Pendragon Employee Reviews

nothing great nothing bad
Used Car Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Doncaster27 March 2018
just youre typical plc car dealer. work long hours and no particular incentive to sell, but all round not a bad company to work for management and good work lifestyle
Pros
not anchored to one place four hours
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, good to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We are currently reviewing our structures to improve shift times for our team members.

Nice people to work with. Management Poor!
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwich27 March 2018
Terrible company.They set unrealistic targets for sales and them raise them for the next month. Commission structure - What A Joke - £5 per car 🤔 Avoid
Pros
Nice team
Cons
Management, comission structure, not being able to earn decent money over your basic
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently reviewing our commission structure to place more incentive on providing an excellent service to our customers.

Shocking place to wlrk
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire17 March 2018
I worked at a branch of EH and I’ve never seen such a poorly run company.
Terrible morale, management didn’t care, customers were treated horribly
Glad to get out!
Pros
It want far from home
Cons
Everything else
6 April 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review, sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. We will take your comments on board.

Headless Chickens!
Business Capture Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based7 March 2018
No joined up thinking, no motivation and no management. Business being run by one director who is a dictator and brow beats the junior management who are all 'yes' men to keep their jobs. Real shame as the business has real potential but will never reach it with current management. Not a great place to work, the whole place is run on fear of losing your job!
Pros
Great potential
Cons
Non existent leadership or management plan and high staff turnover
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We will take your comments on board as we look to make improvements across the business.

ok workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire25 February 2018
I loved my job however I wasn't prepared to say somewhere where it lacks a lot of respect and the manager is just rude.
typical work day is answering phone calls and helping customers
Pros
staff is like a family
Cons
the manager
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! Great to hear you enjoyed your role, however sorry to read you didn't feel supported by your leader. We will take your comments on board as we move forwards.

Always busy, but a good environment.
Dealership Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  England20 February 2018
Good people, everyone always wanted the best for each other. The chances for people to progress and advance are there for people who wish to take them.
Pros
Discounts available
Cons
Hours can be long.
12 March 2018

Thanks for your great review! Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of the progression opportunities available.

inbound review.
Inbound Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
A typical day involved taking constant calls from customer wanting to book in their car for work and also entering information on to a computer system. The job has taught me specific information about car manufactures and also helped develop telephone skills and confidence. The managment is the companies biggest downfall and the seperation between leaders and team members is very apparent. On many occasions I've avoided certain team leaders due to the fact that the answer to pretty much any question is to send an email to one of the employees that are site based rather than actuallty dealing with the enquiry head on. They also constantly monitor people's calls and will shout across a room full of people if you have had someone on hold for over 30 seconds which in my opinion is embarrassing and also delays going back to the customer while you have to explain exactly why you've placed the customer on hold in the first place. The company only seems to care about themselves and in a lot of cases will choose to cover their own backs rather than actually speak to their employees to find more suitable ways to deal with things. It is genuinley like being back at school, even toilet breaks are timed and if you go over the allotted personal time you are made to make the time back up even though most people who work their get their 20 minutes early anyway to set up their computer and usually end up being stuck on a phonecall even after their shift ends due to the fact you can't log out untill you're exact finish time. I on many ocassions have spent sometimes up to 30 minutes after my shift  more... has ended still dealing with customers. None of the extra time is payed and is only done beaucse if you argue against it or try and justify you are shut down staight away and reminded of company policy. However some leaders that work there are very helpful and will go out of their way for you to help where they can and they tend to be leaders that nobody has a problem with and they also tend to be the most respected leaders.  less
12 March 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. Good to hear you have gained some valuable skills during your time with us, however sorry to read that there were aspects of the role you didn't enjoy. We are continuously looking to improve within our Telesales & Retention centre for our team members so will take your comments on board.

Your Face must Fit
HR (Former Employee) –  Annesley, Nottinghamshire19 February 2018
Lower that national salaries however wanting you to go above and beyond for the company. Most certainly an environment where your face has to fit and that is only HR! Management are only interested in furthering themselves and do not care about others so long as their CV is well padded! Unable to work flexibly - really is a culture dated back in the 20th Century
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - we are currently reviewing salaries across the business.

long hours and toxic office politics if your face fits
Used Car Pricing Rsearcher (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire7 February 2018
The individuals during my time at there were pleasant enough as well as free parking-Thats all I can think of.

Cons

I worked for Pendragon for couple of years at the beginning was great and once had a great team morale. Seen faces come and go. However 2017 was the hardest. The long hours, constant changes in processes (lack of clear communication), high turnover of staff and the toxicity of the (if your face fits) office politics took its toll on me and others.
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Good to hear you got on well with your team, however sorry to read there were aspects of the role you didn't enjoy. We will take your comments on board as we move forwards.

Pre Delivery
Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2018
Aftersales work. Is just that for the most part. Pre delivery inspections and a few discs, pads and tyres. No real progression scheme or learning opportunities if honest
Pros
Steady shifts
Cons
no progression
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you don't feel as though you have opportunities to progress, we are dedicated to providing our team members with development opportunities - please discuss this with your Leader who will be able to work on a progression plan with you.

a challenge
Dealer Principal (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich5 February 2018
another great dealership filled with good people. it had is difficulties to start with but managed to keep most of the team in place and move it forward.
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a great review! Thanks for your hard work and good to hear you enjoyed your time as Dealer Principal.

Good opportunity to work in a larger City
Regional Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Wonderful opportunity to work for a large motor group. Good mentoring from an experienced Aftersales Manager. Enjoyed all aspects of working for this organisation but was given an opportunity to expand my knowledge.
12 March 2018

Thanks for your fantastic review! Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were able to develop your skills.

If your face fits you too can earn less than elsewhere
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands30 January 2018
Terrible company to work for! Upper management have no problem promoting idiots who have no idea how to treat their staff and the idiots in lower management will pass the buck on every problem that faces them. You hit bonus this month? That's great we will up your target to an unachievable amount. So glad to be out of there! My personal experience was of a cold out of date workshop in need of a new roof as it leaked. Heating was allowed on for three hours a day. And considering we were a vauxhall specialist very few special tools even when asked for.

Bottom line, the lads on shop floor were brilliant, service managers didn't last long enough to make an impact and the DP was aware of it all but essentially cut that many corners there was no point even trying.
Pros
Great bunch of techs to learn from and work with
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - we will take your comments on board and look to make improvements moving forwards.

Good work team
Driver and then smart repair technician (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire28 January 2018
was working with a good team. unfortunately we had a change in management and things started going slowly down hill from then onwards. overall my experience there was a positive one.
12 March 2018

Thanks for your great review! Good to hear you enjoyed your time with us overall.

Lowest paying in the business
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Vauxhall23 January 2018
Terrible basic salaries, for all staff apart from "management".
Zero potential to better yourself unless wanting to be chained to your desk/phone 24/7. Lost so so so many good people out the business due to refusing to pay what they were worth. Myself included, went from a supervisory position in Pendragon down to an Advisor elsewhere but for 3.5k more. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Shocked this site is still open.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low salary, useless staff due to low salaries on offer
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We are currently reviewing salaries across the business so will take your comments on board.

Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 January 2018
Pendragon is a good place to work, we create a fun environment and there is always recognition for hard work. The job is varied and I never have the exact same day twice.
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us such a great review! Great to hear you are enjoying your time with us - thanks for all your hard work so far.

Horrible
Senior Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stockport.16 January 2018
Treated with utter disrespect by a particular member of management. I was also racially abused at the company, management were witnesses of it and was bruseshed under the carpet. Nothing was said to the member of staff as he use to sell 39 vehicles a month so I suppose money talks. When I first started I was not given a company car and was living a distance away which meant I had to wake up at 4:45am to get the for 8:30am. I was driven and needed experience in the industry to be considered elsewhere.
Pros
Company car
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us - our HR team would be happy to discuss these particular problems with you.

High staff turnover
Technician (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk12 January 2018
I was made to feel very welcome in workshop. Manager always challenged for betterment in a good way. Very high change of sales department. This started to happen in workshop too. Top guy was nice to me. But think he changes to much and does not have faith in team.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Head of garage lacks direction .
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Good to hear you were made to feel welcome in the team.

Avoid at all costs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff10 January 2018
No induction programme whatsoever, expect to be fired during ur probationary period, no supervision during probationary period, no feedback, just let you get on with the job and fire you without any warning, it’s obvious they don’t really take staff on to retain staff, terrible way of working, if I could have taken my case further I seriously would have, if it hadn’t have been for my probationary period I would have sought the advice of a solicitor because of the way I was treated, I was really excited about getting this job and I was enjoying it but they are disgusting in the way they treat new employees
Pros
Guys I was working with were amazing
Cons
Management have no idea how to treat people
12 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review. Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Our leaders deliver probationary reviews to all team members so we will take your comments on board.

Productive, fun place to work
Digital Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham10 January 2018
Lots of prospects, great industry insight and well respected in the automotive industry.

Great in-house agency for marketing with many talented individuals all pulling together.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
Can be clicky
12 March 2018

Thanks for your great review! Great to hear you enjoyed your time with us and good luck for the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.