Pearson Employee Reviews

Found 143 reviews matching the search See all 1,785 reviews
Well Organised and good training provided.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hellaby, South Yorkshire26 September 2018
A Really good company to work for, the work is divided up between teams, each team completes the task they are assigned. It is a well organised, structured environment. There are targets to work towards but a lot of support is given. Friendly people to work with, regular breaks and opportunity for overtime. Good rates of pay and safety equipment is provide eg hi vis jackets and toe cap boots, there are lockers and canteen facilities.
Pros
Goodrates of pay
Cons
some contracts can be quite short
Company in decline - to be avoided
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 December 2018
A company that ticks all the boxes in terms of having the right policies to do with remote working, work-life balance etc, but its lack of desirable products or integrated systems means it's fundamentally uncompetitive and continually cutting staff in order to meet its profitability targets. Ultimately their strategic plan sounds great (Content + Assessment powered by technology) but in reality has two key problems: the content and the technology. Leads me to believe life there will not get much better.

Good to have on your CV, but your "life expectancy" is less than five years, however talented you are, before your number inevitably comes up in a restructure.

Not really a employer that your can make secure future plans around, nor one you should join if you are ambitious and enthusiastic - there are far more receptive employers out there.
A very busy and intense work place .
PA in the Editing Department (Former Employee) –  Hellaby, South Yorkshire5 November 2018
A very well organised , clean and tidy workplace .

I was probably the least managed person in the department as my manager realized I could be left to make my own decisions to get the work done on a day to day basis .
Pros
Could go to work looking smart and enjoyed different aspects of the job
Cons
Long queues in the canteen
Productive, Nice place to work.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hellaby, South Yorkshire3 January 2019
Pearson in Rotherham is a nice place to work. They have a canteen and plenty of places to sit inside and out. #
They take into account issues. For example, I told them I had a back problem (Scoliosis) they gave me a job where i was seated.
Pay is good for the job. Only downside is that it is only for 1-2 months.
Working for Pearson is excellent for CPD and a great way to develop subject knowledge or gain understanding of quality assurance for vocational course
BTEC Nationals Level 3 and 2 Standards Verifier (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 August 2018
Being an examiner and SV has been ideal for securing subject knowledge. The role of an SV and CQR has been useful for understanding quality assurance processes for BTEC courses which is an area I line manage on a wide scale across two secondary schools. The roles can be difficult to juggle as a teacher and middle leader.
Examination Marker (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester2 August 2018
My experience working with Pearson as an examination marker was a highly positive one. The staff are supportive and the supervisors are always willing to help with any potential queries to ensure the smooth operation of the company. The working hours are well set up with sufficient breaks for refreshments and this provides the opportunity to work at optimum capacity.
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester25 November 2018
I learned a lot. The management was good. The culture was good. I conducted audit and this has helped me in the job that I am doing now, The hardest part of the job was to audit deparments where other colleagues worked.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Temporary
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire13 November 2018
work itself was monotonous, but the staff are very nice and the employers do a lot of incentives to keep employees happy and interested at work. The days go very quick while you are there.
Pros
incentives and lots of rewards
Cons
can be repetative
Avoid this company if possible
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, Holborn31 December 2018
Upon interviewing at this company I was promised a fun company with ample opportunities for progression. This was not the case. The company is extremely disorganised in terms of management structure, there is no 'career progression' advice or opportunities available, the systems the company use are not integrated and make a simple task drawn out.
Each year the company overspends, and does not monitor or budget at the start of each year, meaning at the end of each year there are job cuts right before Christmas, with no empathy or consideration of its employees.
No matter how much you suggest improvements, management do not want to know, as they seem to feel undermined, however this is purely down to incompetence.
There are far better competitors (Universities, publishers)out there who offer similar roles within a more stable environment with far better pay packages, benefits and opportunities for progression.
Pros
Free tea and freeze-dried coffee
Cons
Poor pay, no progression, basic benefits
Great company and easy environment to work in.
Training and Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Harlow, Essex13 November 2018
Pearson has their employees interests at heart.

I did learn and grew within my role. Great company. Enjoy my time there.

Can be a pressurised environment at times.
Pros
Great benefits
Productive place to work
OBIA Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 September 2018
At Pearson they do have a great team environment. You do get the ability to learn new skills on the job, even if you're a contractor.
Most days I would spend either working on tickets raised by the users or developing medium sized OBIA projects.
A good second income
Assessment Associate (Current Employee) –  London4 September 2018
Having worked here for some time I have been bale to advance and now earn a reasonable second income equivalent to approximately half of my full-time income. However, most of my work is done in the evenings.
Great company who looks after their staff
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2018
great company, good space and nice people, great benefits like healthcare, save as you earn scheme and dental cover. Always good hours and no expectations
Starter job
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 July 2018
Was a very positive experience they helping me install me in the UK and they found me a job always. I learn with them the profession of been care assistance however due to their temporary profile I aiming a stable job in a permanent position.
Good Company to work for
Primary school consultant (Former Employee) –  Kent21 June 2018
Driving around south east area selling digital resources and books to school to teach children.
demonstrate digital services.
lots of support .
working in London traffic.
achieving targets .
Pros
Company car and laptop computer.
Cons
Long hours.
A good workplace
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Lowton House17 September 2018
It is a good workplace, people I met there were friendly but management is quite unsure of workload within the company which is contracts kept changing.
Very good workplace
General Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire25 June 2018
Excellent pay friendly staff and easy work, only thing is, it’s very short contracts.. they offer overtime as and when needed.. only got one half hour break.
Pros
Very good money
Cons
Short contracts
Great place to learn to work in a dynamic environment
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  London4 April 2018
The company is going through a long and large reorganisation that implies constant changes, this bring the opportunity to learn new ways of working and opens opportunities in the short term.
Pros
dynamic environment with opportunity to learn as you go
Cons
difficult to visualize a long term career path
Productive,fun, educational
Creative Services Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 June 2018
VUE is a great place to work. People are friendly and fun as well as professional and hard working. There is a nice balance between work and social. Quite laid back work environment.
Lack of strategy and direction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex19 February 2018
Priorities never clear, lack of long term planning, communication not effective, efforts to improve often frustrated and not implemented. Effort is not always recognised and rewarded because it is often fruitless due to constantly changing objectives. Benefits are good but you have to decide whether the daily frustration makes it worth staying for the benefits
Pros
benefits are good, flexible working usually available
Cons
no clear remit or career progression

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.