PDSA Employee Reviews

so so
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hereford26 November 2018
loved the staff manager was a cow happy work place had great fun Working as a volunteer serving and assisting customers, till work, money handling, banking, receiving deliveries, pricing items, making the tea.
Pros
friendley staff
Cons
boss
calm workplace
Shop Assitant Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Peterlee22 November 2018
very calm and collective work place, did enjoy my time there. No day was the same. Very lovely caring staff, would recommend working there defiantly..
A good place to work
VETERINARY NURSE (MATERNITY COVER) (Former Employee) –  Warley15 November 2018
I enjoyed working here as everyone was friendly and helpful. The team always knew what area they were due to work in and the shifts rotated fairly.
They helped with any training required to do the job, and you was never expected to do anything your were unsure of, unless trained properly.
Pros
Wide range of experience.
Productive and joyful workplace
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire14 November 2018
My typical day at work consisted of organising racks and shelves to maintain the visual appeal of the store, helping customers with questions, problems and complaints in person, greeting customers and ascertaining customers' needs, developing positive customer relationships through friendly greetings and excellent service answering questions regarding the store and its merchandise, handling donations received by the shop and ensured all of them have been logged in, operating the cash register and handling finances.I strongly believe my voluntary service at the PDSA shop has not only greatly improved my teamwork skills through my interactions with other staff but also aided my independence skill- as I was left in charge of the shop whilst the manager did paperwork in her office. As a student I also regarded this experience as an educational one. Although I faced challenges in the workplace, I would quickly find a way to overcome them which would further improve my educational experience and give me additional insight into what it's like in the 'working world'.
Fun working environement
Retail Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire14 November 2018
This was a volunteer placement which allowed me to gain new skills, socially and physically. I loved helping out and meeting new people. The worker in charge gave out tasks to complete around the shop and I took pride in completing them to the best of my ability.
Volunteer
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Shirley, West Midlands6 November 2018
During my volunteer time with the PDSA I learned the process of receiving donations, sorting, tagging, pressing and eventually serving on t he shop floor and helping customers
Would give zero stars if i could.
Pdsa (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire2 November 2018
Management are bullies who treat their staff as inconveniences or act like they are owed something. Talk behind each other's backs. Are rude about volunteers. The company offers no rewards of any kind. Minimum wage for paid staff, and no purchase discounts for anyone including volunteers. Stock is expensive compared to other charity shops and a shocking amount of donations end up in the bin. Have worked at the company a while and have nothing nice to say.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newport28 October 2018
Really good and fun enviroment handled with customers
Fun and lively staff who are always welcoming towards people and customers
Hours were flexiable
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Packed environment
Poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands19 October 2018
The manager wasn't very helpful. each day was different as it would be busy one day and empty another. I learned how to deal with customers who had complaints and how to help others who were donating items.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
not paid as it was a voluntary job
It was good work experience
Voluntary Worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire15 October 2018
My day at work at P D S A. I came in and checked inside and outside is clean. Made tea or coffee. Sorted out saleable stuff and bagged up recyleable and weighed up and stacked up. I also went to the bank . I also cleaned the store and took clothes to the shop floor to hang up and other saleable merchanise to display on shop floor
1 week work experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham10 October 2018
This was a weeks work experience through school. I learnt how to operate a till and how to provide friendly customer service.
The staff were kind friendly and diverse
Perfect voluntary job!
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham4 October 2018
At such a young age with no experience in the workplace, working at my local PDSA gave me knowledge in working in retail, dealing with customers and introduced me to working with team members.
Pros
Giving back to the less fortunate
Cons
If not busy can be hard to find things to do
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk4 October 2018
It was a fun place to work because i worked with kind people who made me comfortable while showing me how to do things such as how to work the till and where to put items in the store.
Good cause
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brighton29 September 2018
the management are amazing, do the best job of making you feel welcome and give you an amazing volunteering experience.
help you learn about retail in every way they can to prepare you for first employment and is a really good first experience of retail.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
unpaid
Good company
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield28 September 2018
Good company to work for, the only reason I llef was to go back to College to learn the IT trade with a view to getting into a better, paid job. with good prospects.

I got on well with most of my Colleagues and the customers.
Fun work place, friendly staff
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford27 September 2018
It's was an amazing time in PDSA. The management is friendly and helpful.
I like work there because it's busy and hard work.
I learned a lot and improve my English.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
20 hours a week.
Good place to volunteer for under 16s
Stock Processor (Former Employee) –  Leigh-on-Sea20 September 2018
I worked as a volunteer in the stock processing during my Bronze duke of Edinburgh award. The manager there was very friendly, and so was my coworker. I enjoyed tagging the clothes that were donated, and sometimes in each donation bag you get a sense of the type of person the person that donated was. Unfortunately due to my age there wasn't much else I could do, I would have preferred to develop my social skills on the main shop floor, but it was nice knowing I could help animals in need by working there.
Pros
Flexible hours, free tea and biscuits, helping vets help pets.
Cons
N/a
retail
Voluntary Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  clayton street newcastle upon tyne20 September 2018
l done steaming clothes and tagging clothes and also sorted bric a brac out for shop floor and l also priced items.it was great working with the staff there got on well with them it was a laugh
great voluteer work
1ET - Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough7 September 2018
friendly staff, with great working hours fully flexable to your standards. non paid as a full charity orginisation in a charity ahop. would recomend for anyone looking to volunteer.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
non paid
friendly team and enjoyable company
Registered Veterinary Nurse (RVN) (Current Employee) –  Romford7 September 2018
depending on practice - sociable hours, great team, learned a lot of valuable nursing skills.

most difficult part of the job is dealing with difficult clients

most rewarding and enjoyable is working with a great team of people to help patients in need and get them back to there normal selves.
Pros
great team
Cons
ever changing management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PDSA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2