for a second about your life outside of work... or in work to be honest

Company car is pointless

The pay for the hours and effort you put in - joke. (You don’t get paid a penny for cars you sell until you hit 12)

7 months of 8 o’clock finishes and 5 months of o’clock finishes - another way Evans Halshaw rip your eyes out.

Oh and don’t forget you start 15 minutes before your contracted start time so the whole team can get a grilling and start the day off to a whole lot of negativity.

Only positive is the sales lads and the business manager is absolutely exceptional, Shame he can’t run the whole garage.

If you love having no life, being stressed and constantly feeling down - apply for this role.
Pros
Sales lads.
Cons
Management, hours, pay, targets, benefits
14 January 2019

Thank you for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience whilst working at Evans Halshaw Cramlington. We take our Team Members' thoughts and feelings very seriously and will take your comments on board going forward.

Poor working conditions
Smart Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Midlands21 September 2018
State of the art body shop makes me laugh.
Basically it's a shed in a car park with no extraction for paint fumes or dust. It breaks nearly every health and safety laws going and no one cares.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Money, management and lack of health and safety.
4 October 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - the safety of our team members is at the top of our priority list, we will take your comments on board going forward.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9