Peacocks Employee Reviews

keeps you on your feet
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough13 June 2018
They kept it very professional at first but once you get comfortable so does the colleagues and they get pretty personal. there was a lot of gossip within work. some of the staff became very rude towards me and other colleagues working there, like was a clique there of the mean girls.
However everyday chores was normal the stoking in the warehouse, cleaning, re-stocking on the main floor, assisting customers and working on the tills.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
some rude colleagues
Enjoyable and great staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ply13 June 2018
A place where a bunch of colleagues worked well within a team. Loved my job and enjoyed interacting with customers and made many good friends along the way.
Pros
Four hour shifts
Cons
n/a
nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire5 June 2018
nice place to work, fun and always happy. always someone to go to if I was ever stuck very understanding management. loved working here! good for young school leavers wanting to progress in retail.
Horrible company and store
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kent29 May 2018
Wasted 8 years of my life here only to be treated like rubbish. No respect for staff just want you to make them money. Forget about having a social life as your expected to work on your days off with not even so much as a thank you. Shocking pay and such a high turnover for staff.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, huge staff turnover, backstabbing, the list goes on and on
Customer Service Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broxburn, West Lothian23 May 2018
Serving customers, filing rails with stock and stock taking. It is a fashion clothes shop selling cheaper clothes to fit the younger customers. As it was a cheaper store we had a lot of shop lifters.
Pros
Busy
Cons
A lot of shop lifters
unfair dismissal
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Treorchy, Rhondda Cynon Taff23 May 2018
unfair dismissal due to lying in the company. was sick in work got toldto go home n next day sacked cuz they said i walked out n didnt tell nobody admitted thery were wrong but still lost my job
Pros
great hours
Cons
unfair
Fun and hard-working environment
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull22 May 2018
A typical day at Peacocks would include dealing with customers requests, complaints and sales at the checkout as well as handling and distributing stock around the shop, and tidying/cleaning at the end of the working day.
At Peacocks, I learnt the fundamentals of working in a retail environment and gained vital experience in the field. I learned how to deal with issues to do with the tills and with complaints customers would come into the shop with that I wouldn't have had a clue about before. I also developed my customer service skills to an excellent level.
The management at Peacocks were superb and I never had an issue with them. They always treat staff and customers with the upmost respect and I would happily work with them again in the future.
The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers. I found it a pleasure to deal with customers everyday and interact and deal with their requests and complaints, as I love working with people.
The hardest part of the job was where the shop was really busy and there were many more duties to deal with, which sometimes meant working in high pressure situations.
Overall, Peacocks is the job that I stayed in throughout college until I went off to university and I thoroughly enjoyed working in a retail environment and gained some vital experience for my future working life.
Pros
Working in the retail environment
Cons
Long hours, sometimes very busy and a lot of pressure
Not the best experience
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Swadlincote20 May 2018
Enjoyed the customer service aspect of the job including working on the tills and dealing with customer enquiries but didn't feel as though it was the right environment for me.
great experience
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire17 May 2018
great to work whilst studying.really helpful team allows you choice to branch into all areas of work effectively, trained on what to do, work in very friendly social environment,
Safe and Welcoming place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stapleton, Shropshire9 May 2018
A typical day at work was working on the tills and helping customers as the store was busy due to the Christmas period however, when the store was quieter we would be sorting stock and making sure the shop floor was tidy. The management was really nice ad friendly and made sure the staff was looked after.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Part time job so short hours
A really low salary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London Hounslow5 May 2018
I would not recommend working for peacocks. It’s a ruthless culture. You put in all the hours and support and in return you are pushed to the limit with no real end result to you self. Definitely a real no no for me. Promised holiday and TIL back nothing materialised. Can’t take holidays due to bad management ethics.
Pros
Cons
Bad working culture
work
sales assistance (Former Employee) –  glasgow3 May 2018
the staff were all nice and friendly,i learned and discovered many new,different skills. We all worked well as a team, Everybody worked hard to get the job done.
Poor pay but great place to work to gain experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, Gwynedd3 May 2018
They have given me some experience that I can transfer to different jobs poor pay but supportive and great staff! overall good place to work if you don't mind poor pay and just want to gain expereince
Pros
Great manager and Great staff
Cons
Poor pay and long hours only one break from 9 until 6
Lovely environment to work in.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Helston1 May 2018
I love the people I work with and I think that my rate of pay for what I am doing is pretty good. I always know what i'm suppose to be doing and I never have disliked my job.
Pros
20% staff discount
Cons
quiet
Fun and productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dover, Kent27 April 2018
I very much enjoyed working at peacocks as you are trusted and given alot of independence, however the pay just isn't enough as I was only working a weekend position
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Comfortable work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon24 April 2018
I was extremely shy and quiet when I first started but was easily brought out of my shell and gained more confidence by working in such a busy and fast paced role
Learned several new skills, including merchandising and window dressing. Most of the staff are fun and easy to get along with which makes the day run smoother!
Pros
Staff Discount & Management allowance, Variety of skills learned in store
Cons
Poor management, Hours not enough, Wage is low for the hard work that goes into the stores
Low hours and no appreciation
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letchworth, Hertfordshire24 April 2018
As a former worker I would go on to say how peacocks was not the best place to work. The environment was poor and the management was a mess. The management was often rude and childish, I was with peacocks for only 9 months before I left and have never looked back. The hours where poor and after being promised a higher contract but was never given, leaving due to no work. The sales assistants where always busy and we had no time to have a break often getting called into the shop floor.
Cons
Poor management
Lovely company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maesteg, Bridgend18 April 2018
A nice company to work for, and working in retail meant I was able to work on my skills in customer service. Working locally meant I was able to build up a relationship with the customers and came to know them very well.
Pros
Working locally
Cons
Not as passionate about the product
Fun and comfortable place to work
Sale's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spalding16 April 2018
A great company to start in retail and teaches you lots about the core values in the retail business. Low wages and inconsistent chances for promotion.
Pros
Positive working environment
Cons
Low wages compared to others
Works for my lifestyle
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerset12 April 2018
I have worked here for 9 months now, the benefits of working here is that it fits around my busy schedule as I go to a college which has a long commute and is five days a week, therefore this job has been good for my lifestyle as it gives me hours during the weekend. However, the store I work in is not very organised as there is no manager however the staff I work with are very friendly, and helpful. I just feel that because I am under 18 the pay is not very good in comparison for the pay other under 18’s are paid, but I do understand this is not down to the store I work in, just the company’s over all contract.
Pros
Good hours that work for me
Cons
Poor pay