Pendragon

Pendragon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom314 reviews
Good place of work
Good place to work, plenty of training both internal and external
Friendly people good interaction between deoartments

Fast pace place of work with plenty to keep you busy
An enjoyable yet productive experience and very friendly work colleagues.
A great company to work for, I would recommend working here to anybody looking to get into the vehicle industry or pick up key skills such as administration and customer service skills.
Busy
Typical day involved collecting and returning vehicles requiring service. This often involved facilitating peoples lives by arranging to collect/deliver to their workplace.
Pros
Meeting new people and helping the elderly and infirm get their vehicles serviced
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Poor management.
You will be basically answering calls to book service, MOT’s repairs. Your job would be to book them in or direct calls to the relevant department. There is small aspect selling involved too.

The job it’s self is relatively easy if you get calls that you your self can deal with, the main problem is that people at the dealerships do not answer the phone to you, this leaves customers extremely angry because they still don’t know how their vehicle is getting on after 8th call that day and there is nothing you can do about it to help. you could get better paid job at Aldi which is lower skilled than here.
Awful
Went on paternity leave to find out that they did not give me it. Asked for them to put it as my 14 days holiday which I was entitled to. They did not do this. I made a grievance against the company and asked for an investigation. They investigated it. But, the person who investigated it was hired by the person who rejected me this. It was my first child which was due. I fell into a deep depression due to starting fatherhood unemployed.
fast paced
an easy job however sometimes hard to meet targets due to calls ect. Shifts are ok but sometimes working until 7 during the week and 5 on ther weekend.
Pros
bonus
Cons
shift pattern, weekend work, poor management
Most unprofessional place I have ever worked in.
I have never worked in such an unprofessional work place as this. Everytime the phone rang it was an unhappy customer screaming abuse at you. When they wanted to speak to the sales team or managers you couldn't put them through as they didn't want to know unless it was to do with a sale. Full of kids with no idea how to give any level of customer service.
Long hours and incorrect information, poor salary and high staff turnover. Completely ignored by pendragon after place filled and just a bum in a seat
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pendragon?
Horabil place to work
The mangers do t know how to treat there staff they use bullying tactics. All they want to do is look after people hi don’t want to work hard. I worked there for3 years I sold the most cars good treated rally badly
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Great place to be worked like a machine with no gratitude.
They will encourage you to work all the hours under the sun with no thanks or recognition. The management team are very self centred especially the dealer principal.
Pros
Not likely to be let go! They don’t follow up on harassment, misconduct of any form as long as they think you are working hard for them.
Cons
You are just a number
Avoid Dealership Environment
I'm in a dealership, Pendragon themselves I cannot comment really as they do not like to help employees or get involved with how they are treated in dealerships.
False promises, below minimum wage for ridiculous expectations and targets!! Mental bullying is normal procedure from under qualified managers, and there are no such thing as team players. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We ensure that all team members' pay is aligned with minimum wage guidelines and are committed to promoting a team ethos, so will take your comments on board.
Review
ordering parts, checking stock, dealing with technicians enquiries, ordering parts for customers, helping other colleagues, Placing orders. I learned something new everyday. There wasn't a hard part of my job. I enjoyed everyday at work
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review - it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!
Lasted 3 weeks with the nonsense
Took the job with a promise of pay plan and rota being one thing, within 5 days of starting this had changed. Was told I would be going on courses that didn’t seem to exist. I was warned about taking this role and I should have listened
Pros
Cons
Pendragon
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us.
Ok place to work
Alright place to work, very relaxed environment. Managers are supportive. Only con would be that it would be hard to progress, a little cliquey. Expensive food
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. Good to hear you enjoyed the environment. We have recently introduced a structured progression plan within our CX Hub, making the career progression opportunities much simpler to understand and achieve.
No Training
Worked here for 3 weeks and left due to no training and a very stressful environment, Customers were very rude and ignorant especially when it came to paying a bill after they had been told and authorized it. Management was no use as they had no time to even log me onto the system never mind train me! do not recommend working for this company!
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long hours and no training provided
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to hear that you didn't receive any training; all our team members attend an induction, followed by training courses relevant to their role. We will take your comments on board.
Worth it?
Stop!! Please do your research on this shower of sh!te company! The motor trade can be a fabulous place to work! This company will not supply you with the relevant tools needed to excel, and grow! They will only brow beat you and in turn use this as a tool to get rid of you. Management mentally is us against them! Archaic to say the least!
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to read that you felt this way about your role with us; we are dedicated to internal progression and work to provide all our team members with the training and tools required to take their next career steps. We will take your comments on board.
Very fast paced and stressful
Overall seems a good company to work for. Can be long unpaid hours necessary to get the job done as a service advisor there is never a time when you can relax, but for the right person it can be rewarding
27 February 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. Good to hear that you are enjoying your time with us; we are a very fast-paced business but that can make for rewarding roles!
CxHub
Used to be a great place to work, team leaders that new what they were doing, management that new what they were doing. The contact centre went down hill rapidly 3 years ago, by employing someone completely clueless to supposedly restructure the teams, outbound, inbound etc. This person systematically destroyed moral and the outbound role. Avoid this place , you will regret working here
22 January 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review; sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently in the process of transforming the way in which we engage with customers in the CX Hub, whilst providing a structured progression journey for our team members.
Senior Parts Advisor
General all-day aspects of working in a busy main franchise dealership 5-6 days a week. Over a 10 year period I have experienced many different work processes and gained a vast aftersales working knowledge.
22 January 2020
Thanks for leaving us a great review, thanks for all your hard work over the years!
Avoid
Give out your company car... Even though you pay for it... Consistent deal stealing... You're asked to sign documents on behalf of customers without the consent of customers. Bad culture to work it
22 January 2020
Thanks for leaving us a review. It's a shame to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us but we will take your comments on board.
Busy
A busy and stressful place to work, lacking in helpfulness.

Not a good rate of pay but a friendly atmosphere , not a place you would want to work long term