Pavers Shoes Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Advisor - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Morpeth, Northumberland15 August 2018
Pavers is a lovley store to work for. Management and team are an absolutely pleasure to work with.

The main role as a Customer Advisor at Pavers Shoes is customer service.
Poor company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chepstow5 August 2018
Management team rule with an iron fist and focus on negatives only. Over focused on targets rather than service.
Working atmosphere very uncomfortable.
Unprofessional, and ignores bullying
Would not recommend this company as they do not care about staff that are below management
Pros
Customers are amazing
Cons
Negative place to work
Terrible shop and environment. Cold winter, worn gloves.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sussex14 April 2018
Not really nice the team. Bullying. Upsetting.
All about selling shoes care not shoes.
Good pay and bonus.
Great Christmas party, company paid all expenses.
Pros
Good pay, bonus
Cons
Management, training very bad
All about shoecare, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  North West24 January 2018
Typical day- serving customers, unpacking deliveries, tidying shop floor, customer orders
Targets all focused on selling shoecare not shoes, forcing it onto customers to meet target
Management gave no training and constantly criticising other staff members work
Cons
Management, shoecare
Poor place to work
Front of house customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Bury25 October 2017
The job itself was very rewarding. I loved interacting with the older generation and hearing their stories. However, the management at Bury Pavers shoes are downright horrible to work for. The tension between staff was unbearable and you can’t seem to do anything right. All your negatives are focused on and any targets achieved are ignored. It is a very target-driven company. If you do not hit specific daily targets, you are taken aside and essentially told off. It is more like a school than a work place.
Pros
Speaking with the customers
Cons
Immature management
Never worked contract hours always expected more
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chepstow22 September 2017
Was supposed to work 20 hours a week was more like 30/35 hours a week. No breaks in the day unless you work more than 6 hours. No air conditioning and very hot working conditions. No regard to work life balance.
Pros
Discounted shoes good location
Cons
No care about staff or work life balance
Terrible company
Sales supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth18 August 2017
Don't pay staff for all hours worked. Expect you to arrive 30 mins before your pay starts and leave 30 mins + after pay stop.

HR department are incompetent, unhelpful and rude.

Don't get paid holiday entitlement, as they don't stick to the law regarding holiday pay or salary, expecting you to work for free.
Pros
Not really any
Cons
Pay, HR department, Holidays
Productive and very teaching
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fleetwood11 August 2017
I believe I learnt a lot from working here and I had no idea there was so much to know about shoes before. Enjoyed my time with the company very much.
Pros
Company parties
Cons
Old manager
Not good at all
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Essex24 June 2017
The pavers I worked in Essex was a complete joke, you always get overlooked when it comes to promotion as they prefer to waste time hiring outside the company when you have perfectly good staff more than able to do the job. Just because one member of staff had been assistant manager for about 7 years head office automatically think that they are amazing when in fact she was and over paid lazy sales assistant and no one took any action to solve the problem even no that the staff informed the area mangers about 6 times. Best thing I ever done was leave that place. You work silly 4 hour shifts you get no support what so ever.
Pros
Meeting the nice people who work there
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire22 June 2017
Great place to work. Daily duties were to run the store and close the store. Serve customers and put new stock out on shop floor. Move stock around dye to seasons.
Appalling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire22 June 2017
A terrible culture
Senior management are bullies and the sale of shoe care is all.
Customers are sold shoe care they do not need and staff are hourly harassed to sell more.
Productive and fun staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire11 June 2017
I started working at pavers in 2014 everyone one was very welcoming and I had all the training provided, the job was productive and fun, the hours and pay was standard. I enjoyed my experience being at pavers.
Just all about the shoe care, not the shoes
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire23 April 2017
The company pays a very stingy salary to sales advisers, currently £7.60 an hour, a mere 10p over minimum wage. When you work for Pavers you are there to sell shoe care, bags and accessories. They know the shoes will basically sell themselves so you are hugely personally targeted on all other areas and the pressure is overwhelming. It is a very physical job as everyday there is masses of stock and it is just tough if you are off the shop floor dealing with it and aren't serving customers to be able to try and hit your targets, you just go home worrying about hitting your target the next day. I have no choice as I have kids and a family to help support but it truly is a poor company to work for.
Pros
It's employment
Cons
Huge personal targets, constant unrealistic pressure to achieve, unapproachable management stuck in the 80's, poor salary
Good teamwork,quite fast pace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire17 March 2017
typical day would include cleaning dealing with incoming stock and outgoing stock, customer orders, customer service and till work. tidying and arranging displays.
Pros
Good work life balance and staff benefits
Cons
Sometimes quite heavy and physical duties
Fun place to work with a growing workforce
Warehouse Operative/Picker and Distribution Leader (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire3 January 2017
My working hours were between 7am and 3pm monday to friday. I use to get in and load my van and make sure that all other vans were loaded and safe to go out for the day. All my co-workers were easy to get along with and made the job more enjoyable. Management were also easy to get along with and always tried to help out when they could.
Pros
Paid lunch and good hours
Cons
Hard to progress
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skipton21 October 2016
Great place to work staff and management are really friendly. Hours are great and fit brilliantly with home life. Staff discount is great for getting work shoes.
Pros
Great team, great hours and great staff discounts.
No recognition
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  North West8 October 2016
The company is only interested in money. No support from area management. My store manager was wonderful but always getting into trouble from above. Staff work hard with no recognition. Poorly structured and badly organised. No training given and no room for progression. Too many rules with little/no substance. The work load is ridiculous when compared with the amount of hours allocated to the store. Awful, awful, awful
Pros
Staff in store
Cons
The company
Productiuve, fun and enjoyable
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Craigavon31 August 2016
I really enjoyed working for Pavers shoes, all the staff where very friendly and I still keep in touch with most of them today.

I learnt a lot from pavers. I learnt good team communication skills and I also learnt how to set and achieve targets using a competitive tactic.

The hardest part of the job was trying to sell shoe care but I ended up one of the top sellers by learning from my mistasks and trying new approaches,

the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and meeting there needs also this could be stressful but it always felt like a great achievement when I finally met what they were looking for.
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Solent24 July 2016
Treated the stuff brilliantly!
A normal day would include stocking shelves, serving customers, operating the tills and deliveries.
Used to be nice firm to work for but now only interested in profits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood18 June 2016
I have worked for Pavers for 10 years. At first it was ok working here, but over the years I have seen a lot of changes .
Our shop was not as big as it is now, and back then we used to manage to hit our targets most days, this meant we would get a decent bonus at the end of the year, however now our shop is larger and the targets are much higher and the fact that we are the only shoe shop on freeport means we can hardly hit target. One of my colleagues recieved 4 pence bonus, yes that's right it's not a mistake 4 pence when the owner has got personal wealth of 70 million pounds, this is an insult after the hard work we do for this company .The management are under pressure from the big bosses to hit targets. Sometimes I wonder what we are supposed to be selling because they are obsessed with shoe care targets, and when we do the target it's going to go up again. Pavers also used to give employees 15 pounds every 3 months to help with uniform, but they took this away from us saying that some staff were abusing it. They also used to pay just over the minimum wage, this they say was an in sent ive to keep thier good staff, however since the minimum wage is now 7.20 per hour I noticed they don't pay over minimum wage anymore. This firm offers absolutely no insentive for staff to do well.
I have been looking out for another job for a while now, and will leave pavers when something suitable comes up. Our shop has a high staff turnover which is because of our manager, who talks to us all like we are schoolchildren and thinks nothing about belittling us in
  more... front of colleagues and customers, I've told her many times about this but nothing ever changes , she has also been reported to head office many times because of her bullying nature, but of course they don't give a dam. There are no full time jobs available unless it's a manager,or assistant manager, like most other firms you have got to be as flexible as possible to suit them. The company say they want us to act in a natural manner, but we are more like robots churning out the same things all the time asking evey customer "do you want a catalogue, I recommend this product, do you know we have a dedicated tv channel on sky, would you like to look at our accessories ". Can't the company see that most people get fed up with hearing this stuff. Also we are not allowed to talk to our colleagues at all now, except to say hello, it's bad because it's a normal human function to talk.
What I do love about my job is meeting different people, and my work colleagues.
Pros
Meeting people and my work colleagues
Cons
Management, dont care about staff, only interested in profits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pavers Shoes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7