Pell Frischmann

Pell Frischmann Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
Unfortunately the team has lost 50 % of the team. We were very busy very successful and a great place to work. We all happily worked extra hours to get the job done. Then for some bizarre reason our director decided there wasn't enough work so the team was halfed. The truth being there wasn't enough work at other offices so our work was shared amongst them.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bad management
All good and friendly
Working as a team member and on my own.

good management

work place culture ok

making decisions on my own sometimes

The most enjoyable part was my director and people there.
I was only here for a week on work experience. I was welcomed warmly by everyone in the office, however there was not much work for me as the work experience was organised very late. I would reccomend anyone that wants to work there probably should.
I was seconded to Pell Frischmann for about 18 months. During this time the Luton office went from a relatively small team of around 7 staff to over 20 staff today. The projects on offer were challenging, and working for very prestigious clients. The team ethic was very positive and supportive. I felt like a valued member of staff even though I technically was employed by another company. My secondment regretfully came to an end recently due to utilisation issues, however I wouldn't hesitate to return to Pell Frischmann again in future should an opportunity arise.
Pros
Good management, team ethic and interesting project work
Cons
No good pubs in close proximity to office
-Typical day at work.- Arrive as a contract employee and greet reception and passing staff with no response from directors and some response from project engineers,

-Learned quickly that Project team was young and enthusiastic graduates and contract cad technician working on high profile national project.

-the office is run by many managers and team leaders who had known each other before.

-Workplace culture was diverse and secretive run by inexperienced engineers who intimidate subordinate team members,

- The hardest part of the job was to offer opinions and technical cad experience advice,

-The enjoyable part of the job was submitting time sheets and assistance from with the administrator.
Pros
Prestige national project.
Cons
Bad management
The management attitude is that it’s your fault, like working in a junior school playground with the maturity to match. Never work there if you want to progress with your career, and this company will never invest in you, they care about the profit margin for their management bonus and showering their own ego in your hard work, moral plagiarism.

Find a proper company to work for with a proper management system. Really do... you have been warned.
Cons
I enjoyed my time at Pells and felt supported by my local managers and staff. Project work was a mix of rail, highways and development (residential and industrial). Good inter-office relationships and support.
Pros
Good range of projects
Cons
old boys club
I was responsible for ensuing all admin duties were adhered to and the business was only small enough to have one admin assistant per branch which made it difficult to progress my career further in the business.
I went out onsite with the clerk of works and also the site supervisor. I also worked in an office with two other people which are the manager and the designer. Although I did go out onsite a lot I also had experience on a new CAD system that the IT department had fitted
Office bound, conscientious and skilled team, limited investment, friendly people
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Office bound