Paymentshield

Paymentshield Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
This job where I was a trainer was fun and productive for many years until 2008 when I was made redundant following the financial crisis of that year.
Pros
fun
Cons
wages imited
Typical corporate company, every year they make redundancies especially in certain departments. Some of the management are very good others are not. If your face fits and you keep on certain peoples good sides you will be ok.
Paymentshield can be a fun and interesting place to work. The staff are great but in recent years job security for all staff has been a cause for concern.
Only been here a week so everything I’ve rated as 3 stars is only because I’ve not had any experience with that yet.

Having previously worked for an insurance company (which I won’t say what it is but it rhymes with Shmendsleigh) working here has been a breath of fresh air.

There are targets we need to hit, the work is a nice challenge and the management are active in helping everyone on my team and making sure we are following the correct procedures. We are given options to proceed onto other things early on but there is definitely no pressure. Any issues which have cropped up in the office (system crash for example) have been resolved quickly and everyone has been informed of what’s happening.

After almost a year working for a company where hard work didn’t pay off, mental illness was openly mocked and the team leaders spent the entire time eating food and shouting across the room at each other and then left scratching their heads wondering why nothing was getting done and people were miserable, it’s refreshing to come into an office and feel like people actually care
Never work, terrible work ethic and horrible conditions to work in. I

would never recommend anyone to work here - avoid at all costs.
A small regulated company that hasn't got a clue about proper regulations; no proper process maps, stuff seems to be made up on the spot by management in breach of FCA and FOS regulations.
Face fits or mates get promoted - not best person for the role; example, telephone rep promoted as teamleader even though not hit target since taking role nor passed call checks.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many for this little box.
good enough - certain teams seem to be more closer than others. Overall the culture is poor as long term staff gets away by doing a minimum work.
Some people are very unapproachable.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
unprofessional
I worked there for 2 years and first impressions were that everyone was friendly until you realise everyone has their own agenda. Poor leadership, unprofessional manner and backstabbing from the top down. It's like a playground for people who fail to gain employment in reputable companies. I agree that the HR function is a joke. It's a breeding ground for oddballs and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wants to protect their own cv and reputation.

Avoid.
Pros
Canteen.
Cons
Terrible leadership, low pay, unprofessional, no progression
Most people are fine, work loads are fine, but do not get a job here if you have a long term illness or condition, they punish it hard. completely heartless and incompetent HR team
Pros
hour and half breaks if you do full day
Cons
the list is too long
Strong culture in displaying good behaviours in line with the company values.
Emphasis on delivering the best outcome with minimal costs
Pros
Free fruit every month
Cons
Rural location and public transport links are minimal
responsible for maintaining and growing new buisness. Overcoming objections, negoitating to close the deal - whilst keeping the deal compliant.
Pros
selling a great product
Cons
low commison structure
see previous review as its the same

managing calls incoming, training new staff and dealing with queries with clients & brokers on Insurance policies
Pros
money
Cons
bad management
I am currently a full time parent so working hours would have to be in the evening and or weekend day or evening.

My previous role was in Insurance where I was responsible for giving Insurance Brokers & networks advice on our products,dealing with referrals to and from underwriters and the claims team. I would handle queries about our policies and give customers accurate information on their policies and services.

I learnt about Insurance policies, guidelines set up by FCA. Customer care, the customer journey and various processes and vast knowledge of Terms & conditions and the companies products.

I managed new starters to the company giving them 1-2-1 training. When I worked within Claims for Mortgage products I managed call backs and chasing evidence for clients claiming on their policy.

The hardest part of the job was when a customer was upset due to events in their lives and dealing with challenges the Brokers represented.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers & brokers happy, achieving my targets, working as part of a great team.
Pros
Offer to earn extra money
Cons
all night shifts
It is impossible to satisfy management as they only work off negativity, pulling you down rather than praise.
You will not be able to progress within this company unless your face fits! No matter how hard you work and exceed expectations.
Pros
Sick Pay - 25 days holiday
Cons
Progression/Promotion
The atmosphere in this office was always pretty good. They had just the right amount of office beauties and just enough competition to make it fun. Inter-office romance was a common trend to conversations around the coffee machines and it made it a fun (yet sometimes explosive) environment to work in. If you don't like everyone knowing your business then it may not be for you but they are like a big family here and the gossip is marvellous to observe.

There is a lot of promotion from within so you will find here that a lot of managers are promoted one level above their abilities so you will receive a lot of delegation of duties which will look great on your CV but don't expect your managers to be thankful. You will also find a good deal of middle managers to be pretty females. You can draw your own conclusion as to whether that relates to the promoters being sleazy men or not.
A Typical day would start with inputting my new claims onto the core systems and then reviewing all the information received. Then either contact the customer / third parties for any further information relating to the claim and update the customer regarding their claim. Learning to manage the daily workload i.e.daily post, e-mails telephone calls and new claims, given on top of around a 200 customer case load can be difficult, but finding the balance between all this is crucial to being organised.

Hardest Part would be dealing with difficult customers when already knowing their going through a difficult time, but knowing when to show empathy to the customer is key to keeping a good relationship with your customers.

I love the working own on initiative however working within a good hard working team is always a positive.

Most enjoyable is when a customers claim has come to the end, and with your help there time of unemployment / sickness has been a lot less stressful due to the professional service a claim handler has given them.
a good place to work if you like bonus' and the money, working environment often seemed quite down a bogged down with low moral within the outbound department.

other departments did always seem to be in high spirits.
Cons
hours where from 10:30am to 7pm
I worked in Outbound for over a year and I hated it .... to me paymentshield is like marmite you either love it or hate it.
Long hours and very boring its hard selling a financial product that is over priced
Pros
on site canteen
Cons
long hours and large staff turnover so your team leaders change monthly
Busy workload
Great colleagues

On site training programmes
Pros
subsidised restaurant on site
Cons
no immediate parking available
At Paymentshield the days are very similar. I outbound call around 100 people per day offering them quotations for their House Insurance.
Management and my colleagues are fantastic individuals. Everyone at the company is friendly and approachable and are a pleasure to be apart of.

The hardest part of the job will be continuous objections that customers give me on a daily basis. It can be challenging at times to maintain a high level of performance, however, with a strong mentality this can be achieved.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having some good conversations with customers explaining to them how beneficial the company could be for them. Especially if they're going to save money or get a better product.
Pros
not a bad salary cionsidering the work you have to do. holidays are good also.
Cons
unsociable hours, working so far from home and getting in in the evenings are hard to deal with at times.
co workers were great and a great team enviroment however the department I worked in had very high staff turn over I had 6 team leaders in 15 months and 5 new bonus structures
Pros
fantastic canteen
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paymentshield. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7