Penderels Trust

Penderels Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
I used to do cleaning, washing, cooking, shaving, dressing, paperwork, banking, bill management, food shopping, cleaning windows,
all house hold work, issues were only funding sometimes I struggled to get payment but that's done through the client they have to apply for the funding via pendrels trust
I worked as a personal care assistant I recently whistle blew and now my ex client refuses to send my time sheets in and penderels say they can not help me and that they are there for there employers and told me to seek advice else where. Disgusting. No protocol in place for this situation to protect employees. To top things off I've had no wage slip for 3 months either
Amazing experience and place to work i have gained many skills an development through this role. dealing with individuals that sufferer from server mental health issues has been challenging, however most rewarding, it is my role to help change thinking patterns an assist when necessary, through one to one work, or with extended services.
Exelent work evironment, flexible working hours, friendly clients. Possibly they will found perminent client or clients, if not much working hours they need. Menagers and co-workers always give you advice, if you need it.
Cons
My experience with Penderels was disappointing, they constantly forgot to post payslips and due to them forgetting to change my details on their systems, I was taxed unfairly - and was referred to the wrong offices many times while trying to sort out the issue.
This company welcomes new talent,appreciate new ideas very flexible recognising hard work and rewards accordingly manager and other colleagues have been very helpful and always ready to help it’s pleasure working with them it Is a filed where I can help individuals with almost everything I can make a difference in somebody’s life
Pros
Cons
Friendly environment
Dementia Awareness
Understanding how to Support Individuals on the Autistic Spectrum

Basic Makaton

Emergency First Aid at work – Current

NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Health and Social Care

Medication and Diabetic training hosted by Boots

National Certificate (Degree Level) in Animal Care and Rural Conservation (Completed wholly in New Zealand)

BTEC Introductory in Health and Social Care

BTEC First Diploma in Small Animal Care

NVQ Level 1 and 2 in Land based Animal Care

IT Key Skills Level 2

7 GCSE's in English, Maths, Double Science, Welsh, IT, Drama and Child Development
Long hours and not payed any over time you do and wages drop dramatically. No support at times to much pressure to fit in a short time I learnt a lot more then previous care experience
Cons
Long hours not enough pay
The company was much better when it was initially set up and in the early years but as it became larger it lost sight of it's origins and became less caring
Pros
Secure employment
Cons
Long hours and never enough staff
good team of people to work with helped each other as and when we could good hours to work round school hours loved my line of work there and loved the people
Pros
hours to suit round school
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Penderels Trust?
My job role included helping an assisting in ladies care an daily task. This included helping to shower, prepare meals and daily cleaning duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping to provide a smile to the client. I don't find there was any bad parts to this job.
In this role I learnt how to support clients where they needed support, I took care of all the admin roles and spoke to clients over the phone, took messages and the people were great to work with.
Great working with the people we work with. Very rewarding job but very demanding job as well, overstretched and expected to work on more and more citizens.
I cared for a disabled adult during my time working for Penderals. I enjoyed taking him out and spending time with him and helping him in his general day to day life.
Pros
No long hours.
Penerels trust is a good company to work for however the on site supervisor was unorganised and I am now ready for change of career, to better develop my knowledge and skills
a very professional company to work for. catered to their clients needs to the best of their ability. very approachable. cared about their staff also.
Generally a nice place to work, they put client needs first, the hardest part of the job was there were no opportunities to progress and trainings and no pay raise.
Pros
great Clients
Cons
few hours, no opportunities to progress and no pay raise
I only worked a few hours a week but the job made easier as I already knew the client. I worked at the clients home which was convienant as I only live round the corner from her.
Penderels trust is where you become a personal carer for a member of youre family they set it all up for you .My mother was self employed and i was her personal carer through Penderals .When my mother passed away the job went .
This company is ok till something goes wrong. I have had no support what so ever regarding my pay that is owed to me. If your employee chooses to go against paying you or of you have any problems at all ( employer mistreating you) there is no support for you at all.If anything goes wrong your just advised to talk to your employer but if your employer is mistreating you theres no one to turn to.
Pros
You could find a nice employer. Dont forget they pay panderels
Cons
If somthing goes wrong they dont help
Working for my employer through penderels trust gives me satisfaction that all administrative support is dealt and wages are a good working wage. Hours can drop which can be worrying but the most enjoyable part is the job satisfaction and making a difference in my employers quality of living.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Sudden drop in hours