PayPoint Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
MI Analyst (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City28 June 2018
Working in a progressive workplace, that is looking to move forward whilst meeting demands of key stakeholders. The staff come together to meet demands and support where they can.
Pros
Good team ethic
Cons
No reward, low salary
It's ok
Technical Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City3 January 2018
I learned alot of customer service skills but i feel that they do not think about the retailers as much as they should. The staff are also left out and we are not paid enough for what we do.
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City19 October 2017
Working at PayPoint is enjoyable, everyone here is helpful & friendly & understanding, work can be hard but there are always people to help & support you, from the start of the day you sit at your own desk take calls help customers then after lunch you continue. The environment is very nice, with central heating and air conditioning, a good amount of workspace and a kitchen and café makes the pace feel like home.
Pros
regular breaks and long lunch
friendly and happy workplace
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire27 April 2017
the job role involved a variety of jobs. this ranged from answering the phone, arranging commercial deals, performing credit checks, updating in house databases. inbound and outbound calls. there was a lot of support from team leaders. The hardest part of the job is the language barrier most of the time. the most enjoyable was the discussions with retailer and field reps.
The chance to develop skill sets that you did not think you would
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire/ Bedfordshire or Bucks14 March 2017
I have worked for the Company for 10 years and in this time I have had many opportunities to develop and grow, from Contact Center management to IT Service Management . Skill sets that I have developed include:
Change Management
Operations Management in both It and Customer Service sector
Dipped into project work and implementation
Service Desk Management

I have enjoyed working for them as it is a fast paced and growing business, unfortunately I am caught up in the restructuring which has lead to redundancy for me.
Pros
Share scheme
Cons
Long hours no lunch time too many meetings
Constant Change
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  South of England20 January 2017
Having spent a number of years within the company I experienced a vast number of changes . Having joined the company some Months after its creation I was part of team tasked with rolling out the service across the UK . This was both challenging and exciting and suited me as an individual working almost all the time on my own initiative . As the business developed it became far more structured and processed despite constantly changing priorities . Whilst the executive management remained constant the management of the business changed and therefore both direction and culture changed along with it with no real alignment of all the different strands of the business
My time spent within the business certainly helped me develop as a Manager and seeing the development of individuals and teams I managed was a reward in its self . I found an overall lack of focus on the customer difficult to reconcile with mu own ethic and principles
Pros
Cons
Lack of direction
Good overall
IT Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City9 November 2016
Shift work means the role is hard however the company does provide a good platform for progression. I didn't want to write a review...
intense , fun , productive
Retail finance administrator (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City26 April 2016
Working at pay point was different and fun, have to dress smart, i learned a lot with computers and have different clients to deal with.I was give a lot of paper work to do which i was up for it love a challenge, i managed direct debit payments so that was the hardest bit because i had to make sure they were the right and same details the client gave me. I enjoyed everything about it but i was to get in to the fashion industry something i love doing and enjoy even more.
Pros
lunch card
Cons
Once a great company, now a prison
manager (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City19 January 2016
Paypoint was at one time a very good place to work with great opportunities and a good culture but since losing the MD and several senior members has descended into the worst place I've had the misfortune to work at. Currently under the iron hand of a "crisis management" project, it's a daily mix of dreadful black cloud atmosphere, the constant fear and threat of being fired, no direction and even less care for staff and is akin to a sentence than a contract. The directors have nothing but disdain for the workers whom they see as a stain on their feet and that is compounded by their ineptitude at running the company as anything other than "into the ground". Senior management have no clue whatsoever, legitimately no clue and are so far detached from reality it's almost non-believable. Avoid working here at all costs.
Pros
Bupa
Cons
Work/life balance, staff treatment, below average pay, glass ceiling
Productive, Busy environment
Administration temp (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City30 July 2015
Would handle any general office admin in the Pay by Phone department.
Would deal with customer complaints where they had accidentally over paid for parking. I would then have to fill out a refund request form with relevant information and send it to the council to authorise the refund. If it was accepted then I would then proceed with the refund. If it was not authorised I would have to explain to the customer why it was not a valid request.
Good first stepping stone to working life.
ATM Estate - Network co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, ENG20 June 2015
I am enthusiastic about the current role I am in. The daily challenge of identifying issues and turning them around to a productive resolution is very satisfying.
The day begins with pulling reports and identifying poor performing ATM sites on my Estate. Priority is given to sites where this is unusual and contact is made. Any issues collated will be channelled to relevant departments and monitored through to resolution.
A lot of work is done through emails sent from our Contact Centre. The emails would be prioritised and then dealt with. Commercial decisions, contract renewals are made through site assessments and communication with Retailers and internal teams.
My experience within Paypoint has enhanced my ability to work autonomously and as a team. It has also improved my commercial awareness and negotiation techniques.
Paypoint as a company is relaxed with their staff, there is always fun activities organised, fund raisers and is predominately young employees.
The hardest part of my current role is implementing improved procedures. Change is not easily adapted and takes too long to put into effect.
The most enjoyable part is making a difference, whether it be turning a failing site around to performing well or seeing improvement on a change that was instigated by me.
Pros
Free Gym, Subsidised Canteen, Parking, Private Health
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Salaries (junior levels), No development within
40 years of customer related problem solving
Business support team co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire14 December 2014
On a daily basis I will run reports to see where the agent site problems are then start to deal with them by phone or letter/email if not contactable. If necessary I will pass the site details to other colleagues if the problems more fits into their business area.
The problems are mostly generic but some do throw up new and rare situations that require thinking outside of the box to solve. My career of working in sales and customer services over the last the last 40 years helps me solve problems.
I have been a trainee back in the early 70's then junior management rolls and store and customer service management rolls finishing up as deputy are co-ordinator running 14 sites covering the whole of north London for London Electricity My time at PayPoint has been mostly working on my own dealing with agent, customer & client problem solving and in more recent years working within a team co-ordinating all functions and helping others with on job problem solving. I get on well with management as I have also been a senior manager with my previous employer and have respect from all colleagues @ PayPoint because of my on job working knowledge.
3rd party problem solving can sometimes prove difficult as you have to get contacts from other company's to buy into problems and help. Like for instance getting phone/data lines installed or fixed urgently as our terminals must have a working line to transact.
Completing the daily problems and getting the satisfied site manager/staff back working and helping them achieve bottom line results and also ensuring PayPoint also achieves profit margins.
Pros
PayPoint provides all employees free hot and cold drinks all day long, They also thrive on helping all staff achieve higher levels by paying for courses to attend.
Cons
Non stop problem solving can me daunting but the end results help with any down side effects