PDSA Employee Reviews

hardworking
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Andover, Hampshire18 July 2018
Doing volunteer work at pdsa was a learning experience for me, it helped me understand the meaning of giving back to the community.i know the charity is for animals and knowing im helping animals get better by selling items that people don't use anymore to others that want them, feels like a win win.
It's okay
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lisburn16 July 2018
I worked as a volunteer at the charity shop. Our jobs were to sort through and tag clothes, throw them out etc. Also included sorting through books and dvds. It was productive for the first few weeks but after a while it got repetitive and the team I worked with were quite quiet so there wasn't much fun to move the day along. The staff there were lovely though, I couldn't fault them, and the hours were flexible. I did learn customer service skills whilst I was there which are vital to any job, and it will look good on a CV.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Repetitive, boring.
lovely
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire13 July 2018
I just loved working for pdsa. everyone just got on with everyone it was like having a little work family. I worked on tills cashing up and banking, tagging items and pricing them.
sorting new goods and donations and merchandising displays. and i became a bronze and silver key volunteer means that i could lock up the shop
Pros
just had its own little kitchen
Cons
9am - 5pm
Don't bother
Ex Manager (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire5 July 2018
This is an appalling place to work. The Senior Management team are stuck in a bygone era and bullying and intimidation are rife. Short term planning means that people are let go of sometimes only months into their contracts.
Pros
Help people and animals
Cons
Terrible culture
Caring organisation
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  North East4 July 2018
Really caring and people focused organisation. They will always try to do the best by their people.

The organisation needs some maturity around being commercial but they are having a good attempt.
Pros
The People
Cons
Frustrating sometimes
Confidence Boost
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent4 July 2018
If you are looking to do volunteer work and you are interested in working for retail then working for a charity shop helps you build up the confidence, gives you the experience on what it's like working in a shop and it looks good on the cv.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
its only volunteer work
i don't know
Stockroom assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City4 July 2018
I just want to look at some jobs but you got me hear im in a hurry so ima put some random words but to sum up my experiences nice friendly staff always ready to be helpful
Siempre lo recomiendo
Voluntaria como asistente en ventas (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire3 July 2018
Me sirvió para perfeccionar mi inglés. El ambiente era muy bueno.
Productive and friendly workplace
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 June 2018
The staff were lovely, greeted and trained me with positive reinforcement and encouragement. I felt like one of the family. Was very sad to leave such a lovely group of people.
Pros
Discounts on in-store purchases
Cons
No salary - voluntary work only
laid back and easy
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire23 June 2018
it is an easy place to work at as long as you are willing to volunteer. it is a great place to work as you know that all money raised helps support animals in need.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
none!
Volunteer
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross17 June 2018
This job, i was a volunteer to gain work experience. but this job was fun because the staff are nice and you get along with everyone. its a good place to gain work experience in retailing.
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
saturday
OK for someone with flexible hours
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth16 June 2018
Working hours can vary from ones you are scheduled to work.

Overall the PDSA is a satisfactory place to work, it pays well and hours can be fairly flexible, however I would not recommend the job to someone who needs fixed hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
constantly changing hours
Very enjoyable.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kirkcaldy13 June 2018
I enjoyed my voluntary work. I loved helping customers with their purchases of clothing, and helping other members of staff organise clothes. It gave me a good insight to working in a small clothing shop.
volunteer
Voluntary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portishead, Somerset6 June 2018
As a volunteer there is no monetary benefits, however sometimes would would be given a item of clothing of your choosing as well as free food from time to time.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
no pay
It was fun and benefitial
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2018
Great for anyone looking for retail experience or just wanting to volunteer. Colleagues were incredibly nice as well as the working environment. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
Good if you have a lot of spare time.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mexborough, South Yorkshire21 May 2018
A typical day of work consisted of easy work to do with minimal task that did not require a lot of stress, I learnt customer service skills and good communication skills. Management was sufficient, workplace culture was alright, hardest part of the job was dealing with vigorous customers and the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving early.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Obnoxious customers
Fun, culturally appraoachable
Retail Assistant (volunteering) (Former Employee) –  Bognor Regis14 May 2018
working in this charity shop allowed me to meet new people everyday and support a charity that helps so much for animals in need. it helped me gain the retail experience I needed to get a salary job.
Pros
charitable
Cons
short shifts
Was good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom6 May 2018
All the people where kind but they didn't tell me everything that was going on I liked it there because everyone would make you laugh no matter what the where all really kind
Pros
All kind and caring
nice atmosphere
customer assisstant (Former Employee) –  Chester-le-Street, Durham2 May 2018
its a nice atmosphere and staff are friendly, its something nice to do if you're bored or wanting to look for work experience as it is voluntary meaning you dont get paid so if you are looking for paid work this inst not for you
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire30 April 2018