PDSA Employee Reviews

enjoyed my time
volunteer (Former Employee) –  waltham cross9 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at pdsa because I leant a lot about retail and how dill with customers. And I had to sort out the clothes and tidy the shop .and do window displays.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
didnt get paid
Relaxed environment, straight forward tasks & easy shifts
Cashier & stock management (Former Employee) –  Morriston26 March 2018
A general day would consist of operating the till, cycling stock if it was seasonal or been on the shelf/rack for a little while.

As I was there on a voluntary basis for work experience, shifts were flexible and it was an enjoyable place to gain skills and knowledge in that role.
great people to work with
vetinarinary nurse (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear25 March 2018
The job is trying and hard work interacting with people is often a challenge but achieving the results is the ultimate goal. The welfare of the animal is paramount and they way to achieve this is often difficult but there are ways to achieve this goal if you want to. The charity is magnificent and delivers a fabulous service to all I am proud to be part of it .
Pros
great people
Cons
hard physical work
A warm and inspiring atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness25 March 2018
I found that working at the PDSA I became harder working and more caring due to my motivating and friendly colleagues and managers. I believe I was given right guidance and responsibilities to develop in my role.
Pros
Developing customer services and other retail skills
Absolutely Adored My Job Here
Veterinary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 March 2018
PDSA is a brilliant company to work for as every day feels entirely different to the next. If you like a fast paced working environment with a large team and hospital setting then this is perfect for you. I trained here as a veterinary care assistant and thoroughly loved my job role- they entrust you with a lot so be willing to deal with certain pressures and embrace the environment you're in because I have never felt so proud to work with a company such as this one.
Pros
Fast paced, very rewarding, educating clients daily, each day feels different
Cons
Long hours, can be tiring
fun
Xmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh6 March 2018
it as ok but I volunteered and there was one of the managers who was not very nice but all the other managers were great. It was for charity so happy to help out
Pros
it was for charity
Cons
manager not nice
Sociable
Charity Shop Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent5 March 2018
Everyday is a bit different. The manager is very suited to the job. The organised a little bit of chaos is very functional in the backroom/stockroom. Tagging the clothes is easy enough. I enjoy talking with other staff members.
Pros
The manager and assistant manager are well organised.
Cons
None.
fun n frendly
Store assistant (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset28 February 2018
its a good place to learn new skills and meet new people and to make friends its also a very fexable place with hours of work and understanding of peoples needs
good way to gain experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester25 February 2018
all staff are friendly and are patient and understanding when you're learning new skills, such as how to use the till. some days can be slow but you will often get a few people come in at once and then it'll die down. all round great and friendly atmosphere
productive workplace
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Maidstone5 February 2018
When I was Volunteering at PDSA, I got trained to use the till and how to use the tag gun which was a challenge. A typical day was an early start and a early afternoon finish. The hardest part was trying to place payments into the till with a long queue because of the pressure, however everyone was really nice and kind. My most enjoyable part was meeting new people every day and talking to them about their day and week.
Pros
Early starts
Cons
hard working
No opportunities for advancement
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston1 February 2018
I was there for over 5 years as a volunteer and when ever a job came up I was not even shortlisted for an interview despite the fact that I used to work in the shop alone for a period of 6 months while the manager was upstairs steaming and undertaking administation duties.
Pros
None.
Cons
Did not feel appreciated.
it was good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow29 January 2018
I learnt a lot about retail and how the working world is from stock room to customer service PDSA set me up to be able to work well in the fast paced profession that is retail.
Nice work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Shields, Tyne and Wear17 January 2018
I worked on weekends as a volunteer when I was fourteen,
I really struggled to fit in and felt like a problem more than someone who was helping most of the time but all the other volunteers were lovely and the staff were very supportive and often offered me help if iIwas struggling. the best part about working there was definitely when you had nice customers it would always be nice to see the ones that came in often.
Lovely friendly place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clacton-on-Sea, Essex16 January 2018
I have learnt to use a till, steam clothes.
The people who are work with are friendly and always happy.
Lots of hard work, lifting and carrying, I enjoy working there as every day is different.
Pros
Free tea and cakes
Micro Management from the Regional Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London4 January 2018
This job was very difficult having previously worked for a similar Charity in New Zealand i found the PDSA to be micro managed by the Regional Manager and not enough attention paid to the Manager on the shop floor.
A typical day was ensuring all paperwork was up to date (of which there was far to much) making sure that the shop was well stocked with up to date stock. Receiving donated goods in and making sur all sorted and ready to be displayed in store.
I believe the culture of the job went hand in hand with hardest paet of the job which was not having the ability to run the shop in relation to the area it was in.
The most enjoyable part was the fact that the people i worked with all had the same frame of mid that we cared about the welfare and care of Animals
Pros
The job was satisfying in as much as Animals have no voice and we provided one for them
Cons
Micro Management of the worst kind
develops confidence
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Peterlee3 January 2018
i gained the most experience while working for the PDSA. My confidence was improved and I made loads of friends. I learnt how to handle money and how to work in a fast paced environment. I developed teamwork skills
workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 December 2017
Paperwork easy
Heavy lifting
Keeping stock sorted and rotated

Management not friendly and makes you feel undervalued
If your a good Manager you should work just as equally as the others
I have learned that having worked there it does not matter how many hard working years you put into the company you have No words of thanks or recognition that you even existed when you need to leave i e because of health etc.... you are not given a card or even had a Goodbye said to you by Higher Management
Disgusting !!!!!!!
Pros
If you live local
Cons
Bargains
really nice staff
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Peterlee27 December 2017
great place to work and learn, i was trusted to become part of the team and after a few weeks was even trusted to do cash handling and customer service.
Work at pdsa boscombe
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boscombe, Dorset18 December 2017
I started working pdsa in boscombe on November 28 2016 the first day was trying i learn so much one my frist day . Every member of suff are so much fun we can have big laugh and we all get along with each other. The manager anna is so kind and friendly and the dep manger saffron was the kind and friendly and working there helps me so much with my mental health and i have meet friends working there
Pros
Everyone working there is kind and friendly
productive
Veterinary Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2017
working at the pdsa, is challenging and fulfilling, every day is a busy day and also very rewarding. the love and care for animals is our only goal. we simply help clients who are in need of our veterinary services providing full veterinary treatment with only a contribution from clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PDSA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2