Paydens Ltd

Paydens Ltd Employee Reviews

Staff are all unhappy due to the stresses of the job and no support from higher avenues. The pharmacy I worked in didn’t have a manager for months so was running on locum pharmacists day to day. The customers pick up on the stress of the place and also quite often become aggregated and aggressive themselves as they are having to wait too long or because they are getting different advice from different pharmacists day to day. I was there two years and never received any training at all should have completed my level 2 within the 1st 6 months after nagging I just got told they would look into it when I left they tried to charge me a fee because I had started the course which never happened. One of the most stressful unhappy places I have ever worked in.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Low pay stressful no training head office lack support
I worked for Paydens for nearly two years. Pay is shocking for what is expected of you. Not a good company to work for personally. Your job isn’t safe at all, no sense of job security. I loved the team I worked with but as for head office and management they all make you feel you aren’t good enough, show no appreciation and are not supportive at all. Avoid working for this company because if your face doesn’t fit you will know about it.
Not pleasant working conditions or atmosphere. Very poorly paid, no matter what role you will be all paid the same hourly rate - Driver to dispenser! Long hours just to be able to earn enough to live. The managers tend to just be a Pharmacist, so no management/ personnel training.
Pros
Cons
Too many, poorly paid for long hours.
Where do I begin? Staff are all on minimum wage even after getting their dispensing qualification (techs earn MARGINALLY more) - unless they were originally working for one of the companies that Paydens bought out & managed to keep their old contracts... This means that you may find yourself in a branch where people in the same role as you are earning considerably more! Unbelievably stressful work environment in busier branches, being signed off with stress and anxiety is commonplace. Insidious culture of bullying that goes right to the top - some of the staff are lovely but the bad apples can and will make your working life unbearable, and management do NOTHING. I witnessed aggression and bullying being rewarded. Absolutely no recognition for hard work. Patient care is virtually non-existent - all Paydens care about is profit, and they put that before everything else. My last few months with this company almost induced a full nervous breakdown. Just don't do it. Please. Work literally anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
I would never recommend this company to anyone, they treat you like rubbish when you are learning but if your the one to shout the loudest you will get what you want from head office they will pay someone they like alot more and give them other incentives, head office all act like there mates.
Pros
Its a job if you want to start in pharmacy
Cons
All of it
This is a horrible company to work for. The management don’t care for the staff what so ever and head office are extremely slow and take weeks to get back to the manager when asking for holiday or anything in general.
I loved working at Paydens, the people were lovely at the time of my employment, the role was varied and interesting, and I learnt a lot to take into my future career as a dispenser.
Pay is absolutely terrible for everything the expect you to do. No support given to anyone until you’re at breaking point. Disgusting treatment one rule for one but another rule for someone else.
Pros
The atmosphere of the customers
Cons
The company itself
I worked in a branch and was absolutely appalled by the attitude the staff had! Constant backstabbing and degrading other staff members, I’d never know anything like it, the manager being the worst for it! Looking at other reviews it seems other branches have similar problems! HR were no better and didn’t seem to care what your issues were. Avoid.
Full off backstabbing workforce and awful management who only look after themselves to look good to top management! Get blamed for things you didn't do while your supposed work friends say nothing.
Bullying management .Gossiping and not doing much work . Not much caring , mainly smoking. Poorly paid .You will have to grow a double thick skin as they will talk to you like you are nothing. The colleagues who work the hardest get the most grief. So if you still want the job just sit in the office and join in .
Pros
You can find another job !
Cons
Bad people, Bad place
I worked for Paydens for 6 years. I progressed from having no experience of working in pharmacy to becoming a pharmacy technician and accuracy checker. Although based in an extremely busy pharmacy within a GP surgery, the team worked positively together thus allowing the job to be extremely enjoyable; with friendships formed.
sometimes it depends on individual pharmacy environment but overall it is good company to work with. pay is not very good but there is no target to meet, they encourage doing MURs etc but nothing like boots
Pay isn’t bad, but absolutely awful company to work for. I was off sick due to serious mental health issues which was made extremely worse by workplace bullying. Yet I was told that if I did not go back in to work then I would lose my job. I made complaints about the bullying I endured and the boss ignored it and told me that it was all in my head. This affected my performance at work and instead of my boss helping me, he told me I was awful at my job. So I asked how I could improve and done everything that he asked and more. One minute he told me that I need to believe in myself and that I’m great at my job and the next he was telling me I’m runnish. When I complained to HR about it they told me that ‘he wouldn’t do that’ because he was ‘such a nice guy and a lovely boss.’ You don’t get any support at all even though they make out they care about all their employees well being.
I have been working for Paydens for 2 years now and never had any problems. It’s definitely a job that keeps you on your toes as you just don’t know who is going to walk in and what the day brings... You have to be a good communicator as it’s not just the staff and patients you see but dealings with local surgery’s, suppliers which happen every day! Yes it can be stressful but what job isn’t?!
Pros
Lovely staff, good working environment.
Ambiente lavorativo estremamente dinamico, forte collegamento con gli ambulatori medici circostanti. Ottima struttura manageriale e ventaglio di servizi offerti ai pazienti, incluso il servizio di consegna a domicilio e revisione della terapia.
The team around me has always worked hard but they don't get the recognition they deserve from HR and the company. The targets keep coming, but the support isn't really there, new targets are brought in by different members of "head office" but the left hand doesn't talk to the right and time after time new targets get added on and old services get removed without the slightest whisper from management.
I worked there a few years ago in Dartford. The manager is shocking as she speaks to other members of staff in her own language in front of customers. She is on your case all the time to do all the jobs while she does very little. It would be a great place to work if the manager wasn't there. There was a large turnover of staff which is due to the manager!
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Manager very rude
I loved working here. Unfortunately it’s a very business minded company, and their employees are not that important to them! I found out the hard way. I got bullied by another member of staff more qualified than me. Procedures were met, but emotionally I was ruined as they failed to address the actual problem in hand and did not discipline the people who were bullying me. I got signed off work, when I finally did come back, I got moved to a different shop (3 doors away) where there was just as bad bullying happening in that shop. I tried my hardest to get on with everything, but after about ten months of it all, I decided to quit. By the end of working here, I had developed depression, lost my confidence and self esteem and became doubtful. Where as before working here I was a bright and bubbly person with lots of confidence. Don’t do it to yourself. Take another job elsewhere, you’re better than that!!
Pros
Free hot drinks and discount of 25% off.
Cons
Bullying, not enough support given. look in the statement below. Too many to list.
I worked for Paydens for over eighteen months. I found that as a company they were excellent on the whole. Every member of staff I spoke to at Head Office was very supportive and helpful. All requests that I made regarding wages, holidays, and other issues were acted on promptly, sensitively and I felt the staff at Head Office had a lot of empathy for the challenges that pharmacy staff deal with. As anyone who works within healthcare including pharmacy knows, these roles can be very rewarding but also demanding. You literally don't know who will walk into the pharmacy. It requires good communication skills and often requires you to be sensitive and empathetic with patients/customers who may be feeling very tired, in pain, frustrated, confused etc. The pharmacy I worked in was very past-paced as it was part of a medical center. There was a lot of work to do. We had an effective team. Every member of the team needs to be industrious. Quiet periods were very rare. If you are new to pharmacy, there is a lot to learn, and learning never really stops. The more you effort you put in to learning about minor health complaints and how to advise customers and direct them either to pharmacy products or other health service providers, the more confident and effective you will be. There are abundant training materials available. It is useful to have some initiative and to be willing to read and check you have understood correctly with the pharmacists you work with. A good team spirit is essential, so do not allow misunderstandings to develop into anything that would damage the working - more...
Pros
Paydens is an excellent pharmacy chain. This role can be very rewarding.
Cons
It can be a demanding role at times.
Where do I begin! Most of the staff members are rude. Not just to other members of staff, but to customers too! Some members of staff are not trained (even though they claim they have required qualifications and have done the relevant training etc). Too many part time members of staff, so no one knows what’s going on day to day. Seven people had left whilst I was working there. Long hours, doing other people’s jobs because they are lazy and clueless. Favouritism amongst members of staff and bullying (this even included the Pharamcist Manager). Weekly pay, hours written down by a “supervisor”, not allowed to write down your own hours, so when they make a mistake with your hours you have to wait until the following week for them to give you the hours that you are owed! Not good when you have bills to pay, travel etc. Minimum wage for long hours full of stress and always short staffed. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
Cons
Rude members of staff, long hours, minimum wage.