Peacocks Employee Reviews

workload - pay ratio was not well balanced
Sales Assistant/Supervior roles (Former Employee) –  Cardiff cow bridge road20 January 2020
my experience with peacocks has been great. I have learnt many life skills and business skills from this job but unfortunately the pay that I received whilst working as part of peacocks team was scrutinising for someone to live.
Very intense with overly high expectations
Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter16 January 2020
The job was very demanding and allowed very little time to have a personal life. The amount of unpaid hours that were needed to perform the tasks of the job were horrific.
productive
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff13 January 2020
it was good place to work and at fast pace at times there was good team work there too unloading wagons on to pallets ready for going to the warehouse
Good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent10 January 2020
It was a nice and welcoming place to work as the staff were very friendly. I did this job as work experience whilst I was still at school and it gave me a good balance between work and my personal life.
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge10 January 2020
I only worked there for few months, quite a hard job, specially over the Christmas period. Lots of unhappy people and the queue was always long. Can’t really say much about it.
Relaxed Place to Work
Part time Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 January 2020
Staff and management are nice, relaxed atmosphere 4hour days, 4-12hour contracts for floor staff, ideal for students or parents that want part time hours to fit around the kids
Sales Colleague
Sales Colleague (Former Employee) –  Cheshire9 January 2020
Working for the company was good, it was the store management and some colleagues that were the problem at the time. Luckily the area manager was supportive when I could get in contact with them.
Pros
Head office customer service were supportive
Cons
short breaks from the store manager
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge7 January 2020
The work its self was fine- just a regular retail job and I would have stayed longer but the pay is awful for under 18s- £4.88. I'm not sure if this improves after you are 18 but if it does I can't imagine its by much. The people I worked with were lovely and so were most of my managers, a typical day consisted of doing till work and tidying up clothes and the changing rooms.
Slow, Draining and Poor pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alfreton7 January 2020
Not a great company to work for, stock is overpriced and store is slow paced. Training is small and limited, not much support! Pay is awful £4.80 was the wage per hour and if younger than 18 you were not paid a bonus! Hours were dropped suddenly without warning and never received a new contract.
Dying company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hampshire4 January 2020
Genuinely surprised this company’s managed to survive in the fast fashion industry! Stores are tired and outdated. The only good thing is the staff...
Friendly and satisfying job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire3 January 2020
I enjoyed working with my colleagues and in the fashion industry .
It was close for me to get to.
I made some lovely friends.
I enjoyed the process of unpacking deliveries and seeing the new stock.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours.
Hard work pays
Temp Supervisor/Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh20 December 2019
Work hard you get noticed, quick progression of you want it enjoyable job as long as working with the right mind set. Pros hours and pay and work balance
Cons management
Shambles is the best way to sum
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff17 December 2019
Not peacocks but the recruitment, Me and my partner was told to buy our own boots so we did, brought food +drinks, weeklys on a train, flasks/gloves hat and scarf for them to tell us on the day of start there’s no work anymore. Travelled to Pontypridd 4 days out of 5, constantly things going wrong with rev such as wrong bank statement (if that’s even a thing) so unorganised there, didn’t even get the start and would never dream of going there
Was great
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood16 December 2019
Working at peacocks was great, the other members of staff were fun and friendly, seeing the same customers coming back in just to have a chat was nice, the hours were good, would work there again
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 December 2019
Good working environment, learnt how to give quality customer care good working team to be a part of enjoyed it very well settled in quickly as staff very supportave
Worst management
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire13 December 2019
Worked here for years, loved the place until new management. Talked about behind your back constantly, isolated from other work members to do jobs everyone could do, not appreciated at all, late shifts not shared out equally. Work friends were great but the rest was a nightmare. Wouldn’t recommend 😂😂
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Merseyside11 December 2019
The store teams are full of great hard working workers. Working with minimal staff a lot of the time. But the team moral makes this easier to handle..
Very poor pay
Key Holder/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teignmouth10 December 2019
Working at Peacocks was an easy job , however it paid really unfairly they will give you as little as possible in every way and they are one of few places that pay under 21's around £6 an hour, so if you're a 20 year old with bills to pay you wouldn't be able to afford it especially as there's very little over time.
My experience with training was also extremely poor it was a case of know what you're doing after being told once or just not do it at all and just stand around on the shop floor.
Productive Work Place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Pontypool, Torfaen8 December 2019
A typical working day would consist of a working team effort between staff to keep the shop running. From this experience I have developed my skills on woking independently but also how to work effectively within a team.
Great
Sales Assistant/stock room (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 December 2019
Would recommend anyone to work there friendly great environment to work always kept busy enjoyed the fast paced and time limit to get all task set by management