Payment Sense Employee Reviews

Dont't work here
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  uk18 October 2019
Don't work with this company, after working for them I lost my sister during my time with payment sense, I had to take a few days f and i was back working in 3 days so didn't even give it a chance to sink in, in this time I had to take on my sister's kids, 3 weeks later one of my sisters kids ended up in hospital as I was the main guardian now I had to be there as she was in an induced coma, I didn't have a mobile at the time so my contact was via my laptop through email, I had kept in touch almost every day up until my niece took a turn in hospital and her lungs fail resulting in 1 lung collapsing completely, My battery had died on my laptop and I had been in the hospital for 48 hours straight once I got home i sent an email out of complete exhaustion handing in my regisnation as i felt i was letting the company down, but i then found emails in my spam folder from my manager to inform me i had already been let go, i contacted the company to see if we could appeal this and give me another chance to remdeem my self and openly and honestly said i was tired and i was feeling like i let them down for being of when really they shouldnt have been a thought in my head as I was dealing with a very sick girl who had only lost her mother, but the lack of support I got from my manager and the HR team was gross, the appeal came back that I was not going to be re considered and that I was getting let go due to the fact I handed in my regsignation but heres the best reason, i have my own company thats internet based so i use my laptop becuase i was posting things on social media bearing  more... in mind i am sitting in a hospital 24 hours a day pretty much with my niece it was simply not good enough that i was on social media and not in work, now 1 more thing my buineses partner also has access to my social media and he also was posting things on it work related nothing to do with any thing else. But yes to cut a long story short unless your in there every day busting your balls to line your managers pocket you are simply no good to them, so if you take a job with them make your family well aware if they are sick or if they die or anything they need to remember there now 2nd to Payment sense. AVOID AVOID AVOID  less
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull9 October 2019
Without a doubt the best job I have ever had. The atmosphere, staff, rate of pay, everything was amazing!

Only reason for leaving was re-location- extremely sad to go!
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Westbourne Terrace13 August 2019
Great company to work for but I faced redundancy due to change in business strategy. the crowd is young and people are friendly. The beer fridge is open 4 pm on Fridays !
Pros
Good managers
Excellent team of Staff to work with.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  North West.22 July 2019
Everything you will need to set up your own Business.

Ongoing Training.
Product advise and solutions always at hand.
The list of information is so vast, i would definatly recommend
Paymentsense to anyone.

I have been away from Paymentsense for a good number of months now because of Illness, but i cant wait to return to the fold.
Innovative & Fun place to work
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London16 July 2019
Paymentsense is customer focused, employee driven, innovative and fun organisation. With firm goal to be become industry leader, Paymentsense allows employees to have free hand to bring new culture, technology, experiments to table for concluding more better solutions & offerings for end customers. Simply brilliant.
Do not work here
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire1 July 2019
If you do not fit with what the management class as a fit they will find any excuse to illy you or not support you. The support you do get is only the negative and they play favoritism to the people they do like. Former employees who have a great deal of knowledge about the business were bullied and then fired to get them out so they didn’t need to promote them.
Promised excellent commissions but not enough client liaison care
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincs30 June 2019
Never again the RSM does not get involved and once you sign them up you have to everything afterwards to save the deal . This can take days or weeks and then your commissions go down . It’s a joke
Funwork place and Great rewards
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London11 June 2019
Cannot say anything bad about PS, had a great time there and earnt corporate money but in a relaxed but competitive environment and helping many customers. I would say the rules are fair , and the company has grown massively in the time since I have left arguably 2nd only to Worldpay.

Overall good earning potentials (seriously good)
Great culture
Pros
Directors Club
Cons
Payments is a highly competitive environment with many players.
Not sure about this place at all
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Westbourne Park Station24 May 2019
I didn't enjoy working here - people don't realise sometimes that its the managers which have a negative impact on the department and its a shame as the management when I was there was not fit in my eyes. I didn't feel comfortable working here (bullied feeling) and didn't have the support to try and tell other managers above how I felt as they were just as bad!
Wouldn't recommend this place to work. I would never apply to work here again.
A terrible place to work
BDM (Former Employee) –  North West21 March 2019
Don’t let your sales figures drop because they will drop you straight away. I’ve never seen so many people come and go it’s like Euston train station with people coming and going I was there 3 years and I was 4th longest serving my area there absolute no support from them your out on your own full stop. And don’t your dare ask them for expenses that you are owed.
Pros
Free pen
Just don't do it
Customer adviser (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire4 March 2019
Provide good salaries and promote a good working environment involving staff but these perks hide the underlying issues.

If you're not a member of management you should do as you're told and not be outspoken or they will make up a reason to terminate any of the multiple temporary contracts given to advisers, sickness policy is poor and if you had lost your voice and offered to do emails only they would suggest you shouldn't be at work but then you would likely be sacked for being off.

Team leaders do what they have to and most seemed pretty good but the higher management leave a lot to be desired.

Dealing with customers is predominantly about sales agents mis-selling contracts and pci compliance which customers get fined for and a charged for a service to help them understand it, other queries are about accounting or technical support (the machines seem to have a lot of issues), you are expected to take lots of calls and do detailed notes but you are hounded if you take more than 5 mins off the phone to complete notes.

The training is quite long because there is so much to learn but it is poor and you spend so much time asking everyone else questions that you weren't taught.

Quality scores require lots of unnecessary points to be covered and the coaching and support is quite poor.

The salary, free fruit and drinks and beer fridays are there to distract the staff from the multiple downsides to the company, if they truly had their customers best interests at heart then they would have stopped mis-selling by now and stopped doing contracts that automatically add
  more... on multiple services that are rarely even discussed with customers.

In all call centres I have worked it has been the best paid and seemed great to start with but it turned out to be one of the worst, it's easy to see why so many new agents came and went within a matter of months - don't waste the space on your cv.
Pros
Salary, free stuff
Cons
Poor ethics, its about the money and not the staff
Do not work for them
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside26 February 2019
Don't be fooled with the free drinks and fruit and beer on Fridays. Was on my way to work when I received a call saying they no longer needed me. Stating I had cost the company money and I didn't have anything to do with money!! My job was to help merchants with faulty card machines. I wasn't the only one they canned. Do not work for this company they do not care about their staff!
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
Poor management, no support
Did not like company ethics
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire19 February 2019
The company has 700-800 BDMs misselling card machines to different merchants. They do not advise the penalties of cancellation and when merchants do want to cancel they are slapped with a hefty bill. Also the PCI charge is bullied upon merchants, who have to pay for a different service to merely understand what the PCI is.
The culture of the place is great because of the people but the management is horrendous.
Pros
Free coffee, free fruit
Cons
Management, lack of training support
Top rate training and incredible place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull11 November 2018
They are completely focused on outstanding customer service, getting it right the first time and keeping the business positively motivated 247.
Their training is top notch and improving everyday.
Freedom of speech and they take everything mentioned by the staff to heart and engage the staff regularly on the company, the future etc
Honestly cannot fault them.
Pros
Free lunches during training, constant training to improve customer experience.
Cons
None.
productive
Collector (Former Employee) –  london2 September 2018
Nice Environment, young atmosphere and very friendly colleagues.
very colourful workspace
large variety of food for lunch breaks
friendly management
Good product
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Devon21 August 2018
Good company overall with very good competitive product however they did back track on origional financial package offer.
Working from home and targeting areas in my region looking for new business and referrals
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
pay
Excellent work place
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Greater London20 May 2018
I am proud to be part of a professional team, carrying out all installations and

training personally, including assistance with PCI compliance avoiding fines.

Funding is through First Data or Global Payments allowing me maximum flexibility to tailor a solution to

meet your needs and make your business more profitable.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Needs more attention on the begginers
Great company to work for
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City3 May 2018
Great company to work for.

Work life balance is great and flexible, which suits my family and personal circumstance. I plan my own diary and appointments and can work day and or night depending on what is suitable to myself and my prospective customers.

The Customer service desk, and the tech support team are always on hand to provide guidance and support with any applications or prospecting queries. In addition, each person is assigned a coach at the start under a manager who oversees their development.
Regular trainings are available both online and residential and each person can choose which one suits their circumstance and career needs.
Pros
Commission paid within days of sale.
Cons
There may be down times
Self employed
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London20 April 2018
This company provided in house training and gave you some support within your first week on the job.

Be prepared to adapt to changes very quickly, very challenging and can be rewarding for the right candidate.
Fantastic self employed role
Concession Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire28 February 2018
I joined Paymentsense as a Business Development Manager in February 2017 after attending a course in Hull.

The course was brilliant and I started to think quickly about my leads and how to build my pipeline. I did this from scratch and to date boast almost 200 customers.

How did I do it? Full working week, canvassing for new business by networking, using the referral scheme Paymentsense pay for, talking to new businesses and making sure everyone I knew, knew exactly what I did for a job.

I read the reviews on here and all I see is people making excuses for why it’s not worked for them. Their loss. You’re self employed, so get off your backside and make it happen! And stop filling other potential BDMs with your negativity. You’re too lazy for the job and it’ll always be someone else’s fault but your own.

I love my job and some of the people I’ve met at Paymentsense will be friends for life.

It’s hard work, but so so worth it. I don’t regret joining one bit.

(And for anyone wondering if I’m in HR trying to boost the recruitment, I’m not! I’m a real seller - based in Stamford, Lincolnshire. Worked my way up to Coach and now run a sales team. It can happen!)
Pros
Support, earnings, team, products.
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payment Sense. Our community is ready to answer.